• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No-ones screaming for a policeman apparently, they are all just having a cheeky laugh at other posters. More likely they are devastated all the avocados have sold out at Waitrose and Karen put a dent in the X5 this morning trying to park.

Crikey, that's a bitter little post ??? :shrug:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But there's the point, millions felt that they couldn't do this, millions felt that they couldn't see ill or dying relatives - The implication of what Cummings, Johnson et al are saying, and to a lesser extent yourself, is that Cummings did the right thing, so everyone else is a bad parent/son/daughter/sibling etc. The understanding of the vast majority was that they simply could not take the action that Cummings did, that's why so many are so angry.

Yes, of course you're right - you've nailed it. The trouble is that this thread has been invaded by a few who don't understand what the issues are. They're more at home slugging insults back at some of the more bitter remainers on the Brexit thread. On here, they are unable to grasp the concept of cross-party agreement, so their posts become increasingly pointless.

As on the Brexit thread, the ignore button is probably the most appropriate response.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All about to kick off between India and China and still Cummings is the main topic in here. ???

On a Cummings thread? Who knew? ???

I'll pop along to your 'India vs China' thread later. I hope you've made it a cracker!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think one of the reasons some people don’t want to believe Cummings has lied here is because this is the man that got Brexit through. They’re thinking if he’s prepared to lie about this, what lies has he told them about Brexit.......

They’re right to be scared.
I want to know if there is any mention of Cummings in the suppressed Russian Interference report.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
On a Cummings thread? Who knew? ???

I'll pop along to your 'India vs China' thread later. I hope you've made it a cracker!

Whatever. Shamefully I don’t spend a lot of time on here as my post count will verify. When I do it just seems to be the same posters tugging each other off. My point was that there other, more concerning things happening in the world other than Cummings drive to Durham. Don’t like the guy, but why keep on flogging a dead horse. Apologies if you consider my post irrelevant.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He won’t go however the contempt him and the senior members of the cabinet have shown to the public will leave a bad taste for a long time to come. However with no credible opposition and a large parliamentary majority these liars and chancers know they can pretty much do what they want for the next four years.

I cannot recall a time when we had such poor government and even weaker opposition it’s a very depressing situation this country has found itself in.

You got no thumbs up, not even from Droopy, because while you were out, Corbyn was replaced by a breath of fresh air.

Look it up. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whatever. Shamefully I don’t spend a lot of time on here as my post count will verify. When I do it just seems to be the same posters tugging each other off. My point was that there other, more concerning things happening in the world other than Cummings drive to Durham. Don’t like the guy, but why keep on flogging a dead horse. Apologies if you consider my post irrelevant.

Sorry, I was a bit rude.

There is a multiplicity of conversations all over the place about all sorts of things from Trump to world's hardest animal. It's what we do. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You got no thumbs up, not even from Droopy, because while you were out, Corbyn was replaced by a breath of fresh air.

Look it up. :shrug:

Bit early to be hailing Starmer as the answer although boy do we need him to be. He also has a mammoth task assembling a team around him that could credibly challenge for power.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

its not the drive to Durham though is it. Its the utter contempt and the lies that are the issue and why this cannot be allowed to just fizzle away. They make Tony Blair's WMD stuff almost honest.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think one of the reasons some people don’t want to believe Cummings has lied here is because this is the man that got Brexit through. They’re thinking if he’s prepared to lie about this, what lies has he told them about Brexit.......

They’re right to be scared.

Yep, they were gas lit I'm afraid. I still view them as victims. It takes a strong person to admit they were conned, some are finally waking up and deserve credit

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It’s one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) political scandals of the whole coronavirus situation, with many after effects and unanswered questions. I think you’re being a little naive in how quickly you are hoping it will blow over...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True. Also technically not illegal, although certainly reprehensible - as has been Cummings' behaviour. Unlike slimeball Cummings though, he resigned! (and later became a very worthy citizen, who worked for, and deserved, his CBE).

Cummings was, of course, charged with contempt of parliament, for refusing to attend the CMS Parliamentary Select Committee. He was no doubt also behind the government's decision to prorogue parliament, which was subsequently overturned and deemed unlawful by the Supreme Court. And, yet, in the interim period, the government he advises has gained a substantial majority.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It’s one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) political scandals of the whole coronavirus situation, with many after effects and unanswered questions. I think you’re being a little naive in how quickly you are hoping it will blow over...

Seriously, that wasn’t my point. I don’t read the mainstream media because it is so politically biased to whoever that media outlet supports, so, in my opinion isn’t balanced. I get my news, to my shame? from Al Jazeera, who seem to me to report an unbiased news feed. The fact that two nuclear powers like China and India are involved in some serious willy waving, and Trump, of all people, has offered to be a mediator, will cause me to lose more sleep tonight than Cummings drive to Durham. The Cummings issue isn’t something that could, ultimately, result in a devastating conflict affecting th whole world. That was my point. As HWT pointed out, perhaps I should have voiced my opinions on a new thread. Apologies again if the majority think that this is the case.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yep, they were gas lit I'm afraid. I still view them as victims. It takes a strong person to admit they were conned, some are finally waking up and deserve credit

It's a shame isn't it. They're weak and thick, but they can't see it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
But there's the point, millions felt that they couldn't do this, millions felt that they couldn't see ill or dying relatives - The implication of what Cummings, Johnson et al are saying, and to a lesser extent yourself, is that Cummings did the right thing, so everyone else is a bad parent/son/daughter/sibling etc. The understanding of the vast majority was that they simply could not take the action that Cummings did, that's why so many are so angry.

And a little miffed, that having been caught out he's got the PM endorsing the Jackanory explanation. Johnson doesn't care. Its a bit of a laugh, he knows its made up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seriously, that wasn’t my point. I don’t read the mainstream media because it is so politically biased to whoever that media outlet supports, so, in my opinion isn’t balanced. I get my news, to my shame? from Al Jazeera, who seem to me to report an unbiased news feed. The fact that two nuclear powers like China and India are involved in some serious willy waving, and Trump, of all people, has offered to be a mediator, will cause me to lose more sleep tonight than Cummings drive to Durham. The Cummings issue isn’t something that could, ultimately, result in a devastating conflict affecting th whole world. That was my point. As HWT pointed out, perhaps I should have voiced my opinions on a new thread. Apologies again if the majority think that this is the case.

You're OK, mate.

I think I'd better follow up on your other news....albeit I'd be surprised if India decide to take on China, though. They can't even deal with a Pakistani racing pigeon :facepalm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52820119

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here