• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apologies if it's already been posted but is there a petition to get Cummings sacked ? Only needs 100k people to sign for it to be discussed in parliament.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I'm by no means defending him I'm simply concerned at the level of hysteria and politically motivated/media vitriol aimed at this man and indirectly his innocent family, no one deserves that, its nasty and unnecessary.

Good luck with that card. Cummings has exploited the media to wage far more personal attacks in the past. If you live by the sword etc.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
How about the the irony of the outraged media, advocating their reporters behaving like this, I don’t expect anything more of the press don’t you worry but during a pandemic and given this outrage is caused by someone breaking lockdown rules, the biggest irony is if any one of these reporters has asymptomatic coronavirus half those there could now also have it.

Absolute hypocrisy from the media, as usual. In my opinion they have absolutely disgraced themselves throughout this whole pandemic.

In what way have they disgraced themselves? Do you mean that some have dared to question the government's handling of the situation?

Yes, they shouldn't be breaking lockdown rules but when Cummings does it and Johnson allows him to get away with it, why shouldn't they (from their perspective)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The sheer histrionics over this story is all or nearly all about Remainiacs pouncing on the first slip up by the man who orchestrated Brexit to crucify him.

Yes it’s lovely isn’t it ?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Just saying that I’m suspicious of the motivations in an increasingly dogmatic, polarised world. Decisions need to be fact based. My motivations are DC is a disruptive, arrogant f***w*t and wouldn’t shed a tear to see the back of him.

I think you’ll find those that the right wing press realise that 90% or their readership are going to be outraged and so they have no choice.

It makes strange bedfellows. Piers moron is an absolute scumbag (phone hacking and fake stories that put our serviceman’s life’s at risk) yet I find myself in agreement with him. A very unpleasant experience.

Labour have got their tactics right. A comment here and there and let the rest of the country rip the government a new one. You can guarantee if corbyn and his lapdog were on this, they’d make such a noise that the press would turn on them! Strange bedfellows indeed. Boris must be shitting himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just saying that I’m suspicious of the motivations in an increasingly dogmatic, polarised world. Decisions need to be fact based. My motivations are DC is a disruptive, arrogant f***w*t and wouldn’t shed a tear to see the back of him.

Are you saying that anyone who voted remain is not allowed an opinion on Cummings then? Yes, a lot of people hate Cummings for what he has done to this country. A lot of the divisions and anger has been caused by him. However, in this case, it is simply people have made massive sacrifices to stick by lockdown and he is allowed to ignore the rules and do what he wants

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I'm by no means defending him I'm simply concerned at the level of hysteria and politically motivated/media vitriol aimed at this man and indirectly his innocent family, no one deserves that, its nasty and unnecessary.

Good luck with that card. Cummings has exploited the media to wage far more personal attacks in the past. If you live by the sword etc.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How about the the irony of the outraged media, advocating their reporters behaving like this, I don’t expect anything more of the press don’t you worry but during a pandemic and given this outrage is caused by someone breaking lockdown rules, the biggest irony is if any one of these reporters has asymptomatic coronavirus half those there could now also have it.

Absolute hypocrisy from the media, as usual. In my opinion they have absolutely disgraced themselves throughout this whole pandemic.

Lol it’s the same media everyone’s been moaning at for the last so many weeks over asking inane questions...now they are seen as doing a cracking job

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Cummings' downfall would be a very good thing for democracy in the UK. This is not about whether he is left or right, or Brexit or Remain, it is about his willingness to trash the rules of the game, and with that, any possibility that a government can be held to account by a sense of shared morality.

This. This and this again.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It isn't an issue most people give a crap about to be force fed it at every news bulletin and frankly there are more important things to worry about. This is a political story being promoted for political means, end of.

Someone else who has misjudged the public mood.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely 100% certain yes. There never has been a specific offence of just being outside and travelling.

The regulations are clear that had Cummings been stopped by police en route to Durham, officers could have directed him to return to London and fined him. The wording of the regulations says police only need to “consider” (ie believe) that someone had left home without a reasonable excuse in order to send them back.

In this country you don't get fined if you don't break the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here