Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Capello be the most disliked England manager ever?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Following this WC & FC's handling of not only Beckham, but his general lack of nouse when selecting players, do you think that due to his astronomic wages & lack of real success & mismanagement of his squad he will become the most disliked England manager ever?
I ask this because I am beginning to feel he is not very good at all & with the talent at his disposal especially the younger players he isn't up to the task. The resources he has available & his aloofness are not making him very many friends.
What are your thoughts?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Erm simply No.

Some people need some perspective, McClaren didn't qualify and neither did we under Taylor in '94.
The press would like you to believe he is hated but many people I have spoken to (and read on here) don't have that view

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As someone on here said :

Better value than Jonathan Ross.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From my memory Graham Taylor was far more disliked than both Cappello and McClaren during his time in charge.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I am beginning to feel he is not very good at all & with the talent at his disposal especially the younger players he isn't up to the task. The resources he has available & his aloofness are not making him very many friends.

Er... what does this mean? The youngsters are brilliant, of course we should win something?!

While the English debated Walcott's World Cup exclusion, Brazil left out Ronaldinho!

We have f***-all strength in depth compared with the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Spain. And our young players aren't developing at the same rate as Germany etc.

The manager won't make any difference to this. Put your flag away and lower your expectations.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The response seems to answer my question. No he won't be.
However I still feel he isn't getting the best from the players at his disposal. I would have liked to see more adventure in his selection from the Hungary game but then again I suppose if he had gambled & lost that game he really would have problems. I do think we have the players to get to a final such as Euro 2012 & the youngsters are the way forward.

Oh my expectations are not too high either, look at Germanys achievements with their youngsters

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
However I still feel he isn't getting the best from the players at his disposal. I would have liked to see more adventure in his selection from the Hungary game but then again I suppose if he had gambled & lost that game he really would have problems. I do think we have the players to get to a final such as Euro 2012 & the youngsters are the way forward.

Our team and chances are half/quarter that of Italy, Spain, France & Germany. Just look at A) the size of those countries, B) the amount of players they are producing and C) the amount of coaches per group of player and let the maths do the talking.

Just being the country in which football originated is not good enough. Lower your expectations, because your and others' hyped views of this new wave of youth will just damage the team again.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No, I love him for seeing the light and picking Zamora!

This.

but no , McClaren is Englands biggest cock up in recent years - but even he had the right idea , if you aren't doing it for your club you don't deserve to play for your country - and if you don't want to play don't expect us to come begging you too

we have some fantastic players in this country , that maybe not the best world class players you've ever seen , but at least will give a shit for the three lions.

it's not Fabios fault for this (much) just the media mostly for insisting he picks such and such a player.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Oh dear. Are we just a bit THICK in this country or is it specific to the football fans?

For the morons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Capello

Honours
As a coach

Milan
Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
European Super Cup (1): 1994
Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984-85

Roma
Serie A (1): 2000–01
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001

Juventus
Serie A (1): 2004–05 (revoked)

Real Madrid
La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

Maybe, just MAYBE, it has something to do with the players?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We have f***-all strength in depth compared with the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Spain. And our young players aren't developing at the same rate as Germany etc.

The manager won't make any difference to this. Put your flag away and lower your expectations.

Agree 100%.

The Press are running one of their campaigns. After all, newpaper sales are plumetting.

Lets turn Capello into a hate figure just like...McLaren, Sven, Hoddle, Taylor....
The evil Capello snubs Little England's No.1 Celebrity!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
England on Wednesday set a record of ten consecutive wins at Wembley, which goes to show what a bunch of retards many hacks in the press and fans are.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Oh my expectations are not too high either, look at Germanys achievements with their youngsters

How many failures on the international stage under different managers does it take for people to realise that good players do not necessarily make good teams. The players have constantly failed but yet it is still the manger who has take the majority of the blame.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
His popularity has taken a big knock, there's no doubt about that because a lot of people (despite claiming not to be) are influenced by the written press. And he has made some mistakes, let's be fair, as well as being unable to communicate his message properly.

But the fact that Gibbs/Wilshere, or many dozens like them aren't playing regularly in the Premier League isn't his fault, and it is the relatively small pool of talent available playing every week for the big clubs that is harming us.

He may or not be the most disliked by the end, but he is a very long way from being the worst.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Following this WC & FC's handling of not only Beckham, but his general lack of nouse when selecting players, do you think that due to his astronomic wages & lack of real success & mismanagement of his squad he will become the most disliked England manager ever?
I ask this because I am beginning to feel he is not very good at all & with the talent at his disposal especially the younger players he isn't up to the task. The resources he has available & his aloofness are not making him very many friends.
What are your thoughts?
No, he will not be the most disliked England manager ever, not by a long chalk. Some of the things that people are criticising him for now, his man-management and his aloofness, are the very qualities that people were praising when he took over from McClaren! It's a pathetic debate really. We could easily do a lot worse whereas we'd be hard-pressed to do better. How many managers are we going to sack before the penny finally drops?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a ridiculous suggestion. NO of course not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here