• No

Votes: 74 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Do you know the answers to any these questions? Do you have one shred of evidence that because we had 2 or 3 tossers in our squad pissing around in training that this put other players off coming here? Anything at all? One shred of evidence?

"Left to run too long!?" So we should have got rid of Jarrett earlier then?

Which is it, hang on to him in case he turns out OK, or get rid of him to restore squad discipline? Is it too much to ask you settle on one answer and stick to it?

From what was said at Seagulls over London (second hand), there were dressing room issues, oh and that training had got a lot more interesting since the departure of your false Messiah.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mouldy Boots said:
I just want to know why you keep repeatedly starting threads about negative things and why you can't just give Dean a proper crack of the whip.

Start panicking when we get in the last 5 games and we are 9 points from safety - now that is the time to worry.

Come on get behind them they are just boys and they need a lift.

Because as far as Garth is concerned anyone other than McGhee is not good enough.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
From what was said at Seagulls over London (second hand), there were dressing room issues, oh and that training had got a lot more interesting since the departure of your false Messiah.

Player in shock 'this manager is better than the last one' revelation. Would you believe it.....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Look MOH, I bet most of the people saying , do not critiscise , give it more time blah blah blah were not bloody well there and have not got since Withdean started. I paid £ 900 for 2 st's , £ 45 for my new top and give the club a lot of money and if I want to criticise a performance or a managerial cock up I bloody well will. I personally found the abuse of McGhee totally out of order but my criticisms have been at changes made and not a single person in particular apart from Piers obviously and that was only because he started on me first :p

nah nah nah nah.

Uncle Buck said:

Well, a couple of more unsourced bits of rubbish - but that again wasn't the question I asked you. You said, did failure to deal with the clique put other players off coming from Brighton. I asked - did you have any indication or evidence that this happened? And you have replied with - nothing.

If there were dressing rooms as you state, why did Gary Hart say he was gutted that McGhee went and Butters say something similar?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Well, a couple of more unsourced bits of rubbish - but that again wasn't the question I asked you. You said, did failure to deal with the clique put other players off coming from Brighton. I asked - did you have any indication or evidence that this happened? And you have replied with - nothing.

Unsourced rubbish? It was one of our current players who was speaking to the meeting.

If the evidence does not fit your agenda you dismiss it as rubbish, sums you up.

Uncle Buck said:
Unsourced rubbish? It was one of our current players who was speaking to the meeting.

If the evidence does not fit your agenda you dismiss it as rubbish, sums you up.
Does it fit your agenda then? You've given no details whatsoever.

On the other hand, we have on the record sourced quotes from OGH and Butters that they were gutted that McGhee was sacked.

Oh, and you've completely failed to back up your assertion that players were put off coming to Brighton by dressing room problems - AGAIN.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Does it fit your agenda then? You've given no details whatsoever.

On the other hand, we have on the record sourced quotes from OGH and Butters that they were gutted that McGhee was sacked.

From what Hinsh said (paraphrasing) Knight had not been a good thing in the dressing room and training under McGhee had gone stale, minimal work on set pieces etc and it was more interesting under McGhee.

But as it was not in the paper or not what you want to hear about your false Messiah, you will dismiss it, belittle and be your general self.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle B and LI do you not think that maybe some players were happy to see him go and others weren't. Call me a radical if you like.

Uncle Buck said:
From what Hinsh said (paraphrasing) Knight had not been a good thing in the dressing room and training under McGhee had gone stale, minimal work on set pieces etc and it was more interesting under McGhee.

:D

Of course it's always good to have fresh input in training, that was why Wilkins was brought in as coach - by Mark McGhee.

As for the Knight stuff, McGhee dealt with that. And you supported him all the way, didn't you, Uncle Buck? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Of course it's always good to have fresh input in training, that was why Wilkins was brought in as coach - by Mark McGhee.

Or did Knight have him promoted to quell the board room issues?

Regarding the Leon Knight stuff, him and McCammon were being disruptive and needed to be moved on to try and stop the younger ones getting dragged into it, however it probably happened to late, which is why the coaching staff have to take some of the blame for that.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
That is you all over.

Do not like what is being said so use a smilie.
No, I very much likes the fact you said training was more interesting under McGhee. I smiled, come on, I'm human!

Uncle Buck said:
Or did Knight have him promoted to quell the board room issues?

Regarding the Leon Knight stuff, him and McCammon were being disruptive and needed to be moved on to try and stop the younger ones getting dragged into it, however it probably happened to late, which is why the coaching staff have to take some of the blame for that.

The $64,000 question though is whether McGhee critics like you would have supported earlier action on the issue, like shipping Leon out sooner. Or would you have used such a transfer as a stick to beat McGhee with? Oooohhhh, three guesses.

Uncle Buck said:
However if things had been dealt with earlier, would we have needed to ship the players out?

Eh? What other sanctions were available? Leon's gone past the stage of putting him over your knee and giving him a spanking, ain't he? (Just).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
McGhee could have dealt with it in house instead of going to his golfing partner at the Anus?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
McGhee could have dealt with it in house instead of going to his golfing partner at the Anus?

Bollocks. Most Brighton fans didn't have a clue there were big problems with Leon til very late on, his final season. Naylor was one of Leon Knight's biggest fans, he even launched a campaign to get him made player of the season in 2004. He remained on excellent terms with Knight til the end, we often got first news of Leon's contract issues through Knight spilling to Naylor. So, your one-dimensional slag-off of Naylor is just utter crap.

So I'll ask you since you've popped up. What could McGhee have done that could have sorted this problem, short of transferring him out? Any idea whatsoever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here