Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Vicente be at pre-season training tomorrow??

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I agree it needs to be sorted, but is there a rush ?

The only people who seem worried about it are the fans and obviously the argus..... Gus is letting David Burke sort it and I'd imagine him and the players are just preparing as normal.

I'd be very surprised if Gus doesn't already have a plan and if Vicente stays then its a bonus... The agent is looking for a quick resolution and to be honest we don't need one. The only way this will end quickly is if we release him or he comes back. As neither is going to happen yet I think the agent will need to come up with another plan as we won't let Vicente go for free

To hell with being rational!!! Let's get the pitch forks out...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gus should not have promised the guy that we would not extend his contract did he not want to come back - if that's what actually happened. The financial side of contracts has nothing to do with him.

I suspect we'll get a nominal and undisclosed fee and Vicente will sign for the club he wants back at home. I just hope it's sorted soon.

The bottom line is he's not coming back so at least we as fans can move on.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I agree it needs to be sorted, but is there a rush ?

The only people who seem worried about it are the fans and obviously the argus..... Gus is letting David Burke sort it and I'd imagine him and the players are just preparing as normal.

I'd be very surprised if Gus doesn't already have a plan and if Vicente stays then its a bonus... The agent is looking for a quick resolution and to be honest we don't need one. The only way this will end quickly is if we release him or he comes back. As neither is going to happen yet I think the agent will need to come up with another plan as we won't let Vicente go for free

Well I disagree with that a little. If Vicente is taking up a fair bit of budget and as yet do not know whether he is staying or going it becomes a burden. These are monies we could be putting to replace him. As yet, nobody is gaining anything from this situation

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
sorry, chaps, but I'm getting just a bit pissed off with the way this whole saga is being treated like a bereavement...........let him go if he must, we'll get over it, I'm sure !

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Unfortunately this is part and parcel of how modern footballers with their agents deal with contract disputes. You can't blame the club for extending the option on his contract, but that would have ruffled the Vicente camps feathers.
I enjoyed watching Vicente last season and would love to see him back, however I seriously think we have seen the last of him.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I agree with those who say we need to move on. Yes, we have been treated to a third of a season of probably the best player I have ever seen in an Albion shirt BUT, quite understandably, he has a young family and is settled in Spain, i can understand why he wants to sign for a Spanish club and if i was in his position, i probably would too.

We should wish him well and focus our attentions elsewhere, he is not coming back.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think the club have moved on and have already earmarked hid wages for somewhere else, just seeing if we can squeeze a few grand out of Elche.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It's a bad job, just get rid of him and move on. There is no loyalty in football other than the fans.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've seen it on here and on the Argus now.

The general vibe around this whole issue is astonishing. "we should just get rid", "He can f*** off", "we should move on", "their is no loyalty"

The whole thing is such a NON story that its ridiculous. It's just a NORMAL football story being twisted inside and out.

The basic facts are all SIMPLE and NORMAL for football.

A bloke from Spain signed a contract last summer with view to the club extending that.

The summer comes and the spaniard has a little think about if he would like to stay.

The club make the logical move of adding the extra year as to cover their backs.

The spaniard and the agent make no shocking statements or demands in the press.

Other clubs state their interest.

I actually don't see ANYTHING particularly special about this situation. Vicente never said HE would stay. He is exploring all his options open to him and his young family.

This is a MASSIVE decision for him. If he signs then LOVELY.

If not then FINE. There should be absolutely NO hard feelings at all towards the player. What has he or the agent done wrong exactly?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Remember all those times when you pitched up at the Amex and thought Vicente was a fiction,and asked about Vicente sightings ?

Well,comet-like he appeared,and now he's off to kiss another badge,take off another club's shirt to twirl about his head.

Good bye,good luck.

Get him off the books,and spend elsewhere,or simply don't spend (not my money,after all.)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

The general vibe around this whole issue is astonishing. "we should just get rid", "He can f*** off", "we should move on", "their is no loyalty"

The whole thing is such a NON story that its ridiculous. It's just a NORMAL football story being twisted inside and out.

A bloke from Spain signed a contract last summer with view to the club extending that.

The summer comes and the spaniard has a little think about if he would like to stay.

The club make the logical move of adding the extra year as to cover their backs.

I actually don't see ANYTHING particularly special about this situation. Vicente never said HE would stay. He is exploring all his options open to him and his young family.

If not then FINE. There should be absolutely NO hard feelings at all towards the player. What has he or the agent done wrong exactly?

Not turning up for training when contractually obliged to do so for one thing.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

I don't think that it makes it ok because so many players do it. He is under contract and needs to turn up for work, like we all do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is a MASSIVE decision for him.

Is it ? Really ?

We're talking about him staying here for one season. By next May, he's gone. Its hardly a lifetime commitment, its a few months. And after the way the club took a chance and rehabilitated him, I think he owes us that season.

Not that its going to happen now.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I don't think that it makes it ok because so many players do it. He is under contract and needs to turn up for work, like we all do.

So you never think about changing your working situation or trying to ensure that you are in a stronger position to negociate?

Or do you just wish that you could and don't do anything about it?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pity he was not Dutch. I expect there is a buzz about Spanish football right now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Best post by a LONG WAY on here. People are SO quick to make black and white judgments. It's ALL grey.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you never think about changing your working situation or trying to ensure that you are in a stronger position to negociate?

Or do you just wish that you could and don't do anything about it?

I'm sure he thinks about it, but I'm sure he wouldn't just NOT TURN UP one day to work.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it ? Really ?

We're talking about him staying here for one season. By next May, he's gone. Its hardly a lifetime commitment, its a few months. And after the way the club took a chance and rehabilitated him, I think he owes us that season.

Not that its going to happen now.

Well the hints are that we're looking for a 2 year deal for him. It's a pretty big decision I would say, considering everything it would mean for his family and possibly the final years of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here