Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Fence it for a few more weeks

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
As far as I can see the issue is the same as it has been since 2004, we did not have a prolific goalscorer. Forster might get a reasonable amount (with the right service), but none of the other strikers have much clue when it comes to trying to put the ball in the net. Until that is sorted the play offs are a mere pipe dream, whoever is incharge.

Agreed but think that the service has been GASH

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kev, he brought on El-Abd to push Richards up the field to form a 3-4-3 formation. Did he not do the same for the Gillingham game and push the midfield further forward?

He may have felt that Martot justified a place in the starting line up and Robinson would be more of a threat to Gillingham coming off the bench. Obviously had to put someone in for Lynch and went for the bulkier El-Abd, counting on the midfield to come up trumps, rather than rely on the slightly lightweight Rents for his distribution.

Obviously neither of them worked, but then they may have worked on a different day.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Kev, he brought on El-Abd to push Richards up the field to form a 3-4-3 formation. Did he not do the same for the Gillingham game and push the midfield further forward?

He may have felt that Martot justified a place in the starting line up and Robinson would be more of a threat to Gillingham coming off the bench. Obviously had to put someone in for Lynch and went for the bulkier El-Abd, counting on the midfield to come up trumps, rather than rely on the slightly lightweight Rents for his distribution.

Obviously neither of them worked, but then they may have worked on a different day.

I understand that BOF. But doesn't Wilkins see that Martot, needs to adapt to the English game and fast. Because he is clearly struggling at the moment. Jakey was absolutely immense against Millwall, but Wilkins decided to change an WINNING side. Rents is an gifted left footed player, El-Abd is not and left footed and left sided player.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
I agree the service has been poor and we do not play to Forster's strengths, but I would not back any of the other forwards to get into double figures when it comes to league goals.

Absolutely right......which then makes you think what position Brighton would be in now had it not been for Hammonds goals over the last season.....

The Irish Zidane seems to be the key to unlocking the defences IMHO and needs to have more of the ball

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
But do him and Hammond to an extent get in each others way?

I don't think so, I think there 2 very different players but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

Hammond is a late runner into the box, not really very useful when he has got the ball in the middle of the park & looks for the easy backwards ball for the follow up HOOF

O'Callahan(sp) on the otherhand seems to me (again on the 2 games I've seen) to be very confortable, never wastes possesion and has the ABILITY to play the cutting pass...whether or the supporting players are in the space that they should be is a different story

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It's not that he needs to have more of the ball, it's that we need to get him further up the pitch so when he does have the ball he can hurt the other team with it.

When Forster has the ball at his feet. He look dangerous running at defenders, and taking them on. Then he does trying to win the flick-ons against them when the ball is hoofed up in the air.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Simple sack the scared bald one then this team will get in the top 10 keep him and it will be bottom 8

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
When Forster has the ball at his feet. He look dangerous running at defenders, and taking them on. Then he does trying to win the flick-ons against them when the ball is hoofed up in the air.

But the ball has to be INFRONT of him to run on to it....something that isn't happening.....SNORT that out WILKINS and US will leave you alone*

*for now

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Time for him to go if the crowds drop even lower.Mike Bailey was sacked back in 82-83 for this reason.Wilkins has in my view lost the crowd

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I would still give him a bit more time, but he's not making it easy for himself, its frustrating how we can outclass Millwall and the best we've played for ages, then the next two games he drops Robinson who has been playing very well and we start lumping it upto Savage who wins nothing in the air.
I think we've got a decent squad, Wilkins just needs to stop tinkering with the starting 11 and we need to play with the ball in the ground and get some consistancy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Normally you have lost the crowd when they are booing the manager and calling for his head.

That has not happened to Wilkins, to date.

Not at the end of the game but there was a lot of booing at half time last Saturday.

Time for him to go if the crowds drop even lower.Mike Bailey was sacked back in 82-83 for this reason.Wilkins has in my view lost the crowd

Clown talk.:jester:

One poor result at home, and when one half of it was dis-satisfactory actually - after 3 winning home performances, the previous-to-last of which had everyone cooing their collective approvals.

Don't talk so silly vulture, he's nowhere near lost the crowd, just a few worried people here, more since his interviews than just on the fan's overview of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here