Wilkins - In or Out

• In

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Out

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Fence it for a few more weeks

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Give him 'till christmas, if we are within three places of the relegation zone and still playing shit then it's time to admit that Deano isn't up to being a first team manager yet. If we are still mid table then leave him to get on with his job and hopoefully we will continue to improve.

I'm struggling to see where we have improved at all. Seriously, where have we improved from say 12 months ago? What is clear is that he needs some help from somebody who knows the professional game because there are times we look clueless. Gillingham illustrates that perfectly: their goalkeeper wasn't troubled all afternoon and that simply isn't good enough when playing a club in turmoil which Gillingham clearly were before we gifted them 3 points.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Wilkins is a nice guy, he is a good coach, he is Albion through and through, but he is not a manager. How many six-match losing streaks must we endure before Dick Knight realises that? There's not much wrong with the team that a competent manager could not put right. Wilkins couldn't motivate a sex-starved erotomaniac to get his leg over in Hove's Hive of Honeys.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm struggling to see where we have improved at all. Seriously, where have we improved from say 12 months ago? What is clear is that he needs some help from somebody who knows the professional game because there are times we look clueless. Gillingham illustrates that perfectly: their goalkeeper wasn't troubled all afternoon and that simply isn't good enough when playing a club in turmoil which Gillingham clearly were before we gifted them 3 points.
It was more of a speculative post. We haven't really improved, but if we keep playing like this we will be in the bottom four by christmas, so mid table would suggest the team had improved between now and then.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
on this basis of last year he should be sacked by Thursday on the back of the McGhee 50/50 straw poll

Give him 'till christmas, if we are within three places of the relegation zone and still playing shit then it's time to admit that Deano isn't up to being a first team manager yet. If we are still mid table then leave him to get on with his job and hopoefully we will continue to improve.

Rubbish

He's had more than enough time. Over 50 games and we've lost over half of them. Tactics are basic and boring. hoof the ball long and high and hope a big centre forward gets on the end of it.

Apart from the Millwall game we have been woeful this season.

I can't believe that Dick knigt has made the same mistake of appointing untried managers from within the club THREE TIMEs now. and I haven't even included Bob Booker's broef tempoary internship.

All the success that we have enjoyed in the past six years has been under experienced and established managers who knew what they were doing (horton, Adams, Taylor , Coppell), and all their good work has been ruined by their inexperienced replacements (Wood, Hinshelwood, Booker, Wilkins).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Played 56 Won 19 Drawn 11 Lost 26

Not really very impressive is it?

Whilst not being hugely impressive, he scored 54 points from his opening 46 league games, whilst having his hands tied in the early part of the season with only loans available to him and trying to rebuild a team that was devoid of talent. I don't think that is too bad considering that teams have been known to be relegated when coming down from The Championship.

Obviously, this figure needs to be improved upon, but I do feel he deserves a chance to do this.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm sitting on the fence at the moment. His decision making and team selection are very poor. I do not know and understand why, we changed an winning side against Gillingham. Then kept the same losing side against Yeovil, minus Richards who wasn't with us at Gillingham at that point. I don't know why he decides to bring on central defenders on when we're chasing the game. Yeovil and Gillingham he has done this for, he brought on Adam Hinshelwood at Preistfield and then El-Abd against Yeovil. We need to stop hoofing the ball, in the air all the time. Because we look more threatening with the ball, at our feet and passing it on the deck. If we do not pick up four points in our next two games, then I'm going to slide over to the OUT. Because it will not be acceptable, with the amount of talent we have in this side.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sitting on the fence at the moment. His decision making and team selection are very poor. I do not know and understand why, we changed an winning side against Gillingham. Then kept the same losing side against Yeovil, minus Richards who wasn't with us at Gillingham at that point. I don't know why he decides to bring on central defenders on when we're chasing the game. Yeovil and Gillingham he has done this for, he brought on Adam Hinshelwood at Preistfield and then El-Abd against Yeovil. We need to stop hoofing the ball, in the air all the time. Because we look more threatening with the ball, at our feet and passing it on the deck. If we do not know pick up four points in our next two games, then I'm going to slide over to the OUT. Because it will not be acceptable, with the amount of talent we have in this side.

Do we really have huge amounts of talent in this side?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
We don't have huge amounts, but we have strong enough side to be abled to push us higher to an play-off place then an mid-table place.

As far as I can see the issue is the same as it has been since 2004, we did not have a prolific goalscorer. Forster might get a reasonable amount (with the right service), but none of the other strikers have much clue when it comes to trying to put the ball in the net. Until that is sorted the play offs are a mere pipe dream, whoever is incharge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here