Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This ****s me off massively.

I wasn't able to see my grandad who died alone of corona virus and his funeral is on Tue and i have to watch via a video call and this self entitled sh1t can drive across the country to see his parents. People all over have been suffering, not seeing elderly relatives, not being able to attend funerals... surely even the staunchest of tories voters can't condone this.

Then the government all come out defending him and say it is all ok. "Any parent would do the same"... So are you saying he is a better than the rest of us? what the **** have we become. Surely there is one decent person in the cabinet who will speak out against this behaviour? Surely.

There is no way Cummings will resign or get sacked... Seeing everyone come out to protect him simply highlights what most of us suspected all along... He is the puppet master.
Very sorry to read of your loss.

My partner lost his Dad five weeks ago, his family live in Derbyshire and we live in Northumberland.

We stayed at home, to keep ourselves safe and to remove any risk of our either contracting it and/or passing it on.

The upshot of all that was that my partner still has not been able to see his sister or his mum in person since his Dad's passing, and he had to watch the funeral on a live stream.

To have watched him and supported him through all that, only to read the news about Cummings this morning sickened me. I still believe we did the right thing, but it's yet another example of "do as we say, not as we do".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
New witnesses cast doubt on Dominic Cummings's lockdown claims

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...t-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?

IF these claims are verified then he has to go, no more excuses.

"The new accounts also raise fresh questions about his insistence that the initial 264-mile trip to Durham was justified.

The two new witnesses were revealed in a joint investigation by the Guardian/Observer and the Sunday Mirror.

One saw him in Durham on 19 April, days after Cummings was photographed in London having recovered from the virus.

A week earlier Cummings was seen by another witness in Barnard Castle on Easter Day, 30 miles away from Durham, the investigation found. The town, which takes its name from the English Heritage site at its centre, is a popular destination for days out.
"

The Guardian knew they had this. But they've let half the Cabinet nail their colours to the mast of a ship they knew they could sink.It's brilliantly played.

Although I can't wait to see half the Government justifying a spot of lockdown-sightseeing as being somehow acceptable.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting Piers Morgan says if Cummings doesn't go he will visit his parents for first time in 12 weeks.

A lot of people will be thinking of doing exactly the same this weekend

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If you’ve got kids there’s nothing you can’t do now under this lockdown.

Just say it’s a care issue - both unwell have to let the grandparents look after them.

Police won’t be able to do anything

My post was only a joke. Can't really see any of my neighbours handing over their kids

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure what the issue is with getting rid of him, frankly.

Do it now, do it quickly, and then he can be brought back in a year or so when he can claim to have learned his lesson.

I'm sure creative ways can be found for Cummings to still advise from afar (even Durham), if they really can't function without him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And most journalists and half of Twitter. It dominates today's briefing.

I'm sorry his reason is far from reasonable.

Let's break it down.

His wife only had symptoms at the time.

If his statement is correct he only assumed he would get the virus.

He has then taken a very long journey in a small enclosed space where he has massively increased the likelihood of his wife transmitting the virus to himself and the child.

Under such circumstances it would then be incredibly stupid to then place the child in the care of his elderly parents.

If (as he claims) he didn't, then the outcome of the trip appears to be only that his sister could drop off the shopping.

This man is one of the most important people in Government with an extensive and expensive support network around him.

No-one was in danger at that point and help would have been a phone call away.

What's equally as bad is the premeditated cover up. A number 10 spokesman told the press he was at home in London and his wife wrote an article clearly suggesting they were.

I'm sure more will come out tomorrow from the people who saw him there. What did they see and why did they ring the police ?

He couldn't have been doing a very good job of staying inside....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

He was also seen in Barnard Castle, with his wife and child, walking along the River Tees, 30 miles away from Durham. The couple who spoke to them have spoken to the press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/polit...ckdown-22075857.amp?__twitter_impression=true

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting Piers Morgan says if Cummings doesn't go he will visit his parents for first time in 12 weeks.

A lot of people will be thinking of doing exactly the same this weekend

There's plenty of other people I'd rather see before I visit Piers' parents.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He was also seen in Barnard Castle, with his wife and child, walking along the River Tees, 30 miles away from Durham. The couple who spoke to them have spoken to the press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/polit...ckdown-22075857.amp?__twitter_impression=true

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...=Share_iOSApp_Other&__twitter_impression=true

Who are you going to believe, an eyewitness or the entire Government cabinet who will no doubt now be tweeting the same statement saying it wasn't Cummings.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
now that you've told miss, what do you want to happen next?

Bit of banter is one thing, libellous remarks are another.
I would imagine nothing will happen, there seems to be an agenda among some on certain threads, as I said, I’m all for a bit of a nobble.
Debate is one thing, slandering someone because they have the cheek to vote to leave the EU is quite another.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I would imagine nothing will happen, there seems to be an agenda among some on certain threads, as I said, I’m all for a bit of a nobble.
Debate is one thing, slandering someone because they have the cheek to vote to leave the EU is quite another.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Very sorry to read of your loss.

My partner lost his Dad five weeks ago, his family live in Derbyshire and we live in Northumberland.

We stayed at home, to keep ourselves safe and to remove any risk of our either contracting it and/or passing it on.

The upshot of all that was that my partner still has not been able to see his sister or his mum in person since his Dad's passing, and he had to watch the funeral on a live stream.

To have watched him and supported him through all that, only to read the news about Cummings this morning sickened me. I still believe we did the right thing, but it's yet another example of "do as we say, not as we do".

Awful. I am sorry for both your loss. It is such hypocrisy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who are you going to believe, an eyewitness or the entire Government cabinet who will no doubt now be tweeting the same statement saying it wasn't Cummings.

Not forgetting he was seen in London in between times so therefore allegedly making two trips.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

it's not that ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here