Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It would be interesting to see how the rest of the world view this.

Embarrassing to say the least.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...boss-world-press-pours-scorn-on-boris-johnson

"Italy’s Corriere della Sera agreed, saying there was “one politically untouchable man in London, and it is not the prime minister”. Johnson has “enveloped himself in unsustainable contradictions just to shield his adviser”, the paper said, but “clearly he doesn’t have the power to get rid of Cummings”."

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So going to see his mother when infected is a sensible thing to do.

So can I assume that the families of all those that have died could have done the same thing? No they couldn’t but good old Dominic can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they could; but, if caught, they would have to suffer the consequences...

oh, i see y'point

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...boss-world-press-pours-scorn-on-boris-johnson

"Italy’s Corriere della Sera agreed, saying there was “one politically untouchable man in London, and it is not the prime minister”. Johnson has “enveloped himself in unsustainable contradictions just to shield his adviser”, the paper said, but “clearly he doesn’t have the power to get rid of Cummings”."

So, not only is he losing power here, he's being seen as weak abroad?

Looking good for the future then eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, not only is he losing power here, he's being seen as weak abroad?
Not very Churchillian.

Still I'm sure the Greatest Orator of our Generation will turn it around.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As the father of a child with Autism I beg to differ on your last statement.

I take your point.

And I have no doubt Dominic Cummings was in a difficult position but even so, he and his family’s Confirmed movements in that period are not acceptable. He put others at risk and ignored The lockdown rules that others followed. That’s before you get to the castle visit, and whatever else the media dig up.

Also - I hope lockdown hasn’t been too bad for you and your child.

Last edited:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The press are camped on his doorstep (social distancing be damned) and bombard him with questions when he comes out to empty the bin, so there’s definitely a need for it. I’m sure it’s not about ego. I doubt he’s looking forward to it.

If the press don’t want it, they don’t have to cover it.

Then why doesnt he just answer all the questions when he goes to empty the bin?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1264826944258015234[/tweet]

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The press are camped on his doorstep (social distancing be damned) and bombard him with questions when he comes out to empty the bin, so there’s definitely a need for it. I’m sure it’s not about ego. I doubt he’s looking forward to it.

If the press don’t want it, they don’t have to cover it.

If the PM had answered those questions yesterday, this could have been put to bed.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If the PM had answered those questions yesterday, this could have been put to bed.

Yeah but he couldn't could he in the same way I'll be very surprised if Cummings answers them today. Johnson is merely reverting to type whereas Cummings is just a die in the wool

IMG_1327.JPG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here