McGhee Record From First 14 League Games: Wins 6 Draws 4 Losses 4 Pts 22

Wilkins Record From First 14 League Games: Wins 6 Draws 2 Losses 6 Pts 20

Interesting reading that makes.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
army ali said:
Get a life!

McGee picked up a damn good team from Coppel.

Wilkins picks up a team on its knees from McGee.

Hmmmmmm...................................

:shootself
Pretty much sums it up...

Some people really need to get over the fact he is gone, cry all you like, he ain't coming back.

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Wilkins V McGhee

I reckon McGhee would have him easily. Unless Wilkins got in first with a flukey left foot in the gonads.

Wilkins wouldn't take on candy floss, let alone a sweatie.

army ali said:
Get a life!

You should shoot yourself with cop outs like that.

1066gull

Rov'rum: 3 points
Gills: 3 points
Bentfrd: 1 point

Lose next three

7 points.

Edit: I know where I went wrong:lolol: :jester: :shootself

D

Deleted member 2719

army ali said:
Get a life!

As he said.

:clap:

JR you really should think before you post.

Let it go, you will feel better rather than bitter!!

:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

London Irish said:
You should shoot yourself with cop outs like that.

Not too sure what you mean by that LI?

the difference betwee McGee and Wilkins, IMHO, is non comparative.

We now have a manager who loves this club; the team are scoring goals and when we lose we are still playing good football. There is a lot more optimism around the place and if the team stay together then who knows what this side will be like next season and further.

Can't see why you are questioning that!

:(

army ali said:
Get a life!

That is a straightforward, incisive and pertinant observation. :clap:

That's the sort of exactitude LI can't stomach, it's like a slap upside his head punish:
Please hold off on any advised suicide until you get a second opinion :lolol:

army ali said:
Not too sure what you mean by that LI?

the difference betwee McGee and Wilkins, IMHO, is non comparative.

We now have a manager who loves this club; the team are scoring goals and when we lose we are still playing good football. There is a lot more optimism around the place and if the team stay together then who knows what this side will be like next season and further.

Can't see why you are questioning that!

:(

Obvious really. I keep asking people like you the same question when you come out with the canard about "better football" - where you at Forest? That day we outpassed the runaway winners of our league - we just lacked defenders of the class of Hinsh and Butters to keep them out.

I agree there is more optimism now - but that's because people's expectations have been lowered. Under McGhee, people demanded Championship football or play-offs at the least, under Wilkins people are happy to accept midtable and losses like yesterday's.

This is what makes Dick Knight a great chairman of this club, in changing the manager he has solved one of the great problems with the fans of this club, inflated, unrealistic expectations of what we can realistically acheive. People were very unhappy at the beginning of the season that he said midtable was our realistic objective. One change of manager later, and people are happy to swallow exactly that.

And in a way I'm not knocking it, Albion games are a much more pleasany experience now that fans' expectations are realistic. When we lose, we now lose with good grace rather than the horrible, sour atmosphere that overtook many of our games last season.

Your camparison about the resources left to McGhee and Wilkins has been discussed many times on here, and where you go wrong is a very rosy perception of the strength of that squad minus Simon Rodger, Darius Henderson. It was an ageing team overeliant on journeymen like Oatway and Mayo, but McGhee still performed miracles with them.

Last edited:

London Irish said:
Obvious really. I keep asking people like you the same question when you come out with the canard about "better football" - where you at Forest? That day we outpassed the runaway winners of our league - we just lacked defenders of the class of Hinsh and Butters to keep them out.

I agree there is more optimism now - but that's because people's expectations have been lowered. Under McGhee, people demanded Championship football or play-offs at the least, under Wilkins people are happy to accept midtable and losses like yesterday's.

This is what makes Dick Knight a great chairman of this club, in changing the manager he has solved one of the great problems with the fans of this club, inflated, unrealistic expectations of what we can realistically acheive. People were very unhappy at the beginning of the season that he said midtable was our realistic objective. One change of manager later, and people are happy to swallow exactly that.

And in a way I'm not knocking it, Albion games are a much more pleasany experience now that fans' expectations are realistic. When we lose, we now lose with good grace rather than the horrible, sour atmosphere that overtook many of our games last season.

Your camparison about the resources left to McGhee and Wilkins has been discussed many times on here, and where you go wrong is a very rosy perception of the strength of that squad minus Simon Rodger, Darius Henderson. It was an ageing team overeliant on journeymen like Oatway and Mayo, but McGhee still performed miracles with them.

Sorry LI but you are bordering on patronising here. In fact, you are.

For some reason I get the feeling that you are putting up a self defence mechanism and not realising the current side's potential. This club needs a manager like wilkins who obviously has good interpersonal and man management skills; something I fear McGee lacked all of last season.

I find it quite hard to stomach the people who are knocking the current regime, who, IMO, only serve the club well.

I don't think anyone realsistically at the beginning of this season thought that the club would bounce straight back up with McGee in charge. I firmly believe that under Wilkins we have a good shot at the Play Offs; something of an achievement if we do! (That is not saying that we will reach them).

The main goal for this season is consolidating with the current crop of young players we currently hold - that is blatantly obvious for all to see, gaining invaluable league experience in the process.

League one is undoubtedly a far better league than the one we occupied three seasons ago; holding our own in this league is is easily achievable now. I did not share that optimism a few months ago with McGee.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
jonny.rainbow said:
McGhee Record From First 14 League Games: Wins 6 Draws 4 Losses 4 Pts 22

Wilkins Record From First 14 League Games: Wins 6 Draws 2 Losses 6 Pts 20

Interesting reading that makes.

Why? The facts as quoted don't reflect what Magoo had when he started, and the dregs of a team he left for Wilko.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here