Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would you take any of their players if they went down? Of course raphinha will go to a top 4 club but asides from that only
Bamford would improve our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt mind any of Bamford, Harrison or James. Bamford has been injured pretty much all season but the other two are diamonds who wants to be polished.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Be nice to return the ' You'll f it up chant' (from 5 years ago, I can really hold on to a grudge :lol:) with 'You've f'd it up' Lovely combination of karma/Schadenfreude, just the thought of it makes me feel all warm and cosy inside.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Would you take any of their players if they went down? Of course raphinha will go to a top 4 club but asides from that only
Bamford would improve our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly for him, Bamford would only improve our squad of players under the physio which is very small at present.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wash your mouth out NO ONE

I mean NO one likes Leeds united....unless you are some Northern bloke stuck in 1970

Where did he say he liked Leeds? That's right, no he didn't.

It is quite possible to dislike Leeds, but would still prefer Everton to go down with Watford and Norwich. That is the way I feel - keep Leeds in the PL for next season; they won't be a threat.

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

It is quite possible to dislike Leeds, but would still prefer Everton to go down with Watford and Norwich. That is the way I feel - keep Leeds in the PL for next season; they won't be a threat.

I really don't care if Leeds are a threat or not next season.....I just want to see the self entitled,arrogant, neandathal, di@k head fans go down and the media love in with Leeds to stop.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Be nice to return the ' You'll f it up chant' (from 5 years ago, I can really hold on to a grudge :lol:) with 'You've f'd it up' Lovely combination of karma/Schadenfreude, just the thought of it makes me feel all warm and cosy inside.

From about 2-35 in this video:

That was actually the last time that we (as fans) went to Elland Road! That chant got near-instant karma anyway after we won our next 5 games to achieve automatic promotion, and Leeds managed to drop out of the play offs after being the top 6 nearly all season. The double down on that would be just cruel. Let's do it.

Last edited:

SAC

May 21, 2014

I dislike Dirty Leeds and have no particular dislike of Everton but would much prefer Everton to go down. Just because I have never seen Everton relegated and I don't think I have ever seen a club spend so much money only to do so badly.

I wont lose any sleep if Dirty Leeds are relegated though.

Win/win

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
If that happens, I wonder if they’ll try to attack; laughing Albion supporters, the police, Asian British, german cars and random police horses?

Can’t see them taking it on the chin.

See my comment in the other Leeds post. We were 1-0 up at the last game of the season at Elland Road in 82, and Leeds were on their way down. The atmosphere was terrifying. We managed to concede two late goals and got away.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Leeds' form is actually very similar to ours in the last six. They've got points in every game other than the Man City one, where they took the same beating that most teams get. They have two games against Chelsea and Arsenal that are very tough on paper, but against teams who've both shown a bit of flakeyness recently. However, Leeds need to turn around an absolutely terrible record this season against the top six. They've played ten games and lost them all with a minus 35 goal difference, on average scoring less than a goal and letting in more than three. The gung ho attitude that the media created a frenzy over last season has proven to be utterly stupid when not at absolute full strength. I guess that Marsch will be more circumspect in these two fixtures, but given that Everton currently look likely to win their home games and lose their away ones, Leeds will probably need to get to 39 points to finish above them.

Were Everton to finally pull out an away win against (probably relegated this weekend) Watford, something that they are still to do under Lampard, then if they don't take a point from the next two, Leeds will go into the game with us, a point behind Everton with only two to play to Everton's three. If Everton win at home against Brentford that day, Leeds would need to match their result to remain fighting. Their inferior goal difference would mean nothing less than a win would give them a chance. I think it more likely that they'll both take at least a point from their next two and that Everton's rearranged home game against Palace the following week will be key. This all assumes that Burnley continue to dig their way out with home and away games against Aston Villa. That's not guaranteed. They've won the last three, taken 10 points from the last 12, but they huffed and puffed to get past Watford at the weekend and, for relegation battling teams (other than Sunderland), these good runs are always more likely to end than to continue.

Looking at possible outcomes is far more fun as a neutral observer. I don't like Leeds fans' fuss over Ben White, have grudges against Burnley over Barton's stamp on Kayal and their fans' silly piling onto the Bong-Rodgriguez argument. I have mixed feelings about Everton. On one side, one of my best friends is a toffee, but on the other side there's the thought of the look on Richarlison's face. I find myself mainly hoping that Watford still have something to play for when they host Everton and that Everton win their last home game, but that's just because that would mean two losses for Palace.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Prick! 2005/6? The capacity at Withdean was?

I know full well what the capacity at Withdean was.

Perhaps you should take it up with the poster who stated that the average Palace attendance in the Championship was lower than Brighton’s every season, rather than me?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You think we had average attendance of 7352 the year we went to the Amex [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Priceless and deluded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

45A8065F-0674-4BB8-990D-A785291990D5.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The first comparison is when we were playing in a converted athletics stadium with temporary seats (used at the British Open golf in the summer), no roof and most importantly a capacity of around 7,000.

The second comparison is just wrong. 2011/12 was our first season in a partially-constructed Amex when average home attendance was just over 20,000.

Added to the fact that the majority of the time at Withdean we were scuffling around in the noddy leagues, with the occasional foray up into the Championship (the level where Palace financially doped themselves into remaining by stiffing all and sundry and paying 2p in the £).

I wonder how many Palace fans would be rattling around Selhurst for fixtures against Rochdale and Halifax in the third/fourth division around that time. Oh, hang on, I forgot all about their "LEGENDARY" support. They'd have had 25k there, obvs...

As you were.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As I have no interest in Palace's attendances, to the matter at hand: Will we relegate Leeds? I think no, but I'd like it if we did.

Mind you, everyone on here is forgetting the Premier League party line: The Premier League NEEDS Leeds. It completes them. They're so big that even if they're relegated, they're still there, haunting the memories of Sky execs everywhere, making sure that they'll be back and until they are, we'll all (ALL I TELL YOU) be weeping and handwringing until their rightful place at the top table is confirmed.

Or, another tired old football club stuck in the 70's, with delusions of grandeur will sink slowly back into the mish mash of Championship nightmares, shorn of the talent to bounce back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here