Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins in or out

Wilkins in or out

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Why don't you just grow up, and support another side like Lewes or Eastbourne Borough?! Shouldn't you be in bed by now, you've got school in the morning!

kev.I am 35.....I have supported this club since 1979....had a season ticket most of those years.....been till 2006 to most away games.....i just cant take the shit football on show any more.in 2003-2004 me and about 20 mates had season tickets....now none of us even go anymore.....so tell me why i should go and support another team....or tell us why we should pay hard earned money to go and see the shit on show now....

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins has had a fair crack of the whip and IS NOT UP TO IT. Time we brought in a proper manager to inspire the team and to get back the thousands of supporters who have left in droves in the last 2 years. I fear sth's was drop to well under 3000 next season with Wilkins in charge.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm a few months ago I would have said in. Tonite has moved me to the fence, now we may win our next 4 games so I would be back in the in camp, but and i mean but, if we put on performances like 2nite in those 4 games then I really think DK should take action.

And I never thought I would see myself write that.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
kev.I am 35.....I have supported this club since 1979....had a season ticket most of those years.....been till 2006 to most away games.....i just cant take the shit football on show any more.in 2003-2004 me and about 20 mates had season tickets....now none of us even go anymore.....so tell me why i should go and support another team....or tell us why we should pay hard earned money to go and see the shit on show now....

I've been supporting this club all my life. Ok I'm sorry about saying support another club. But if you don't like whats on offer, there aint no point coming on here every Saturday and Tuesday night and being negative. Yes the football on offer at the moment is woeful, but we're all Brighton fans through and through and we'll keep coming back because we LOVE this club. FACT!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I've been supporting this club all my life. Ok I'm sorry about saying support another club. But if you don't like whats on offer, there aint no point coming on here every Saturday and Tuesday night and being negative. Yes the football on offer at the moment is woeful, but we're all Brighton fans through and through and we'll keep coming back because we LOVE this club. FACT!

The alarming drop in attendances over the last two years suggests not any time soon, I really am getting worried now and if we just coast towards midtable then attendances under 4k are quite possible.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Listen to you all - Dean works wonders with what little he is given - i have said it before and will probably get slaggged off again but Dicks interference has caused half the problems since boxing day - has no-one realised Dick dosen't want us to get promoted - he would have to pay players more money - Dean IS a good manager and we have good coaches at the club( that was proved up to and before Christmas) - Dick needs to be the chairman and let the manager manage - Please get off Deans back - no-one would be whinging if we had got 3 points on saturday - we didn't take any points off tranmere last year!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One of the worst things as was discusses in the baskets after the game was the calling off of the Gillingham game. We were on a bit of a run there and would probably have beaten them meaning we would have had better momentum turning up at Millwall where we didnt really turn up at all then the Bas, GO'C stuff kicked off etc etc

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Please get off Deans back - no-one would be whinging if we had got 3 points on saturday - we didn't take any points off tranmere last year!!!!

Which backs up my comment that last year we would have lost that game 1-0..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Wilkins went now who would replace him ? There is no need to sack him unless things got into a Hinshelwood situation.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
he will be gone if the team are dreadful again next year.

Game required a positive substitution with 25 mins to go , was worrying watching him in the dugout tonight

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One of the worst things as was discusses in the baskets after the game was the calling off of the Gillingham game. We were on a bit of a run there and would probably have beaten them meaning we would have had better momentum turning up at Millwall where we didnt really turn up at all then the Bas, GO'C stuff kicked off etc etc

Spot on !

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
In, I really like Wilkins and think he is doing a decent job so far. Don't forget we have sold players in situations that have been out of our control, and lost players for off the pitch reasons (Bas, O'Callaghan). I really like the signings that have been made in Deano's time and he has proven that he can bring in loan players when needed. He is popular with the team and the lads enjoy playing for him, and keeping a good spirit is essential at this point in the season. I am confident he will prove his worth in the coming months. We can still make the playoffs, we just need to get back to keeping clean sheets and today was a great start.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
2) He has strong favourites, and never f***ing drops them. Dean Cox - what the hell has he got to do to be left out? Week after week he produces nothing performances, devoid of skill, pace, or flair. His inability to take on a man on the outside is just embarrassing for a left winger. I am gobsmacked Wilkins can't see this, and give him the break he so badly needs. His set pieces are ok now, but when the ball is in open play it's like playing with 10 men. Also, El Abd. Here's a bloke the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none' was invented for. He is NOT a central midfielder, and he does NOT work with the superior Thomson. They're both playing the same role, and two defensive players equals no goals at home.

6) Overlooking Robinson. For me, Robinson is having a far superior season to Cox, yet Cox is the golden boy and Robinson is dropped every other week. Robinson scored on Saturday, and was taken off immediately then left out tonight. He's shown a lot of good things this season. I think it's his best season with us, yet he's in and out of the team. He's the one player we've got, bar Forster, who can do something unexpected. Get him in the team.

I agree with everything you've said apart from the above. Dean Cox is the only two footed player in the squad who has the ability to run with the ball even if its not outside the full-back, yes he can have poor games but he is far more effective than Robinson who in my opinion has easily had his worst ever season. Dean Cox is an easy target because he had so much to offer which makes his poor games seem worst than they are!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am a little confused with vultures reaction because if you read the Tranmere result prediction thread he was happy to predict a draw and this is what he got:shrug:
However it is safe to assume that no one is beating the door down for the job and Dean is still probably still on some kind of clause which puts limits on his salary due to results, hence DK is happy.
What I have trouble understanding is the fact that despite Deans time at the club he does not seem to know what the players best playing positions are, hence playing them all over the place. I accept variations are made due to sending offs etc. but this should not effect the starting line up and the make up of the subs bench.???

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I am a little confused with vultures reaction because if you read the Tranmere result prediction thread he was happy to predict a draw and this is what he got:shrug:
However it is safe to assume that no one is beating the door down for the job and Dean is still probably still on some kind of clause which puts limits on his salary due to results, hence DK is happy.
What I have trouble understanding is the fact that despite Deans time at the club he does not seem to know what the players best playing positions are, hence playing them all over the place. I accept variations are made due to sending offs etc. but this should not effect the starting line up and the make up of the subs bench.???

Stop talking sense:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here