Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Vicente be at pre-season training tomorrow??

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yep - this is my big worry too. Along with having to change our recruitment policy from where it was a week ago when Gus was building a team around Vicente. Without him, do we have a different formation, do we need different kinds of players, do we have to totally re-think our list of targets etc?

I suspect that with our far more professional set up now we may have anticipated a situation like this and would have a Plan B ready to go. If not then Gus would be incredibly naive. As said above if Vicente doesn't come back then wages are freed up for quality players and our own JFC may even get a chance to establish himself in the first eleven. :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I suspect that with our far more professional set up now we may have anticipated a situation like this and would have a Plan B ready to go. If not then Gus would be incredibly naive. As said above if Vicente doesn't come back then wages are freed up for quality players and our own JFC may even get a chance to establish himself in the first eleven. :)

Exactly. We were doing fine last season before Vicente showed up and we'll do fine without him if that is how it pans out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
552234_10151881297660532_2134389927_n.jpg

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the way i see it, the club need to sort this out now, I mean today or tomorrow. If he stays then fantastic as he is marvellous, if he chooses to leave and move away, then so be it, the wages can go somewhere else, but the decision needs to be made now so Gus and the other players can prepare for the new season with out it hanging around like a bad smell.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Elche refuse to pay a fee perhaps Mr Rodriguez would like to buy himself out of his contract?

Shame because JFC would have so benefited from learning from Vicente - he could ceratinly potentially play the role but lacks the experience and, obviously, the vision that only a very special player has.

Time to step up the recruitment programme and bring a bit of feelgood back :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's the confirmation then (Argus):

Elche - out of order... not willing to pay, talking to a player / his agent while said player is in contract...
Agent - out of order... talking to Elche, telling his player to break contract by not training...
Vicente - out of order... signed the contract, but doesn't want to comply... get's full support to get fit, shows zero appreciation of what the Albion have done for him and his career, no loyalty...

On our side, Gus should have kept his mouth shut re not enforcing contract extension... otherwise, all good...

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
If he is not turning up to training, then in my opinion he is AWOL and should be fined until he returns. I do not care how good a player he is, he us under contract with us and as a result MUST turn up. He is a great player and I would love to see he play for us next season, but if he wants to act like a big time Charlie and think he is better than the club, he can piss off, and his wages can be reinvested into players who want to play for us.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
If there is no show this week then the club need to fine him one week wages and continue to do so till such time this gets resolved.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If he is not turning up to training, then in my opinion he is AWOL and should be fined until he returns. I do not care how good a player he is, he us under contract with us and as a result MUST turn up. He is a great player and I would love to see he play for us next season, but if he wants to act like a big time Charlie and think he is better than the club, he can piss off, and his wages can be reinvested into players who want to play for us.

Its just too late now, his true colours have emerged, if he comes back we will all think its under sufference..... bye bye Vicente.... hello again Dicker...... duoh!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This, sadly. Time to move on :(

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I agree it needs to be sorted, but is there a rush ?

The only people who seem worried about it are the fans and obviously the argus..... Gus is letting David Burke sort it and I'd imagine him and the players are just preparing as normal.

I'd be very surprised if Gus doesn't already have a plan and if Vicente stays then its a bonus... The agent is looking for a quick resolution and to be honest we don't need one. The only way this will end quickly is if we release him or he comes back. As neither is going to happen yet I think the agent will need to come up with another plan as we won't let Vicente go for free

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here