Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Football needs Portsmouth FC to be liquidated-it might get the FA and FL's attention that the game is in trouble despite all of the money being thrown about.

How many PL teams are recording profits these days? Makes me wonder if trying to 'achieve the dream' just to swell a load of mercenary players' bank accounts is worth it? It's time for their obscene wages to come to an end.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When we were in the shit all those years ago, we were made to post a £500,000 bond with the FL. This was, if I recall correctly, to show that we could fulfill our fixtures for the season. Has anything similar been done by PFC? If not, why not?

Wasn't there something toward the end of last season where they were given an advance on some money to make sure they finished the season?

This one seems to be realistic:

Once again, a buyer has gone! Any buyers in waiting? The trust! There are no real buyers, our club is doomed, which is what many people think should happen. The Supporters Trust now need Mr Chainrai to agree to losing loads of money - good luck with that.
No saviour is coming, no hope, no team, no point. Football is not coming home!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
In a society like we have players will earn what people wish to pay them and to be honest most of them do not earn half as much as American sportsmen. You wouldn't complain if someone offered to pay you 4 x your current salary I guess. It just happens that Pompey chased the dream, cheated their way to FA Cup success and hopefully are just about to fall on their sword.

What irks most opposition fans is the way they Pompey fans feel hard done by!!!! and this is leading to a lot of fans wanting them to start from scratch. The EPL and FL need to get their house in order to ensure teams don't go the way of Pompey

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Football needs Portsmouth FC to be liquidated-it might get the FA and FL's attention that the game is in trouble despite all of the money being thrown about.

How many PL teams are recording profits these days? Makes me wonder if trying to 'achieve the dream' just to swell a load of mercenary players' bank accounts is worth it? It's time for their obscene wages to come to an end.

Indeed. It also makes me wonder just what that dream is

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable isn't it. I wonder what kind of stance they'd have taken had they been on the titanic?

-It's unfair. If the olympic hit an iceberg, I bet white star line would be out here already with a replacement ship for them.
-Yeah. I bet someone would be answering the sos calls for Britannic

We just need someone to come in and buy the boat from white star line, replace the side panels with some shiny aluminium, then we can beat the record for cross atlantic sails by next year.

If we just get rid of some of these lifeboats, helicopter in some more passengers, it'll give us the money we need to to fix the holes when we get to new york

If we just get rid of these lifeboats, then we can convince that iceberg to buy the boat and we'll be fine.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought it was a miracle that Pompey survived last time around. And I thought that some scapegoat may have ended up in jail. I think there might be a way out, but I don't think they will find it.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
What is the latest it can all be called off before the season starts? 5pm Friday? 2.45pm on Saturday with a (full) ground?
How will Bournemouth supporters go about getting a refund on tickets?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Whats the bottom line at the moment.

They obviously are playing a development squad now, most looked around 18-19 years of age v Plymouth last night and only three named subs, so say average £500 a week each - about £400,000 a year in players wages, another £200,000 for staff and running club. Could they raise this through TV money, gate reciepts and sales of goods, to complete the season or is this all owed to bad people still in ownership.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, basically, they won't get a refund!

I'm sort of joking, actually. I'm fairly sure, that if the Bournemouth fans have bought the tickets through their own club, then the clubs don't actually settle up until after the game. As such, Bournemouth would still have their money, and could refund them.

Alternatively, if they bought their tickets with a credit card, they could probably claim on that.

Herbie 53

Jul 27, 2007
http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-0 ... r-control/

The Pompey Supporters' Trust has released this statement after reports that Balram Chanrai is withdrawing his bid to take over Portsmouth Football Club:

"We have today been advised that Balram Chainrai and his company Portpin have withdrawn their offer to purchase Portsmouth Football Club for a third time, leaving the way clear for the Pompey Supporters Trust to be able to take control of our club.We call on Mr Chainrai to do the decent thing, and accept the PST offer to purchase his charge on the club, and therefore walk away from Pompey, regaining some of the money he has lost, and leaving the club in the hands of the people who will truly cherish it and ensure that it continues as both a business and a legacy for the future.SOS Pompey has campaigned for Mr Chainrai to finally leave Pompey, and we hope that this latest news could be the light at the end of the tunnel, which ultimately returns the club to the fans.Portsmouth FC is the lifeblood of the fans and the city, and we ask all supporters of the club, the people of Portsmouth and football as a whole, to support the work of the Pompey Supporters Trust, in their continued efforts to secure its future. Pledges are still wanted, and both these and donations can be made via http://www.pompeytrust.comSOS Pompey intend to hold a peaceful demonstration of our pride in our manager and players before this Saturday’s game against Bournemouth at 2.15pm at the gates of Fratton Park, and we ask all fans to join us in showing how much we appreciate the work of the manager and staff of our magnificent club.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Whats the bottom line at the moment.

They obviously are playing a development squad now, most looked around 18-19 years of age v Plymouth last night and only three named subs, so say average £500 a week each - about £400,000 a year in players wages, another £200,000 for staff and running club. Could they raise this through TV money, gate reciepts and sales of goods, to complete the season or is this all owed to bad people still in ownership.

Don't forget the current £58m they currently owe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here