Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins out!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
2 Months to the start of the new season and not 1 signing. Cant wait for the Basingstoke forward to sign. The bloke is a muppet, lets get him out now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blame DICK KNIGHT not Wilkins.

Wilkins does not control the purse strings or tie his own hands by giving Mayo and Hart STUPID contract details.

Wilkins is having a smaller playing budget than McGhee had last Summer and look who we got then. What hope does Wilkins have of attracting decent players?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Wilkins does not control the purse strings or tie his own hands by giving Mayo and Hart STUPID contract details.

Wilkins is having a smaller playing budget than McGhee had last Summer and look who we got then. What hope does Wilkins have of attracting decent players?

So who do we have instead of Knight?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Bollocks, Wilkins has a healthy playing budget but cant attract any players as no **** has ever heard of him. :angry:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
bhafc4eva said:
Bollocks, Wilkins has a healthy playing budget but cant attract any players as no **** has ever heard of him. :angry:
are we trying to sign ****s...?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who did McGhee attract last Summer with a BETTER playing budget?

Wilkins has a smaller budget so it therefore stands to reason he will not be capable of getting big name players.

The sooner we ditch these delusions of grandeur and start looking at players likely to join at best a mid-table league one team who play in a rubbish stadium the better.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Wilkins has a smaller budget so it therefore stands to reason he will not be capable of getting big name players.

The sooner we ditch these delusions of grandeur and start looking at players likely to join at best a mid-table league one team who play in a rubbish stadium the better.

They cannot win though.

If they do that people moan about lack of ambition.

Also would surely the point of additions to the squad is to better what we have.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Signing decent League 1 players WOULD be better than what we have in many areas...

Beyond sorting the forwards and a right back out, am not so sure.

If we have a midfield of Reid, Bertin, Hammond and Cox, that is not too bad.

A potential central defence of Hinsh and Lynch could be effective, also with Butters offering competition. Rents and Cobbs look decent left backs. Kuipers is a decent enough goalkeeper at this level.

So it seems that we need a right back, which we have needed since Watson went shit house and a forward that has some idea of how to connect the round thing with the net thingey.

As far as I can see we are going after a forward and a right back, so looking to strengthen in the correct areas.

Still am sure you can still find a reason to lay into Knight, who is not the issue.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
bhafc4eva said:

Wilkins does worry me..His contacts in the football world are surely mainly at youth level...and with youth managers..

Youth isnt what we need...a mix of expieirence is!

Dick Knight in my opinion has really made a mistake by employing him..also the fact I dont think wilkins has the football brain to be able to coach decent players anyway....so we could bing in a couple of decent faces and he will end up trying to play a forward at right back.

This season coming he needs to decide his best eleven & their best position...because last season he chopped and changed so much it was funny:

Is robinson - forward or right winger
is revell - forward or right winger
is hart - forward/right back or right winger
is fraser - right wing/centre mid

What does the guy want..the most flexible side with players who can play anywhere....it cant happen..a player cannot be natural in every position chucked at him..fair enough some of the position changes were down to injury...But the guy just screams "im out of my depth...."

Its only quality managers for the past 6 years that have brought us to the level of championship football...and sucess in league 1..were now as far as im concerned at a crucial point..if we dont do enough pre-season...we could drop to the depth's which would be terrible for the club and fans alike..

Wilkins you have the same amount of games as mcghee had last season..or go!

I hope he makes us a success..because he talks a good talk and loves the club and was a great servant to the club..but that doesnt mean he is amune from critism.

Good luck Deano..fingers and everything else is crossed..

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richie Morris said:

Alex Revell £ 8000

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Wilkins has far more of a football brain than McGhee and the fact he wants his team to be flexible and adapt to the conditions of each game is good.
Too many times McGhee was guilty of just plodding on with the same formation he started games with despite the matches slipping away from us.

As far as playing players in different positions wasn't that something McGhee was praised for? After all Virgo played right back, centre back, up front and even in midfield at least once. Hinsh played midfield and Knight played centre midfield, up top and on the wing.
To criticise Wilkins for playing players on the wing or upfront is not fair.

Also, we have no way of knowing Wilkins contacts in football. Does Boothroyd at Watford have any better? Did Dowie when he started out? New managers clearly need to develop contacts so I don't think Wilkins can be slated for that.

All I know is at times some of the football we played was far better than anything we managed in previous seasons.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Alex Revell £ 8000

EXACTLY. How can Wilkins work wonders with less money than that!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Caveman said:
Players may also wait until 9th July until the stadium decision is made, bit better bargining tool too. Just a thought?

Why would they base their decision on this? The thing will take 5 years to build. You f***ing mug :censored:

Take your blue and white rose tinted specs off and see the light.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has more than £ 8000 to spend.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It is very worrying times when mcghee brought us so much success in a short space of time..promotion and survival and fans speak of him as if he did nothing for us.

Compared to man who achieved nothing short of disgraceful performances that in this division..i never saw under mcghee...and i went to most away games in the promotion season under mcghee and it wasnt great at times..but look at the end result.

Wilkins lost how many on the spin....?? against trash....it will be another henderson situation me thinks....errr I told you so!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
bhafc4eva said:
Why would they base their decision on this? The thing will take 5 years to build. You f***ing mug :censored:

Take your blue and white rose tinted specs off and see the light.

No need to talk to me like that you pumped up little sh*t. You wouldn't do it to my face so don't do it on here.

May be I am a bit "tinted" but if you think the stadium issue is not relevant then you are very naive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here