Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will anyone actually call Falmer 'the Amex'?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I prefer Amex to Falmer. Falmer reminds me of nimbys.

I couldn't agree more. I had a feeling of relief the day we were given a new name for the stadium. Falmer, for me, is a name associated with nimbys, and many lost years where we struggled for a stadium whilst the club struggled to balance the books.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
"And we're just going over to 'The Donkey Dick' for a goal update - Kammy"

"Unbelievable Jeff. A thunderous drive from Elliott Bennet has nearly taken the roof off The Gloryhole Stand as it ripped into the net. Brighton 4, Palace 0"

It could work

:laugh::laugh::laugh: The blokes I work with think I've lost the plot having just burst out laughing !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've done this to death, i'm not gonna win this argument I know, but The Goldstone was never sponsored and in the same token at that time players were not on £100,000 a week, so to say paying higher wages will increase my enjoyment of watching The Albion is indeed, with respect Sir, a complete load of fuckin bollocks.

Yes, but the fact that you mention how things were in the past rather shows that you are living in the past. Surprised you even managed to use a computer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Given the grief the Nimby's of 'Falmer' have given us I find using the name 'Amex' far better.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Amex sounds better. It would be odd in 10 years if it was named something else but I doubt American Express will fold by then and they'll have the Champions of Europe using their name so they'll pay again.

Surprised you even managed to use a computer.

I can but only to a certain degree because I taught myself, I like doing things that way. It's like thinking for myself, I have an opinion and I voice it, I'm very sorry it doesen't agree with yours so you have to make a snide little insult (and not for the first time)but hey, that's what thinking for one's self does for you

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can but only to a certain degree because I taught myself, I like doing things that way. It's like thinking for myself, I have an opinion and I voice it, I'm very sorry it doesen't agree with yours so you have to make a snide little insult (and not for the first time)but hey, that's what thinking for one's self does for you
Your opinion is a valid one, sir. Ignore him.

I don't happen to agree with it though. I think calling it The Amex is the respectful thing to do. It's the only thing the club is asking us to do, yet we get a fantastic new stadium in return.

Yes, ....

I'm so sorry, i've just noticed you're on 22,000+ posts, I hope I didn't offend you in anyway. I now accept I am living in the past and will from this moment refer to our stadium as The Amex or indeed The American Express Community Stadium or what ever name they wish to call it in the future, once again I apologise for any offence I may have caused, Yours Sincerely - Adam

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I've done this to death, i'm not gonna win this argument I know, but The Goldstone was never sponsored and in the same token at that time players were not on £100,000 a week, so to say paying higher wages will increase my enjoyment of watching The Albion is indeed, with respect Sir, a complete load of fuckin bollocks.

I didn't just say higher wages. I also mentioned the cost of players in the first place and the STADIUM ITSELF! Back to wages though, do you not think that Lua Lua is our most exciting player at the moment? Yes? Well if we were to sign him permanently we would be looking at big wages and a hefty fee... Would you rather be watching players of Lua Lua's quality at the Amex or players like Sebastian Carole and Chris Birchall :facepalm:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Whoah. We nearly got to the third page without a binfest.

The last thread started on 19 September got to five pages. Definitely The Amex for me, hate Falmer, anything to do with the Nimbys and all those years of disappointment. :amex:

we would be looking at big wages and a hefty fee... Would you rather be watching players of Lua Lua's quality at the Amex or players like Sebastian Carole and Chris Birchall :facepalm:

perhaps i'm just all wrong on this, if you must know i'd rather watch players who played for the team and the shirt ( the money would be a secondary issue) and yes I am livin in some fuckin dream world

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been calling it the 'new' stadium....do I win a £5er?

To be honest, I'll probably refer to it as 'the football'.....as in:

Mrs MacKenzie: "where the f*** have you been all weekend?"
MacKenzie: "erm, well, er....er.....at the football?....I've bought you some flowers"
Mrs MacKenzie: "****"

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Probably won't refer to the Stadium in any way, I usually go to see "The Ablion".

By that I mean as an example "Did you see the Albion the other night?" and not "Did you go to the Amex last night?"

As I recall we support the team not the stadium, the name of the stadium has no relevance it would seem in this modern corporate footballing world.

Rant over!

Oh and if pushed "Falmer" as just as your getting used to calling it "Amex" we'll have a new sponsor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here