Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
For a usually quite sensible poster you are making yourself look a little silly today.

Ok I’ll concede that I typed the wrong year when I made that post, for which I apologise.

I meant to type 2010/11 and not 2011/12 when I made that post, when the Brighton average attendance was 7,351 and Palace managed 15,351.

So despite all your glee at my error, the point still stands. :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok I’ll concede that I typed the wrong year when I made that post, for which I apologise.

I meant to type 2010/11 and not 2011/12 when I made that post, when the Brighton average attendance was 7,351 and Palace managed 15,351.

I take no pleasure in your statistical faux pas, old chap. Now you just need to concede that any comparison between Selhurst and Withdean is just not worth making. Then we can all be friends again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

No, you point does not still stand. This was a comparison with Albion and Palace in the Championship in the same season, which was why only 2 years were picked. We were busy winning League 1 in 2010/11. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
No, you point does not still stand. This was a comparison with Albion and Palace in the Championship in the same season, which was why only 2 years were picked. We were busy winning League 1 in 2010/11. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I’m more than happy to do that, I got it wrong because of the source which I quoted only showing average attendances by a single year as opposed to a season. I assumed it showed the first year of a season, it turns out it wasn’t. It’s no biggie, you’ve shown I was wrong on that season.

But my other example? Nobody’s questioned that. So it was once, not twice.

So my point still stands. :)

(Whilst I really don’t give a stuff about our or your attendances, I’m on the spectrum. I find it hard not to try and correct statements that are in some way demonstrably wrong. I’ll happily drop the subject if my point is acknowledged, or some of you can continue to argue the toss and I’ll continue to contribute on a thread where I didn’t even have a dog in the fight. :))

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You made an error - so you were wrong................but apparanty right enough for your point to stand? Is that 2p in the £'s worth of rightness then?

No mate, your point isn't standing, it is rolling around on the grass squealing, calling for a referee and slapping the ground with its hand to simulate agony, just as if Lewis Dunk had crept up behind it and shouted 'Boo'!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where’s [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION] with his insights?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You made an error - so you were wrong................but apparanty right enough for your point to stand? Is that 2p in the £'s worth of rightness then?

No mate, your point isn't standing, it is rolling around on the grass squealing, calling for a referee and slapping the ground with its hand to simulate agony, just as if Lewis Dunk had crept up behind it and shouted 'Boo'!

This is the post I commented on.

A bit like Palace, they can only fill their ground when in the Premier League. Average attendance in the Championship was lower than ours every season.

I pointed out two examples where I thought that post was wrong. It turns out only one of my examples was true, but that doesn’t make the other one wrong.

Ergo my point still stands.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is the post I commented on.

I pointed out two examples where I thought that post was wrong. It turns out only one of my examples was true, but that doesn’t make the other one wrong.

Ergo my point still stands.

Is English your first language?

My original point was Dirty Leeds could not fill their ground when in the Championship, like Palace. This was a comparison between Leeds and Palace, I didn’t mention the Albion at all. Would you deny , like Leeds you failed to fill your ground on a regular basis when in the Championship?
My comparing of your club with the perpetual Champions of Europe was more to do with the football world being told what great supporters both clubs have now, but ignoring the fact you didn’t ( as a fan base) bother turning up in the Championship.
I hope this explains your obvious confusion over a simple statement of fact.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Is English your first language?

Yes, although it wasn’t my fathers first language, if you’re actually interested?

[A bit like Palace, they can only fill their ground when in the Premier League. Average attendance in the Championship was lower than ours every season.

To be fair you didn’t say which of the clubs you mentioned that you were comparing your attendances with.

It was a straight statement, that anyone reading it, would assume you were applying to both clubs.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will Brighton relegate Leeds

Yes,but the good news for everyones second team is they will do it via a blockbusting Spielberg epic,a with the main focus on players having their hair braided into awe inspiring patterns,scenes of fans trying to do their own hair in a similar fashion will probably be deleted for humanitarian reasons,I can't give the ending away as I hate spoiler alerts but there will be tears in Yorkshire but absolute scenes everywhere else on the planet.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
In answer to the OP - no. Sadly Everton will still need a point and they don't play until after our game finishes. We could however be the ones to finish off the writing on the wall.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
IMG_5397.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here