Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins rude to Hawesy?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
On listening to the post match interview from Tuesday again am the only one who thought Dean was little bit out of order the way he spoke to Hawesy when he put the question about the 'famous 5' to him?
Perhaps a "sorry Andrew I don't really want to talk about it" rather than his very abrupt yet repeated reply, would have been better?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
On listening to the post match interview from Tuesday again am the only one who thought Dean was little bit out of order the way he spoke to Hawesy when he put the question about the 'famous 5' to him?
Perhaps a "sorry Andrew I don't really want to talk about it" rather than his very abrupt yet repeated reply, would have been better?

I THINK dEAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIMSELF WHO THE FAMOUS 5 ARE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wilkins was forthright, but he certainly wasn't rude.
I was a little bit aroused actually. He sounded quite butch.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Didn't hear it, although someone said similar to me shortly after it was on.

Is it on the BBC website at all?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Sounds like a good shit-stirring phone-in topic. :nono:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like a good shit-stirring phone-in topic. :nono:

Not at all, ultimately Wilkins's boss put the issue on the agenda last Saturday all Hawesy did was ask a legitmate question which I thought Dean could have handled better.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006

Slow friday night Harty?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Would you want to talk about signings,when he has made it clear the club are staying tight lipeed, having come through a tough fortnight or so and just suffered another defeat? Maybe he was too blunt, but I think we are all guilty of being off hand when disappointed and upset.

If you think it was so awful, then why not write to him and demand an apology. More importantly, perhaps Hawesy should if he is feeling upset by the whole saga.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
No got a lap top now so I can sit on line and watch TV and on occasions talk to the wife, goodbye to the 20th century!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No got a lap top now so I can sit on line and watch TV and on occasions talk to the wife, goodbye to the 20th century!

Lap tops are cool. I'm far away from home..but I feel so close.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right, Mrs Tubthumper has finally made herself look ever more nicer than she is so I'm off out for a couple of Weissbeirs. Goodbye and gut nacht.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Wilkins should have replied 'f***ed if I know , you better ask that TWAT of a chairman who insists in interfering in it all' :thumbsup:

I think 'interfering' should have been in capitals there.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
100% behind Wilkins but on that interview he was bang out of order, I don't like journalists/media but politeness costs no oneHawsey is more than a Sun sensationlist, he was asking a reasonable question (one that any fan would have asked) and was treated with utter contempt. I realise that Wilkins was pissed off with the subject, Knights boast about 5 players signing, when under pressure on the saturday phone in not helping the situation, but he could of batted the question away with a non commital response, if he is dissing Hawsey he is ultimately dissing us. Taking matters a stage further it is all very well Knight (again much respect) going on the phone in and answering questions (admitedly repititive ones and some posed by deluded idiots) but you do yourself no favours if you allow yourself to be wound up to the extent that your responses come across giving the impression that you would rather not be there (even if you would really not be). In conclusion Wilkins owes Hawsey (who never asks him questions of a Paxman intensity) an apology, DK should take a chill pill before he comes on the radio and perphaps both could benefit from some dreaded media training.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair play to Wilkins, I'm not sure how many times he has to let it be known to the likes of Hawsey and Naylor that he does'nt want to discuss transfer targets before they get the message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here