Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am sure they would be sore losers...

Beyond wanting Albion to achieve the best points score possible by winning against them, my attitude to Leeds United has been influenced by the appalling behaviour of some fans and local pundits over the Ben White transfer saga; their sense of superiority and entitlement really made me angry even though I know it was just a graceless minority.

Hmmmm

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The dream scenario for Sunday would be for Leeds United to take the lead early in the first half giving the fans a chink of hope...
The Leeds faithful get behind their team with gusto and go into the break 1-0 up, all the talk is of survival as Tottenham are in front against Burney and Brentford are holding Everton at Goodison Park 0-0....

The second half begins and Brighton get an early corner, Big Dunk comes up and nods in the equaliser, the place falls silent for several minutes in shock. The Leeds crowd suddenly realise they must get behind the team, and that they do with much singing, swearing & gesticulating. The Leeds team respond and push back Brighton into our own half for the rest of the second half, missing chance after chance, try as much as they can even the crowd can not suck the ball into the back of the net.

On the 94 minute with just one minute of extra time to play, Leeds lose possession on what seems like the final promising attack, Lampty intercepts a pass and takes off heading for goal with just the goal keeper to beat, who brings him down in the area.
Pascal steps up to take the penalty, the ground is a cacophony of Booooos, followed quickly by wild cheers of happiness as Pascal hits the post, only to fall silent apart from several thousand Albion fans who go wild as Maupay tucks away the rebound.

The announcer then proceeds to read out the other full time scores Tottenham 1 Burnley 2 and Everton 1 Brentford 0 fall on deaf ears as sad, bitter Yorkshire folk leaving the ground in droves to wait in ally ways to exact revenge on the good folk of Sussex.

Well, that is my preferred scenario

Burnley play at midday so the result will be known when we kick off.

The rest of it sounds good though !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Burnley play at midday so the result will be known when we kick off.

The rest of it sounds good though !

Sadly the Everton game doesn't kick off until after our game has finished. Ruins it really.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This will be really tough. Fans and players will be bang upon for it. Be amazed if we come away from anything even with our form. The positive is they need a result, if they don’t score quickly we will get space and chances.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This will be really tough. Fans and players will be bang upon for it. Be amazed if we come away from anything even with our form. The positive is they need a result, if they don’t score quickly we will get space and chances.

I think fans over estimate the up-for-it effect and its ability to overcome a superior opposition. Besides, we've been safe since our Spurs win so have been playing without motivation of relegation jeopardy, but it hasn't stopped us from playing our best football of the season over the past couple of games.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
8f045b5f916f0d0a5a089b176ec35099.jpg

Not a great time to play the Albion.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Can you just imagine how incredulous the fans of one the world’s most historic, famous and important football clubs would feel about relegation to the CHAMPIONSHIP? Doesn’t bear thinking about. There would have to be a public enquiry.

What's an enquiry? Inquiring minds want to know.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think fans over estimate the up-for-it effect and its ability to overcome a superior opposition. Besides, we've been safe since our Spurs win so have been playing without motivation of relegation jeopardy, but it hasn't stopped us from playing our best football of the season over the past couple of games.

What I've been seriously impressed with is how motivated we've appeared to be to finish as high up the league and as strongly as possible.

I agree: the pressure's massively on them, as it has been last few games for them in which they fell apart pretty quickly - both football wise and discipline wise (albeit against teams up the top, but they were dire v Chelsea and shocking first half v arsenal)

Intriguing game... looking forward to it!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yep, agreed. And they really are an inferior side to us, their squad is seriously stretched and the starting 11 is weak.

And we’re the worst team to play against for a side hyped up emotionally as with the unflappable manager we’ve got, we don’t get caught up in the occassion. We just play our own game, whoever and wherever it is.

I’ve got a good feeling about this game, it could be very enjoyable.

Banana9989

Sep 20, 2020
Not sure you can relegate them. But Neal loves beating Leeds, so please make sure he gets an opportunity

Us Brentford boy can't wait to deliver the coup de grace on the final day

Cheers all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We're loose :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here