Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins, FFS!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must agree Hammond is not firing at the mo apart from netting the pens weve been awarded.We still need a midfield playmaker

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've been a Wilkins fan all along. I think we have really talented bunch of players but I am now getting concerned at the lack of 'bottle' and ambition.

We should be flying at teams and taking them apart. Instead, we play with fear and worry of what they can do.

Gillingham, last week, were down and out and ripe for a thrashing. Yeovil had many players out and were also worried about their prospects. in the event, we do nothing. Pointless.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've been a Wilkins fan all along. I think we have really talented bunch of players but I am now getting concerned at the lack of 'bottle' and ambition.

We should be flying at teams and taking them apart. Instead, we play with fear and worry of what they can do.

Gillingham, last week, were down and out and ripe for a thrashing. Yeovil had many players out and were also worried about their prospects. in the event, we do nothing. Pointless.
Sums up my feelings also. I just can't understand it. Would've preferred Robinson to Martot as he has not impressed me at all - but one player shouldn't make that much difference.

Starting to worry. :( We have a decent side now on paper, but this performance and Gillingham was like last season. And if it continues then it has to be down to the management. Also with Swansea away next I'm worried this could turn into a losing run like last season.

Prove me wrong Brighton. :nono:

I thought Richards was ok though, I must be the only one.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007

Hmmm.
I was very surprised, by the amount of times he sliced it/skyed it.

Certainly something I wouldn't expect from someone who has played in the championship.

I think he is better than what we saw today and hopefully over the next few weeks, he can prove that. :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah, there were a few "Mayo moments", but then Whing has those sometimes as well. Didn't think much got past him defensively at least.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just a couple of observations.
Who is keeping Richards out of the Ipswich side?
In regards to loanees getting straight into the team, i seem to recall Larry boyd having a few loan players who never made the team!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Richards started very shaky, but improved as the game progressed.

He's only been here a day, give the guy a chance ffs!

Even at his poorest today he was better than Mayo :)

If we go on another 5-6 game losing run it think Wendy should be ousted because he obviously hasn't learnt anything from last season

Hard to disagree with that. He's had a full pre-season, added some players, bought some loanees in to strengthen the squad for a while and we haven't progressed. Moments of some attractive football but that alone doesn't win games. Hard work and determination wins more games than farting about around the half way line playing triangles.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Also with Swansea away next I'm worried this could turn into a losing run like last season.

having already seen swansea this season, if we sit back and defend or play long ball stuff, we will be massacred

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Sums up my feelings also. I just can't understand it. Would've preferred Robinson to Martot as he has not impressed me at all - but one player shouldn't make that much difference.

Starting to worry. :( We have a decent side now on paper, but this performance and Gillingham was like last season. And if it continues then it has to be down to the management. Also with Swansea away next I'm worried this could turn into a losing run like last season.

Prove me wrong Brighton. :nono:

Although Robinson has shown determination when coming off the bench, I fear he is the type of player to get lazy if getting an extended run in the team. Maybe alternate Martot and Robinson, 45 minutes each. one starting one week, one the next.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Wilkins is a nice guy, he is a good coach, he is Albion through and through, but he is not a manager. How many six-match losing streaks must we endure before Dick Knight realises that? There's not much wrong with the team that a competent manager could not put right. Wilkins couldn't motivate a sex-starved erotomaniac to get his leg over in Hove's Hive of Honeys.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
hitting a long ball for Baz to know down for forster in the 1st half was poor considering their defenders, when Jake came on and rang at yeovil we looked better. Wilkins is stubborn and looks out of his depth as our manager.

Positives - O callagahan and Sussex CCC

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Wilkins is a nice guy, he is a good coach, he is Albion through and through, but he is not a manager. How many six-match losing streaks must we endure before Dick Knight realises that? There's not much wrong with the team that a competent manager could not put right. Wilkins couldn't motivate a sex-starved erotomaniac to get his leg over in Hove's Hive of Honeys.

Spot on!

We need a motivator, not a nice guy.

Nicked this from the Arsegas website:

"The thing that is slightly worrying is that when we have a bad spell we concede a goal and when we have a good spell we find it very difficult to score."

Very alarming when it's your manager saying stuff like that. It's not exactly inspiring.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Example; Liverpool in the 1970's would buy a new player for loads, then play him in the reserves for 2 months "to make him a Liverpool player".

That's not really relevant when discussing a player broght in on a ONE MONTH loan to cover a specific injury (Lynch's fracture).

Fork Me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here