Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I see Cummings created a NEW lie today - that he warned about the threat of a coronavirus in 2019.

He actually edited 2019 blog entries last month...

(Whole thread worth reading)

https://twitter.com/jwiechers/status/1264953956758884354?s=20

[tweet]1264953956758884354[/tweet]

Anyway, if he was so worried about pandemics, as the man s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ in command in No10, why didn't he do something to prepare the country?!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In February this year Caroline Flack prematurely ended her life, the reason was because she was hounded by the media, social and mainstream. She was targeted because of a row with her boyfriend Lewis Burton. Yes she allegedly hit him with a lamp, but Burton didn't undertake any further action. The storm that followed proved to be too much for Caroline .
Now we have a situation where a father panicked/made a bad decision, and is being subjected to the most horrible abuse by the media. Nobody can tell me that the mass scrum confronting him in front of his wife and child, or the setting up a large screen blasting out the news to his home with his wife and child is acceptable. I have to wonder how much damage has been done to the son of Dominic Cummings. But I suspect a large part of our society will not even give this a second thought.
For all of you that remember the death of Caroline Flack, remember the campaign afterwards.
BE NICE

The comparison to Caroline Flack is rubbish. She didn't make the rules and then think she was above them. She was hounded by the media awfully. Cummings is finally getting a bit of focus from the media. He is unelected and unaccountable. And if this was a Labour party advisor, he would be first in line to attack them.

Of course elements of the media have gone too far. They always do. But for once the Tories are getting a taste of it and they don't like it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Much like the uniform response the Tory MPs are sending out to complaining constituents.

It's called the party whip.

It looks crass - it makes the MPs (from both parties) look like muppets. They're supposed to be intelligent, independent thinkers, surely they could find their own words?

I also don't think the opposition parties meeting tomorrow to think of ways to put pressure on Johnson is a good idea, it's much more effective letting them get into a mess. Didn't Napoleon say to never interrupt when the enemy is making a false movement?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
EY45jnFXgAAzZuH

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Let's face it ... you know this shit stinks when the Daily Mail is going after someone they normally class as a good guy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm presuming his admission that he made mistakes are reports he was an original advocate of herd immunity / protect the economy until he saw the research that suggested many more would die.

His view apparently changed overnight and he has been a strong advocate of lock down ever since (even pushing the scientists), irrespective of his hypocritical personal actions.

After "winning" Brexit, he probably thought he could lend his hand to anything, you know Pandemics and all that shit.

Sounds to me like a man who knows he has utterly ****ed up early on and is trying to make the best of a bad job. After realising he had made such a mistake (he is effectively the Prime Ministers brain if not his mouth), he was in probably a very bad place when it all started coming home.

He has probably won this little battle, but long term (post inquiry) he knows his reputation is completely trashed.

Just a pseudo cut and paste "scientist" who really should stick to re-editing his blog.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
By saying everything it did was allowable under the Regulations and he did nothing illegal.

However

Went home to see his wife when he received a call saying she was ill. Possible Covid symptoms so entire household should isolate, but returned to work, thereby potentially spreading the virus and clearly against the Regulations.
Fearful of home safety, but lockdown just introduced so nobody would be out and about, and certainly going to protest outside his home, would not have been an essential journey, so the safety fears are clearly suspect to say the least.
If those concerns were genuine, why did he come back to London with his family without addressing those concerns
Wrote a paragraph or two in support of his wife's magazine piece supporting her story that they were both ill in bed in London
Drove to Barnard Castle, a non essential journey, but if he had dodgy eyesight then clearly a breach of the Road Traffic Act.

Probably the only truthful thing DC said in his press conference was that he had never considered resigning.

Excellent post.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Odd decision to blame the press yesterday. They are the people who can keep this story alive if they think it reflects the countries mood. When surely he just wants this to die down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
When he pulled out his glasses it was clear he was going to make a comment about his eyesight. Doubling down on that one ludicrous lie which most people picked up on and ridiculed.

To tell us all that it's "important to stick to the facts" while telling a massive lie is quite remarkable.

Surely even the most ardent Cummings/Johnson sympathiser must acknowledge that driving 30 miles is not the most logical eye test available?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The print media have a few more hours to work out how to say he's lying, without actually saying he's lying. And it's not exactly hard to spot the holes in the story is it!? They can keep this going easily if they choose. And at the individual level they will want to - no love lost for Cummings in those circles.

But no doubt the No.10 spin doctors and deal-makers will be on the phones to the journalist's bosses, and deals may be struck. So let's see how this pans out from here.

Whatever. It's a big chunk of credibility gone but there's four tough years ahead (or possibly not, who knows) before Johnson and his bosses need to worry about public opinion.

This is one tiny part of a much bigger, and longer, story.

Sun and the Times have been given, and met, their brief: Focus on shops opening, draw a line under the Cummings story.

Everyone with half a brain cell knows full well his story is a crock of sh*t. But we've had all the information we are going to get, and since we've accepted that brazen lying is what this government does now, 'key government advisor lies' is not a story. So I suspect it's done.

But not without some damage. People are unhappy about this. For lots of reasons. And a lot of the unhappy people are likely Tory voters.

It makes no difference in practice for now. They have their majority. They all knew that Cummings is in charge. That's just been made clearer than ever.

It carries on.

But loss of public confidence is cumulative. It doesn't happen with just one incident. Four years is a long time, and if the Government keeps being exposed for what it is, and keeps failing to understand and respond to a changed public mood (as I suspect they must, if they are to keep their masters happy) then it's going to get more and more difficult for them to keep people on their side, as the recession bites for the poor, the rich continue to prosper and they keep on lying and blustering in the face of reality. Even with the full weight of the Tory owned press behind them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To tell us all that it's "important to stick to the facts" while telling a massive lie is quite remarkable.

Surely even the most ardent Cummings/Johnson sympathiser must acknowledge that driving 30 miles is not the most logical eye test available?

What's funny is that they are spouting forth this nonsense to their most ardent sympathisers.
The rest of us understand the 'walks like a duck...' metaphor so we're all lost causes to them.

Just imagine being regarded as so unbelievably stupid and gullible, not to mention being patronised and treated with such disdain by these two jokers, swallowing it all, and still going into bat for them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What's funny is that they are spouting forth this nonsense to their most ardent sympathisers.
The rest of us understand the 'walks like a duck...' metaphor so we're all lost causes to them.

Just imagine being regarded as so unbelievably stupid and gullible, not to mention being patronised and treated with such disdain by these two jokers, swallowing it all, and still going into bat for them.

It seems NSC can only just about put a Cummings XI together, but if any withdraw then they'll struggle to put out a full side.

D

Deleted member 2719

No Bias there then.

Maybe they could have put:

. I made mistakes
. Perhaps I should not have driven
. I kept socially distanced at ALL times
. I am dad TRYING to do the BEST for my family

These are my last words on this thread because it is pretty obvious to me that, there are so many with NO humanity or just can't help being a sheep.

If anyone with any logic looked at it in how it actually was: Cummings put him and his family in a bubble and stayed in that bubble INFECTING NOBODY else for 14-15 days until he was TOLD he was SAFE to return to work.

He has NOT been a super spreader this is nothing but a sad HATE campaign to one of the KEY figures that looks after our country and this is how you repay them.

Maybe take a look at those people on the beaches, the press I have seen so many WORSE breeches of the rule and NONE have been brought to account.

Poor show of humanity from the left, in particular, makes me squirm when they pretend to be humane.

:flounce::flounce::flounce:

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
When asked directly what were the mistakes that have been made that Cummings was referring to. Johnson just blustered on for 5 minutes about nothing whatsoever. If he didn't know what Cummings was referring to, just say it. Instead he just waffled on. It is so engrained in them not to be honest even when it is ok to do so. They are completely predisposed to not answering questions. This government has lost all credibility for me. And I had been initially supportive of how they has approached the crisis. It now all just feels chaotic and becoming increasingly politicised when initially it felt refreshingly cooperative and transparent. Scorpion and the fox springs to mind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Are you saying that anyone who voted remain is not allowed an opinion on Cummings then? Yes, a lot of people hate Cummings for what he has done to this country. A lot of the divisions and anger has been caused by him. However, in this case, it is simply people have made massive sacrifices to stick by lockdown and he is allowed to ignore the rules and do what he wants

Not at all. Just challenging motivations but on this occasion Cummings clearly pulling the wool over people's eyes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. Just challenging motivations but on this occasion Cummings clearly pulling the wool over people's eyes.

With an awful lot of wool.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No Bias there then.

Maybe they could have put:

. I made mistakes
. Perhaps I should not have driven
. I kept socially distanced at ALL times
. I am dad TRYING to do the BEST for my family

These are my last words on this thread because it is pretty obvious to me that, there are so many with NO humanity or just can't help being a sheep.

If anyone with any logic looked at it in how it actually was: Cummings put him and his family in a bubble and stayed in that bubble INFECTING NOBODY else for 14-15 days until he was TOLD he was SAFE to return to work.

He has NOT been a super spreader this is nothing but a sad HATE campaign to one of the KEY figures that looks after our country and this is how you repay them.

Maybe take a look at those people on the beaches, the press I have seen so many WORSE breeches of the rule and NONE have been brought to account.

Poor show of humanity from the left, in particular, makes me squirm when they pretend to be humane.

:flounce::flounce::flounce:

So why is his story completely different to his wife's published story then?

Let's face it, you've no legs to stand on. And you think everyone else is the sheep.

Baaa baaa Mouldy, Baaa baaa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here