Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we even have a game against Pompey next week...?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could they simply ask fans to pay voluntary extra on their tickets? e.g. If a fan was so inclined he could pay £35 for his £25 ticket. Be interesting to see how many fans would be willing to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Could they simply ask fans to pay voluntary extra on their tickets? e.g. If a fan was so inclined he could pay £35 for his £25 ticket. Be interesting to see how many fans would be willing to.

Or what about...

The administrator takes ALL the gate receipts from their last home game, and puts the LOT on a 5-0 defeat in their game against the Albion next week.

*obviously their players would need to up their game a bit to achieve it....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If their contracts are cancelled can't they just join anyone they like?

no.

first the club cannot cancel their contract as they will still be liable for the full cost (and all their big earners are contracted for at least one more, and in some cases two more, years)

second, because the transfer window is closed even a player who becomes out of contract cannot sign for another club (if they had become out of contract within the last transer window (ie the end of January) they could have signed for someone else). Of course Pompey could have sold at least three of their players in the last transfer window but turned down bids from Ipswich

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Or what about...

The administrator takes ALL the gate receipts from their last home game, and puts the LOT on a 5-0 defeat in their game against the Albion next week.

*obviously their players would need to up their game a bit to achieve it....

I think the odds wouldn't be that generous.

I like the idea of them going out of business. All previous results against them would be wiped out and we would only lose a point whilst our rivals would lose more giving us the following table:

fjq984.png

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the odds wouldn't be that generous.

I like the idea of them going out of business. All previous results against them would be wiped out and we would only lose a point whilst our rivals would lose more giving us the following table:

fjq984.png

Portsmouth 2011-2012 Home - statto.com

Albion set to lose three points, Ipswich, West Ham 6 pts each. Blackpool and Reading, nil points.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Why would you in all honesty defer your salary with PFC. They are very unlikely going to be able to pay back the salaries although as they don't bother with things such as Tax and NIC it wont be as much as it should be. I hope they rot in hell.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Anybody who actually believes pompey are going bust are deluded,it will never happen,seen it to many times.You watch someone will buy them and they will be spending again soon trust me:)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
'Some things money can't buy, although this remains a touchy subject with the creditors from your last administration as they lost most of their money'

Might need a few people to carry it.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?14n4lj

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
who's on 36K a week at Pompey ? Kitson or is Brown still there

Tal Ben Haim is on £36K a week and has 2 years left on his contract
Lawrence and Kitson are on £20K a week and have another year to go on their deals.
Ward I think is on £16K and Benjani and Kanu are somewhere around that mark as well
Even Pearce is on £7.5K which PFC offered him when he re-signed from Bournemouth despite the fact that he had accepted an offer of £3K a week from Posh just days earlier.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
From a non league perspective, when Croydon Athletic went bang earlier this season, all teams that had won against them had points deducted. It was a bit of an arse, as Worthing lost out as they'd beaten them 2-1 at home and were the next up to play them at Croydon went they went tit's up - effectively losing them 6 points.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Let's go easy on pompey fans... it's not their fault that pompey fc have been treated so badly. fans united and all that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
SSN are reporting PFC will not be able to complete the season.
What? I've watched SSN discussing Pompey, and they've talked about the possibility. They've not said PFC will not complete the season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have to go to Fratton tomorrow night.
Banner anyone?

Some things money can't buy...
<insert own idea here>

But that didn't stop us trying

or
But who cares, it wasn't our money :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I accept that the Football League rules and regulations are clear about the situation, but just to muddy the waters, the example I referenced earlier is BBC SPORT | Football | Non League | Unibond League play-offs go ahead where the unibond league initially expunge Spennymoor's results, but the FA overturned that decision. This was in 2005, I don't know if there is a more recent example of a club failing to complete a season, but if the FA can overturn the Unibond decision to expunge results, couldn't they do the same if the Football League try to expunge Portsmouth's record? The Spennymoor decision was challenged in court and upheld, so the FA may feel on strong ground?

Looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Northern_Premier_League_controversy the unibond league had previous said they wouldn't expunge the record or expel spennymoor at a previous meeting earlier that season, so perhaps that's why the FA overturned the decision and why they won't overturn a football league decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here