Well that's put a smile back on my face

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
AFC Portsmouth should have been set up 2 or 3 seasons ago when there was the first near terminal admin bout and the fans walked away from the league club shambles and supported the phoenix club. If they had done it then they would be at least knocking on the Conf South door and only be 3 or 4 levels behind where they are now with no debt, next season they could well have been only one level behind the old Portsmouth if they keep going (AFCP in conference, PFC in League 2). Look at Chester who formed in 2010 and are already in Conference North or Halifax who were formed in 2008 and have spend a couple of seasons now in Conference North.

Instead when/if PFC go pop they will have lost another season faffing about and be 4 or 5 levels behind PFC(RIP) and instead of playing Crawley and Bournemouth as the local games it will be the likes of Whitehawk, Bognor and Horsham

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
AFC Portsmouth should have been set up 2 or 3 seasons ago when there was the first near terminal admin bout and the fans walked away from the league club shambles and supported the phoenix club. If they had done it then they would be at least knocking on the Conf South door and only be 3 or 4 levels behind where they are now with no debt, next season they could well have been only one level behind the old Portsmouth if they keep going (AFCP in conference, PFC in League 2).

Instead when/if PFC go pop they will have lost another season faffing about and be 4 or 5 levels behind PFC(RIP) and instead of playing Crawley and Bournemouth as the local games it will be the likes of Whitehawk, Bognor and Horsham

I fear that there will be an 11th hour "saviour"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only 3 subs out of 7 last night and one of them is 15, what a total shambles. Why are the FL allowing this to drag on ?

When we were in the shit all those years ago, we were made to post a £500,000 bond with the FL. This was, if I recall correctly, to show that we could fulfill our fixtures for the season. Has anything similar been done by PFC? If not, why not?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When we were in the shit all those years ago, we were made to post a £500,000 bond with the FL. This was, if I recall correctly, to show that we could fulfill our fixtures for the season. Has anything similar been done by PFC? If not, why not?

That was more to do with a guarantee that we'd be coming back to Brighton wasn't it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That was more to do with a guarantee that we'd be coming back to Brighton wasn't it?

You're probably right, I thought there was something about guaranteeing fixtures included as well. There should be something similar done to PFC based on today's economy-£1 Million sounds about right. Then let the FL award player contracts and issue wages from the bond money because the football club are clearly still unable to do so in a manner that isn't going to get them in even more debt.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
i'm amazed that even now many of their fans are blaming Birch the administrator.

It's amazing that he has kept the club going for so long. They just do not understand the implications of the anmount of debt they are in with various parties.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i'm amazed that even now many of their fans are blaming Birch the administrator.

It's amazing that he has kept the club going for so long. They just do not understand the implications of the anmount of debt they are in with various parties.

FIFTY EIGHT million pounds.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The live chat on portsmouth news at the moment is just bizarre!

Comment From sean
cant birch get mcleod walker howard dumbuya harley djilali on short term deals

Jordan (Pompey News) :
Yes he can

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I was feeling a bit down in the dumps this morning after the game last night, but this news has cheered me up no end.

Wicked, I know, but hey ho.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He clearly lives on another planet :

Comment From PompeyPete PompeyPete : ] I don't think the trialists are good enough for promotion. We need to be signing quality over quantity.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Comment From Perplexed Pompey Paul
There must be investers out there with enough funds. Pompey is such a great club they could turn this around we could be playing in Europe in a few years

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Does the word "deluded" fit?
It really does seem that these pompey fans don't understand the gravity of their situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here