Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will the Unions bring everyone to their knees?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’s the first time I have watched Qt for quite sometime. In fact, since about the time Bruce took over as presenter.

She hasn’t improved any, has she.
Mick Lynch did okay, if only Bruce would let him finish his answers.

I did turn it off just now, and I won’t be watching again any time soon, I do think that all participants should have a fair crack of the whip.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
From Jon Evans on Facebook. Jon is a railway worker, so might know a bit about the offer.

Warning - I've not bothered corroborating any of this, as that would break the 'leap first' rules that we follow here.

John Evans - Facebook.png

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No.

Grow up and learn some history Jack.

Thatcher + Scargill = destruction of British industry.

Johnson + Lynch = collapse of the railways.

Idiots like Corbyn and Lynch empower the worst people in our Country like Johnson. He needs these left wing dinosaurs in order to wield power and Lynch has played a blinder for Johnson tonight.

Bit unnecessary, especially because that’s just your opinion and by no means true.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What amuses me is I wonder if any of them have been on a train - how exactly is it affecting them in their Discoveries & Land Rovers?!

What made me laugh was his example of the person at Charing Cross not being able to fix something at Victoria, was an ironic choice, as they are both on Kent & Sussex. So could actually be able to fix both.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Welsh guy is a total tool, a right bingo (card) bore with his cliche “In Wales, Welsh trains running on Welsh tracks with Welsh drivers through Welsh Valleys, and nothing ever goes wrong…because they’re Welsh. And in Wales.”

FFS, just feck off Ivor the engine. Things have changed since Mr Jones only had to take Mrs Griffiths up the Rhonda.

Needs to learn: less is more.

Anyone who listened to him, will sleep soundly tonight.

What was his name, Gethan Rees-Horlicks?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s not as simple as being politics here, this government DO NOT negotiate, and they make dreadful policy decisions (see the 46 trains lying about collect dust all over the Southern network).

I agree with this. The government want to divide and rule at every opportunity. Lynch makes this a hell of a lot easier for them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From Jon Evans on Facebook. Jon is a railway worker, so might know a bit about the offer.

Warning - I've not bothered corroborating any of this, as that would break the 'leap first' rules that we follow here.

View attachment 149093

That was posted in this thread a couple of hours ago.

Lynch wasn’t correct on QT in talking about 12 years of austerity pay freezes, when it comes to the railways. Above inflation at 24%.

426D1B93-3E19-44AE-8277-A7F6965DA4BA.png

I’d be interested to know exactly comparable numbers for nurses, teachers and police constables. Genuinely don’t know.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I agree with this. The government want to divide and rule at every opportunity. Lynch makes this a hell of a lot easier for them.

So quite simply at this point what is going to change anything, there is no other option left than striking and grinding the country to a halt to stop this government. They will not listen. I’d like to hear your suggestion on what should be done other than striking, because all other avenues have been exhausted.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It’s the first time I have watched Qt for quite sometime. In fact, since about the time Bruce took over as presenter.

She hasn’t improved any, has she.
Mick Lynch did okay, if only Bruce would let him finish his answers.

I did turn it off just now, and I won’t be watching again any time soon, I do think that all participants should have a fair crack of the whip.

Yes, since Dimbleby left it’s gone down hill. He was a far better presenter and facilitator. It was already going downhill, that’s both the Editorial and Parties fault though. I’d love a new similar but different political flagship programme to be made. I’ve got a working title, going to pitch it to the BBC, it’s called Answer Time - where panellists are asked questions by an audience, and actually answer them. What yer reckon?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
That was posted in this thread a couple of hours ago.

Lynch wasn’t correct on QT in talking about 12 years of austerity pay freezes, when it comes to the railways. Above inflation at 24%.

View attachment 149094

I’d be interested to know exactly comparable numbers for nurses, teachers and police constables. Genuinely don’t know.

But why does it matter what Police etc get paid? These are private entities and we don’t compare eg Fork Lift Drivers with Formula One Drivers? Different skill sets, Labour pools, working conditions, Industries etc

Johnson and his Cabinet incompetents must love watching QT. Basic human jealousies doing their work for them. Good luck to the Unions, what was it someone once said about united we stand, divided you’ll fall? And you can tell them all… :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its floating around in other format, and been pointed out RMT are not mentioning the claims.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

View attachment 149093

That is pretty much spot on. New technology and stock is always coming in, it’s just a ruse to reduce pay, and make more profits.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, since Dimbleby left it’s gone down hill. He was a far better presenter and facilitator. It was already going downhill, that’s both the Editorial and Parties fault though. I’d love a new similar but different political flagship programme to be made. I’ve got a working title, going to pitch it to the BBC, it’s called Answer Time - where panellists are asked questions by an audience, and actually answer them. What yer reckon?

its been done, called Any Questions on Radio 4. some reason without the cameras everyone is more civilised and less theatrical.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Needs to learn: less is more.

Anyone who listened to him, will sleep soundly tonight.

What was his name, Gethan Rees-Horlicks?

Lol! Yes, he was only missing a leek in his breast pocket to complete his utterly boring personality. After his party political broadcast opinion I basically switched off.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
its been done, called Any Questions on Radio 4. some reason without the cameras everyone is more civilised and less theatrical.

Damn you! Back to drawing board. That was going to make millions.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It really isn't.

However, my point was more around the fact that, only on Sunday, there had to be mod intervention on the Tory Meltdown thread, which was temporarily at Bear Pit levels, with the highlight being you calling [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION] "Vegetable" for no apparent reason. I said not to do it on that thread, yet here you are doing it on another thread and lucky that it's only that technicality saving you from yet another infraction, something I'm sure you're acutely aware of.

And, yes, I've noticed [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] doing it with "GAP" and no doubt sniggering to himself at his cleverness.

Pack it in the pair of you. I assume you do want right of centre voices on these threads? If your case is strong enough you can do it without the name calling, one sentence ad hominem, shit stirring and deflections.

he called me "vegetable", but only cos subconsciencely he knows he's wrong

i'm starting to get over it now, though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But why does it matter what Police etc get paid? These are private entities and we don’t compare eg Fork Lift Drivers with Formula One Drivers? Different skill sets, Labour pools, working conditions, Industries etc

Johnson and his Cabinet incompetents must love watching QT. Basic human jealousies doing their work for them. Good luck to the Unions, what was it someone once said about united we stand, divided you’ll fall? And you can tell them all… :)

My point is that the drivers, guards and drivers assistants have fared well in a period where others haven’t I suspect.

Can’t think of a valid financial reason why RMT guards and drivers assistants should be striking just now.

I think this dispute is in part political, on both sides. Lynch often mentions other sectors, hoping it seems for a wider conflict.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here