Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Naylor showing on twitter once again that he doesn't seem to know that much about football - suggesting most thought that Leeds and Brighton would be in opposite situations this season.

Bielsa sides are LEGENDARY for burning out after 2-3 seasons - Leeds struggling this year was fully expected by anyone paying attention.

Naylor also knows our 16th finish last season was frankly ludicrous given how we played in most games. About 12th would've been accurate.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't think Brighton will relegate Leeds just because I can't see Burnley getting any more points this season. I guess we can help make sure it'll be a final day of the season battle between Leeds and Burnley as to who goes down though. Could be a bit of excitement - Leeds knowing even a win might not see them safe on GD, Burnley knowing they'll have to win just in case Leeds do, Everton (unlikely probably) needing a win against Arsenal just in case miracles happen for Leeds and Burnley.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We’re arguably playing the best we ever have. After the last two games we should be BRISTLING with confidence and hubris. Leeds have imploded. The historical record over the last 15 games between us reads Leeds W 2, 3 draws and 12 Brighton wins. The majority of the footballing world wants us to do it and send them back with their tails firmly between their legs…

I think we all know what the result will be in time honoured Albion fashion. 2-0 Leeds.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't think Brighton will relegate Leeds just because I can't see Burnley getting any more points this season. I guess we can help make sure it'll be a final day of the season battle between Leeds and Burnley as to who goes down though. Could be a bit of excitement - Leeds knowing even a win might not see them safe on GD, Burnley knowing they'll have to win just in case Leeds do, Everton (unlikely probably) needing a win against Arsenal just in case miracles happen for Leeds and Burnley.

Technically, Leeds can't be relegated at the end of our game with them on Saturday. Everton don't play until 4:30, so Leeds will remain at the worst two points behind them, win, lose or draw at 2:30. A Burnley win against Spurs in the 12:30 kick off would effectively mean that Leeds would need at least a point against us to have a chance of catching them given the unrealistic chances of them catching up the goal difference.

I took a glance at their forum to see what they are saying about Saturday. Nothing so far, but even a thread about who they might fancy only took a few posts before it became a primal howl about how much they miss Bielsa. They are broken. Given how bumptious they were over BW, I thought that I would find it funny, but it seems just a bit too pathetic to mock without feeling sadistic:

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=43248

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Technically, Leeds can't be relegated at the end of our game with them on Saturday. Everton don't play until 4:30, so Leeds will remain at the worst two points behind them, win, lose or draw at 2:30. A Burnley win against Spurs in the 12:30 kick off would effectively mean that Leeds would need at least a point against us to have a chance of catching them given the unrealistic chances of them catching up the goal difference.

I took a glance at their forum to see what they are saying about Saturday. Nothing so far, but even a thread about who they might fancy only took a few posts before it became a primal howl about how much they miss Bielsa. They are broken. Given how bumptious they were over BW, I thought that I would find it funny, but it seems just a bit too pathetic to mock without feeling sadistic:

Burnley win on Sunday, then we win on Sunday, they're gone.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My worry after the Leeds Chelsea game is a serious injury to one of our players. That was a reckless challenge for the red card and 0:2 down may see some tempers boiling over from both players and crowd.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Of course. My mistake forgetting that the FA Cup final doesn't happen at 3 o'clock on the first Saturday after the end of the the league season. Where's that King for a Day thread? World peace is just going to have to wait...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Of course. My mistake forgetting that the FA Cup final doesn't happen at 3 o'clock on the first Saturday after the end of the the league season. Where's that King for a Day thread? World peace is just going to have to wait...

It's all relative.....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

But they still won't officially be relegated, as both Burnley and Leeds could still finish on 37 points in that scenario. Yes, Leeds would be "as good as" down due to a huge gd deficit, but they still won't have an "R" next to their name in the table on Sunday evening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Stop being soft; it's chuffing hilarious!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'd be obliged if you would win on sunday, because I doubt our chances of winning at Spurs. Especially if both Mee and Tarkowski are injured.

I think Leeds' defence is perfectly set up for Brighton to walk through them, so please take advantage!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More interested that a win guarantees us our best EVER finish.

Leeds relegation is just cake icing and no doubt they would be VERY sore losers if a #TeamLikeBrighton sent them down.

:albion2:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But they still won't officially be relegated, as both Burnley and Leeds could still finish on 37 points in that scenario. Yes, Leeds would be "as good as" down due to a huge gd deficit, but they still won't have an "R" next to their name in the table on Sunday evening.

My error applied to all of the games. Everton's game is on Sunday too, so results from the earlier games won't relegate Leeds. By 4:30 if they have lost, they will still be only two points behind Everton with one to play, so could catch them if Everton fail to get something from their last three. Ideally, Everton fail to beat Brentford and still have everything to play for against Palace on Thursday.

If we outdo Palace's points return from Sunday's matches and Everton them beat them, we'll be going into the last day with Palace unable to catch us and a choice of Burnley or Leeds relegated? Do I want cake with ice cream, or ice cream with cake?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
More interested that a win guarantees us our best EVER finish.

Leeds relegation is just cake icing and no doubt they would be VERY sore losers if a #TeamLikeBrighton sent them down.

:albion2:

I am sure they would be sore losers...

Beyond wanting Albion to achieve the best points score possible by winning against them, my attitude to Leeds United has been influenced by the appalling behaviour of some fans and local pundits over the Ben White transfer saga; their sense of superiority and entitlement really made me angry even though I know it was just a graceless minority.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The dream scenario for Sunday would be for Leeds United to take the lead early in the first half giving the fans a chink of hope...
The Leeds faithful get behind their team with gusto and go into the break 1-0 up, all the talk is of survival as Tottenham are in front against Burney and Brentford are holding Everton at Goodison Park 0-0....

The second half begins and Brighton get an early corner, Big Dunk comes up and nods in the equaliser, the place falls silent for several minutes in shock. The Leeds crowd suddenly realise they must get behind the team, and that they do with much singing, swearing & gesticulating. The Leeds team respond and push back Brighton into our own half for the rest of the second half, missing chance after chance, try as much as they can even the crowd can not suck the ball into the back of the net.

On the 94 minute with just one minute of extra time to play, Leeds lose possession on what seems like the final promising attack, Lampty intercepts a pass and takes off heading for goal with just the goal keeper to beat, who brings him down in the area.
Pascal steps up to take the penalty, the ground is a cacophony of Booooos, followed quickly by wild cheers of happiness as Pascal hits the post, only to fall silent apart from several thousand Albion fans who go wild as Maupay tucks away the rebound.

The announcer then proceeds to read out the other full time scores Tottenham 1 Burnley 2 and Everton 1 Brentford 0 fall on deaf ears as sad, bitter Yorkshire folk leaving the ground in droves to wait in ally ways to exact revenge on the good folk of Sussex.

Well, that is my preferred scenario

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here