Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make ANY signings?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have never said the current owners can do no wrong.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oh come on!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yorkie said:

I saw some great Tshirts in the club shop today 3 out of 4 isn't bad with 3 arrows pointing up and the third pointing down.

:)
i spotted that

is it my imagination or is that one in the window printed wrong

its got arrow up,arrow up,arrow up , arrow down
when it should be arrow up,arrow up,arrow down ,arrow up

or have i missed a promotion/relegation?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

On the other hand, I watch a team who are hemerraging(sp) money, have a shit stadium, pay over the odds to watch them in the rain, can't get anyone to play for us, can't keep decent managers and lose players to better clubs.

That is why, I am never optomistic about a season coming up as it doesn't matter until Falmer is on board...only then will be able to attract investors/players/managers etc etc. For the time being we bobble along pulling out miracles like last season.

Yet I imagine, like everyone on here. that you still arrive at each game thinking we can win it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you know me better than that max

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I want and probably expect us to win every game. I would be annoyed if we played Arsenal and lost but that doesn't stop me wanting to be there at the same level as them. Every thing I say or do concerning the Albion is beacuse I care about them as do most fans even I believe including Ernest.

Perhaps with Falmer we may one day be up with the Arsenals of this world.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If there is one thing I cannot stand about NSC it is the constant KEEP THE FAITH bollocks that is sputed off on here. Usually accompanied by 'my we do have short memories' or 'Did you go to Gillingham?' 'Where YOU at Hereford?'

It really is a very blinkered view to see all discussion regarding the Albion that dare to say that they are concerned in some way or question a decision that McGhee or Sir Dick has made as moaning. It is not. What an increibley boring and close minded life you must lead! When in the ground I will cheer on the boys for the full 90mins, I was at Brenford a few years back singing whilst getting hammered and even mooned at!

However, we are not at a game here we are on a chat site dedicated to THE Albion. Here we discuss or joys AND worries. At the moment I am voicing concerns over our lack of transfer activity in the midfield area of our squad. I'm concerned that not even the Argus has released the names of the supposed three proven strikers we have on trial. I'm suggesting that if I were in charge I'd like to think I'd be looking at a lot more players to bolster a very weak part of our game. Midfield. I've stated fact. Most of our mifield is either not up to Div 1 or is recovering form injury or even both! This concerns me as a Brighton SUPPORTER and I would like to know if I'm alone in these views or if my views are shared by other Brighton SUPPORTERS! That is the whole point of a discussion. To simply say stop moaning is pathetic and to be honest tirsome in the extream it just highlights your in ability to put a point across and your own insecurities about the club. Disagree with me by all means. e.g. Fatbay has come up with a possible reason for not signing anyone yet. We could be looking at Loans. Even then I would expect some speculation at least. Are we having trouble attracting the right sort of player to the club due to the uncertainty of its future? Must be a factor surely. Do we not need any midfielders? If not, why not?

I for one don't think Strikers are a huge priority. I would only play one up front all season anyway. Either Leon, Chris or Jake. What I would want to do is load the midfield. Play 4 at the back and 5 in the middle. We will need to defend for most of the game but we will also need to break effectively.

Discuss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lammy said:
If there is one thing I cannot stand about NSC it is the constant KEEP THE FAITH bollocks that is sputed off on here. Usually accompanied by 'my we do have short memories' or 'Did you go to Gillingham?' 'Where YOU at Hereford?'

It really is a very blinkered view to see all discussion regarding the Albion that dare to say that they are concerned in some way or question a decision that McGhee or Sir Dick has made as moaning. It is not. What an increibley boring and close minded life you must lead! When in the ground I will cheer on the boys for the full 90mins, I was at Brenford a few years back singing whilst getting hammered and even mooned at!

However, we are not at a game here we are on a chat site dedicated to THE Albion. Here we discuss or joys AND worries. At the moment I am voicing concerns over our lack of transfer activity in the midfield area of our squad. I'm concerned that not even the Argus has released the names of the supposed three proven strikers we have on trial. I'm suggesting that if I were in charge I'd like to think I'd be looking at a lot more players to bolster a very weak part of our game. Midfield. I've stated fact. Most of our mifield is either not up to Div 1 or is recovering form injury or even both! This concerns me as a Brighton SUPPORTER and I would like to know if I'm alone in these views or if my views are shared by other Brighton SUPPORTERS! That is the whole point of a discussion. To simply say stop moaning is pathetic and to be honest tirsome in the extream it just highlights your in ability to put a point across and your own insecurities about the club. Disagree with me by all means. e.g. Fatbay has come up with a possible reason for not signing anyone yet. We could be looking at Loans. Even then I would expect some speculation at least. Are we having trouble attracting the right sort of player to the club due to the uncertainty of its future? Must be a factor surely. Do we not need any midfielders? If not, why not?

I for one don't think Strikers are a huge priority. I would only play one up front all season anyway. Either Leon, Chris or Jake. What I would want to do is load the midfield. Play 4 at the back and 5 in the middle. We will need to defend for most of the game but we will also need to break effectively.

Discuss.

Well said there are areas that cause concern and even MM has stated that he needs to strengthen certain positions but why do players not join us and like Iwelumo and Gary Caldwell who we were rumoured to be interested go abroad and Mooney join Oxford is it all down to our lack of facilities and do we pay low wages because according to DK we do not. At every Fans Forum he states that we are not the highest payers in the division but certainly nowhere near the lowest. So what is the problem Training Facilities?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lammy said:

Discuss.

I disagree, Lammy.

Strikers are the main priority. We need to score goals if we are to win games. I personally believe that we will sign a striker before the season begins and we'll also get another on loan, probably a youngster from a Premiership club (McGhee's got some mates in good places). Knight will score in this league but we need somebody to take the heat off of him if he goes through a bad patch

Personally I cannot understand everyone's worried about the midfield. I believe that if Chippy and Rodger can rediscover their form as a partnership then the centre is quite sound. Reid, Jones, Hart, Piercy. Hammond and Oatway can all do a job. One wide player is probably needed and again I think McGhee is on the case.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
oh christ I've been yorkie-grammed

It's like being summoned to the headmistresses room

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I asked you by pm why you laughed at me

thanks for making that public.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I disagree, Lammy.

Strikers are the main priority. We need to score goals if we are to win games. I personally believe that we will sign a striker before the season begins and we'll also get another on loan, probably a youngster from a Premiership club (McGhee's got some mates in good places). Knight will score in this league but we need somebody to take the heat off of him if he goes through a bad patch

Personally I cannot understand everyone's worried about the midfield. I believe that if Chippy and Rodger can rediscover their form as a partnership then the centre is quite sound. Reid, Jones, Hart, Piercy. Hammond and Oatway can all do a job. One wide player is probably needed and again I think McGhee is on the case.

So you'd still play 4-4-2 then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am seriously concerned that an average player like Iwelumo turned us down. I don't rate him and am not upset that he won't be here, but it is a worry that players don't seem to want to come here.

My optimism that McGhee will sort it out is driven by hope rather than expectation :(

rool

Jul 10, 2003
No problem, I laughed at the statement that you have never said the current owners can do no wrong.
Did you pm dave the same question?.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
At the moment I would persist with 4-4-2. The defenders seem very confident with that formation so I would not tinker. The two youngsters filling the full back roles have stepped up to the plate and done very well, I would be a bit nervous about asking them to adapt their games again. Butters and Cullip and solid and have an understanding now that cannot be questioned. With Blackwell coming back we also have quality cover on the bench.

There is the argument that playing 3 in midfield removes the wide player problem, I don't buy this, it's just moving the problem elsewhere. Wing backs are a special breed and last time we tried that particular idea it showed that none of our current players have the nouse to play there.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'd still play four at the back so they wouldn't really need to change the way the defence operates. I'm actually quite confident about our defence. I'd play three central midfielders and two wingers. The central midfielders would be able to drop back into defence nicely leaving the wingers to break with Leon waiting on the halfway line.

I'd only really opt for a 4-4-2 at home against 'weaker' opposition.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So five in the midfield with two wide plyers pushing right up there?

Who would these players be (quite interested by this formation)? I would suggest Piercy and Hart with Chippy, Rodger and Ried in the three midfield roles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here