Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Out

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Fence it for a few more weeks

Votes: 26 22.8%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well, bar Millwall the luck has run out at home by the looks of things. 7 games in, where do you stand on mr wilkins position?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
In, will be amazed if lots of people say Out as 99% of people were kissing his arse a week ago.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
In, will be amazed if lots of people say Out as 99% of people were kissing his arse a week ago.

Oh...that,s cool...I,m one of the 1%.
Still on the fence though, as far as long term goes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

reckon you mean two weeks ago - we were shocking at gillingham last week as well

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
reckon you mean two weeks ago - we were shocking at gillingham last week as well

Sorry, should have said before the Gillingham game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, should have said before the Gillingham game.

thought you meant that - thing is, that millwall match is the ONLY time i can remember us playing really well under wilkins since christmas

we were very lucky against northampton after they lost the plot, and the same could be said against southend. every time ive seen us this year, bar millwall, i have been far from convinced - which is a worrying sign, especially as we will not be able to continue to fluke results

his negative tactics away from home, tinkering with the team and playing players out of position smacks of mcghee - which is the most concerning thing of all. his post-match interviews always revolve around the players not listening, which indicates he is not doing his job. and as for sitting in the stand - ludicrous

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
thought you meant that - thing is, that millwall match is the ONLY time i can remember us playing really well under wilkins since christmas

we were very lucky against northampton after they lost the plot, and the same could be said against southend. every time ive seen us this year, bar millwall, i have been far from convinced - which is a worrying sign, especially as we will not be able to continue to fluke results

his negative tactics away from home, tinkering with the team and playing players out of position smacks of mcghee - which is the most concerning thing of all. his post-match interviews always revolve around the players not listening, which indicates he is not doing his job. and as for sitting in the stand - ludicrous

Agree with that to some extent, but I don't think we should be worrying too much at this stage. Will wait until November at least before changing my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fence but his motivational skills from the off today looked very poor. Have we got dressing room problems?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poor selevtion, Bas needs to be a sub and Revell start and perhaps Jakey for Martot and Rents in for Richards

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In...for the season, unless we are falling to pieces.

He is slowly building a team that does not have too many liabilities and it is going to take time.

One thing for sure is we need another goalkeeper. As much as I like Kuipers, we need to get the ball to the partner of Forster from goal kicks and so on. He is being wasted with these wild balls intended for someone else.

Sometimes he can be his own worst enemy and tinker far too much. Keep it simple, play it on the deck and try and shoot more on sight.

The real test will be to see how we bounce back from this defeat. Oh, it could have been so different. If Hammond had banged that chance in, then we may have seen a totally different game.

We are STILL starting too slowly. Why?

I would love to see O'Callaghan stay, but I really think that he is far too good for us. :(

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One thing for sure is we need another goalkeeper. As much as I like Kuipers, we need to get the ball to the partner of Forster from goal kicks and so on. . :(

Like the Yeovil keeper who i believe is on loan. His kicks were phenominal and went direct, none of these kuipers loopers with loadsa back spin

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quick question 1 - if Wilkins is that bad then presumably the managers of the TWELVE, yes TWELVE clubs, below us should also go. Because they're worse.

Either that or you miserable gits are seeing big problems when there are none. We're mid-table. About where I'd put us considering everything.

Quick question 2 - at what point will you all be happy, or is that something that will never happen. Miserable gits.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I always aspire for more than mediocre, if you are happy with medicore thats fine but I want more

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quick question 2 - at what point will you all be happy, or is that something that will never happen. Miserable gits.

When we come out playing like the home team in a home game for 3 games on the trot.

I actually don't care that much if we lose as long as we give 90 mins of full blooded effort, do you really think that we did that today?

I don't expect promotion, although a challenge would be a bonus I just feel really shortchanged on today's perfomance, if that makes me a miserable git then so be it.

Last edited:

He needs to stop blaming everybody else-he's the manager and the buck stops with him.

Last week-90 minutes of football and how many shots did we have? I was there and don't remember their goalkeeper being tested at all. This week-first 45 minutes and we're 2 nil down, our tactic? Hoof hoof hoof and frigging hoof. Pretty clueless 45 minutes of football which was awful to watch.

This time last year the knives were out for McGhee. It won't be long before the same happens to Wilkins. You can't manage and motivate your team sitting in the Directors' box FFS. Get your ass down to the dugout and forget about having phone sex with Dean White during the game. We need a manager who can manage from the touchline-use your chief scout to sit in the stands and pass details down to the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here