Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Out

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Fence it for a few more weeks

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Would this be the same as the abuse that was heaped on McGhee week in, week out on here?

Personally, I think it matters a lot where he is during a game when we've lost 4 out of 7 games and performed quite poorly in 2 of the remaining three.

McGhee was different case - clearly he had lost it.

Like i said it's Dean choice where he sits and if he F*cks up he will pay the price.

Perhaps you are just a traditionalist, wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same!

Not a traditionalist at all-more of a realist and the reality is that his sitting in the stands doesn't seem to be adding anything to the team's performances-Millwall excepted.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Do we have to have this nonsense after each game>

yes - personally, i find it interesting to see what peoples views are after two more poor performances

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Wilkins seems tactically poor and unsure on his best eleven. he clearly has favourites as some players play regardless of form and others seem unsubable..another disappointing season beckons

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This is getting boring now, Wilkins In we are upper mid table no need for concern we will be near the play offs at the end of the year. It makes no difference as to where Wilkins sits if he feels that he is better in the stand with White and Chapman to do the shouting then so be it. He is better qualified to choose what he does than any one on here

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
This is getting boring now, Wilkins In we are upper mid table no need for concern we will be near the play offs at the end of the year.

Only a few good games out of the last 20 or so ...we will be nearer the bottom than the top at this rate

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Only a few good games out of the last 20 or so ...we will be nearer the bottom than the top at this rate

And still some folks say that Wilkins is the best man man for the job. I really do despair.

:nono:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Fence. Whilst i agree that Wilkins' decision to sit in the stand is wrong and he seems slightly lacking in the tactical department, it is far to early to sack him. The club will never improve if we keep on sacking managers after 10-15 bad games. Unless we are in real trouble, give him till the end of the season. I'd just like him to STAND IN THE DUGOUT!!

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think his tactics are a worry. 'Let's boot the ball up field to Bas. That's not working so let's take him off and put on Alex Revell and boot the ball up to him.'

I hope we are going to keep on signing left backs because by the law of averages we must get a good one eventually.

Rents, Robinson and Revell should all have started today.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I think out,which should rally support for the manager.

I think he is in the wrong role at the club,and was doing extremely well where he was.We all know this squad is barely average,and we all have opinions as to reasons for that,but Mr Wilkins does not seem to carry enough kudos about him.There is no zip or zest in the play,and though we have won three home games,Northampton and Millwall were poor,and the Southend game,though exciting and a result well earned,against better opposition,and away from home we are exposed as a poor side ourselves.

Would a different manager make a difference?I think it's an option we should take sooner rather than later,and perhaps a question we might like to ask is whether Mr Wilkins would get a manager's job anywhere else in the football league?

And I suspect many of us know the answer to that.

So put Mr Wilkins back to his old job,and bring in somebody from outside with some experience and perhaps some success on his cv,and please don't ask me who,because I have no idea.But I bet if the job was advertised there'd be a list of applicants as long as your arm.

Wilkins throws a spanner into his own works! It's amazing, to build a decent squad who start to gel, get performances and some results (and some away games that saw us dominate but lose - so just need to work on some things), and then throw in a new player at the last minute.
Yeovil's goals both came from simple defensive mistakes...that end up with disarray and scrambling to pick up loose attackers, unsuccessfully. Why was that? Because the defence had no idea who was where, and it ended up in a panic.
Too simple for Yeovil, who can thank Wilkins very much for the 3 points.

I listened to him in the post-match interview, and his effort to put together a picture to portray on the radio, was clumsy. Times are, occasionally, that you take the blame, full on the chin Deano, and admit that you messed with the team-sheet too riskily.
It was NOT good for the team as a whole, or their outlook on your management.
It was not good for the player to start out with the club in that way - he looked out of it right from the start, like a 'spare one at a wedding'. Now HE is up against it and under the public and team microscope to see if he's any good. He didn't show any tenacity or intent, and with regular BHAFC employees on the bench it was passion that was glaring in its' absence. The crowd didn't catch the passion, so - deadest of dead atmosphere ....at a place where it's almost impossible to create any. And no spanner to put in Yeovil's works either.
It was not good for the result. Nope, you can't pull out even a boring draw, get everyone behind the ball, or tweak the formation to back-up the missing information until repairs can be gradually implemented. Out on a limb, snapped off with no safety blanket underneath, at home.

Figure it out Dean, this is your profession and you are not a 'new jack' in it. There has to be some resolve - at home especially - and under the scrutiny of a home crowd you can start out the new face on the bench first, and put him in once it's a comfortable situation for the guy. I don't want to hear that you are disappointed with anything, unless you take it on board as your own decisions that you are disappointed with - and admit that fact.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Wilkins throws a spanner into his own works! It's amazing, to build a decent squad who start to gel, get performances and some results (and some away games that saw us dominate but lose - so just need to work on some things), and then throw in a new player at the last minute.
Yeovil's goals both came from simple defensive mistakes...that end up with disarray and scrambling to pick up loose attackers, unsuccessfully. Why was that? Because the defence had no idea who was where, and it ended up in a panic.
Too simple for Yeovil, who can thank Wilkins very much for the 3 points.

I listened to him in the post-match interview, and his effort to put together a picture to portray on the radio, was clumsy. Times are, occasionally, that you take the blame, full on the chin Deano, and admit that you messed with the team-sheet too riskily.
It was NOT good for the team as a whole, or their outlook on your management.
It was not good for the player to start out with the club in that way - he looked out of it right from the start, like a 'spare one at a wedding'. Now HE is up against it and under the public and team microscope to see if he's any good. He didn't show any tenacity or intent, and with regular BHAFC employees on the bench it was passion that was glaring in its' absence. The crowd didn't catch the passion, so - deadest of dead atmosphere ....at a place where it's almost impossible to create any. And no spanner to put in Yeovil's works either.
It was not good for the result. Nope, you can't pull out even a boring draw, get everyone behind the ball, or tweak the formation to back-up the missing information until repairs can be gradually implemented. Out on a limb, snapped off with no safety blanket underneath, at home.

Figure it out Dean, this is your profession and you are not a 'new jack' in it. There has to be some resolve - at home especially - and under the scrutiny of a home crowd you can start out the new face on the bench first, and put him in once it's a comfortable situation for the guy. I don't want to hear that you are disappointed with anything, unless you take it on board as your own decisions that you are disappointed with - and admit that fact.

I have to agree to this and I'm on the Wilkins in side...What has really disappointed me is that the games that we've had Robinson in the team from the start are the games that we've looked like thrashing the other team because the full backs in this league are so slow and it's no coincidence that the games we've lost are the ones where he's been stuck on the bench.

I've also been saying for weeks that Elphick & Hammond are having to cover Butters more now because of his lack of pace.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Give him 'till christmas, if we are within three places of the relegation zone and still playing shit then it's time to admit that Deano isn't up to being a first team manager yet. If we are still mid table then leave him to get on with his job and hopoefully we will continue to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here