Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make ANY signings?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still maintain that MM has set October as his decision time on how we are progressing as he has given most of the possibles 3 month contractrs to prove themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I still maintain that MM has set October as his decision time on how we are progressing as he has given most of the possibles 3 month contractrs to prove themselves.

We will have new players by kick off. No it's not ideal but then neither is the lure of a 7,000 seater athletics track. There is no way MM is stupid enough to wait 3 months before bringing players in, which is what he would have to be if he waited 'til October.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Why are you so smug as if EVERYBODY else is talking b......s except you.

Please point out where I have been smug?

I know reading a post without the tone of voice can read differently to how a person means it to sound.

As far as I am aware most of most posts without the smileys are disbelieving of how people can moan so much.

I really don't understand.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he will soldier through with possibly one short term signing and then re-assess the situation after about 8 games and then go to DK and say 'right I need X Y Z players find the money or goodbye'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
Errr I wasn't

My post was poking fun at myself and the dreadful weekend on Nsc when only Ernest Bens Grandad and Berkshire were posting.

Hence me laughing at Titanic's gentle teasing.

I took this as an insinuation that everything posted over the weekend was rubbish and should be disregarded because myself Ernest and Berkshire posted it and as such we are not capable or entitled to have an opinion. Perhaps the continual character assasination of me being an Archer Bellotti Stanley fan is getting to me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
I took this as an insinuation that everything posted over the weekend was rubbish and should be disregarded because myself Ernest and Berkshire posted it and as such we are not capable or entitled to have an opinion. Perhaps the continual character assasination of me being an Archer Bellotti Stanley fan is getting to me.

At no time did I say the posts were rubbish.

It was a dreadful weekend because the posts were so negative and have depressed me.
If Nsc consisted of the weekend's content on a regular basis I would never use it again.
I really don't feel that there is a need for so much repetative moaning.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There should be some new signs soon as advertising - does that count as signings ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sometimes I think people moan so that if the team fails they can be proved correct and be happy about it yet if we do well they will also be happy. Best of both worlds.

Let's go into the season with some positivity and hope it helps the team perform well, after all we have to be positive in this division if we are to achieve anything.

Let's begin the season looking up, not down.

Chins up, we're the f***ing ALBION baby!!

:cool:

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Yorkie said:
At no time did I say the posts were rubbish.

It was a dreadful weekend because the posts were so negative and have depressed me.
If Nsc consisted of the weekend's content on a regular basis I would never use it again.
I really don't feel that there is a need for so much repetative moaning.

Its not repetitive moaning its just that people are getting pissed off waiting for these three signings to arrive!

Thats the idea of having a site like this as people can voice there opinions and if you dont like what they are saying then dont read there posts,simple really.

And someone on here said about wailting til October before MM sorts things out,thats the last thing we want as it will be like last time all over again!

On a brighter side Ive booked my flight for the Sunderland game!!:drink: :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Sometimes I think people moan so that if the team fails they can be proved correct and be happy about it yet if we do well they will also be happy. Best of both worlds.

Let's go into the season with some positivity and hope it helps the team perform well, after all we have to be positive in this division if we are to achieve anything.

Let's begin the season looking up, not down.

Chins up, we're the f***ing ALBION baby!!

:cool:

Thanks Max. That has cheered me up. I am glad someone else is trying to look on the bright side.

I saw some great Tshirts in the club shop today 3 out of 4 isn't bad with 3 arrows pointing up and the third pointing down.

Also with the playoff result on the front and Road To Promotion with the semi results and the final on the back.
I know where some of my birthday money is going to go.

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
Its not repetitive moaning its just that people are getting pissed off waiting for these three signings to arrive!

Thats the idea of having a site like this as people can voice there opinions and if you dont like what they are saying then dont read there posts,simple really.

And someone on here said about wailting til October before MM sorts things out,thats the last thing we want as it will be like last time all over again!

On a brighter side Ive booked my flight for the Sunderland game!!:drink: :D

It is usual to have a balance of optimistic posts and pessimistic posts. What I commented on was that it was all pessimism.

I shall be glad to get through October this year and not change our manager like we have for the last 3 years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am very optimistic that MM will produce the goods and keep us up, if sufficient funds are made available for wages when needed, and I am not talking mega bucks. JP will say YES. Then who knows!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am really pleased that some others on here are being realistic now (not pessimistic), and pointing out that we need to make the 4 new signings MM promised...

To repeat... he publicly stated that we needed 2 in midfield, 1 striker (presumably 2 now, with CI's departure), and 1 defender...

That's cheered me up no end!...

As for the rose-tinted spectacle-wearers... wake up, face reality...

We are racing certainties for relegation if we do not strengthen, and fast...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
b.w.2. said:
I am really pleased that some others on here are being realistic now (not pessimistic), and pointing out that we need to make the 4 new signings MM promised...

To repeat... he publicly stated that we needed 2 in midfield, 1 striker (presumably 2 now, with CI's departure), and 1 defender...

That's cheered me up no end!...

As for the rose-tinted spectacle-wearers... wake up, face reality...

We are racing certainties for relegation if we do not strengthen, and fast...

We might as well not bother turning up if we don't strengthen the team, the only signing Magoo will have to make is Steve Davis because we will be so far behind we will need snookers to stay up :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
it is worrying!! seems to be a carbon copy of 2 years ago when we last went up and is the 3rd season on the trot we go into pre season with no new additions but iv got faith mm will get it rite

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Do not forget the two season long loans which may well be a midfielder and a striker of high quality, possibly from a Premiership side.

Do not expect these to be announced yet as they may well be stolen by someone like Reading.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:
Do not forget the two season long loans which may well be a midfielder and a striker of high quality, possibly from a Premiership side.

Do not expect these to be announced yet as they may well be stolen by someone like Reading.

Exactly

This is why I have my 'rose tinted' specs on and trying to be a realist instead of all this 'we'll be relegated by October'

As my post above says - this date last year we had not signed a single player. We got Leon Knight after that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think I am being overly pessemistic, rather I am being a realist.

Yorkie, you have this sunny disposition who sees all things Albion as wonderful and the current owners can do no wrong ( nothing wrong with that , however you must be tolerant to other people's views) on the other hand you have FG who thinks all things are bad and MP/DK are the devils spawn.( FG will never be tolerant of other views.

Personally In one way I am pleased being able to see the club doing so well on the field, promotions etc etc, but on the other hand do feel that it would be nice to be a Preston or Coventry for example, ie good players coming and going, a decent ground, occasional cup run, no hassle over the ground and the chance of getting to the premiership.

On the other hand, I watch a team who are hemerraging(sp) money, have a shit stadium, pay over the odds to watch them in the rain, can't get anyone to play for us, can't keep decent managers and lose players to better clubs.

That is why, I am never optomistic about a season coming up as it doesn't matter until Falmer is on board...only then will be able to attract investors/players/managers etc etc. For the time being we bobble along pulling out miracles like last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here