Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins Fault - Again

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we bossed that game , then on 75 mins leeds started to get into it...........this was time for a change !!!! we didn't and conceded.

Manager let the team down today

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't there a rule where we can only make substitutions when we are losing?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We definitely needed substitutions with 20 minutes to go. As I have just posted on HB&B's thread, we had run out of ideas by then.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The manager is paid to make decisions. Wilkins' decision was to be indecisive and not to make a decision. His decision not to make a decision ultimately cost us the match. The most inept managerial performance since that clown McClaren against Russia. Like El Abd Wilkins is woefully out of his depth at this level. However, he is the best that we can afford at the moment.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If we're assigning blame here, I would have thought El-Abd gifting them a goal and the strikers wasting good opportunity after good opportunity would have been higher than the manager's sub decisions. But anway, carry on....

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
benitez did the same with gerrard,took him off,noone could beleive it,but they won the game

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If we're assigning blame here, I would have thought El-Abd gifting them a goal and the strikers wasting good opportunity after good opportunity would have been higher than the manager's sub decisions. But anway, carry on....
Well, you are always guaranteed at least one cock up per game from Adam El-Bramble and as for Robinson & Revell, I know I will get it in the neck here but they are NOT a good enough strike pairing for this division.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
The manager is paid to make decisions. Wilkins' decision was to be indecisive and not to make a decision. His decision not to make a decision ultimately cost us the match. The most inept managerial performance since that clown McClaren against Russia. Like El Abd Wilkins is woefully out of his depth at this level. However, he is the best that we can afford at the moment.

And last week his decision to bring on Elder paid off as it led to the winning goal.

Sometimes managers make mistakes and sometimes they get the decisions right. Now I wasn't there yesterday but the general impression I've got is that we've dominated against the best side in the division and unfortunately have come away with nothing. So lets give the manager credit for the fact we've at least matched them throughout the 90 minutes. Of course Wilkins could have done things differentely with the substitutions, it's all if's and but's though. What if he had made the subs say, 20 minutes earlier and they had no effect whatsoever? I bet a few would be saying he made the wrong decision in bringing them on.

But like I've said, all if's and buts. It just wasn't our day. Well done to the lads for giving it their best anyhow.

:albion2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:rant::rant::rant::rant:

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH

Why do you all come out the woodwork, the instant we lose (and lose to the team that'll probably win the league). We did enough for a credible draw and possible win yesterday. Luck wasn't with us and one bad error cost us the game.

We're top half of the table and looking pretty good at the back. We also played without aour flairest player.

Wilkins is doing a great job considreing the resources, the finances, the squad and the moany gits who they play in front of every week in that crappy stadium.

WILKINS STAYS.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So lets give the manager credit for the fact we've at least matched them throughout the 90 minutes.

That's the whole point though. We didn't match them for 90 minutes. It was fairly obvious to most that were there, that after 70 mins they were getting the upper hand.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Last week we won when we didn't deserve to at Vale, and this week we lost when a draw would have been a fair result.

With the budget we have, the Albion are where they deserve to be, and blaming Wilkins/McGhee/DK/El Abd etc is not going to chase that one iota.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Last week we won when we didn't deserve to at Vale, and this week we lost when a draw would have been a fair result.

With the budget we have, the Albion are where they deserve to be, and blaming Wilkins/McGhee/DK/El Abd etc is not going to chase that one iota.

Agree completely.

There must come a point when people look at the number of managers that we've had in the last 10 years and realise that perhaps it's not the manager that's the root of our problems but perhaps something else.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Agree completely.

There must come a point when people look at the number of managers that we've had in the last 10 years and realise that perhaps it's not the manager that's the root of our problems but perhaps something else.
How dare you blame Dick Knight & Martin Perry :ohmy: :lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
That's the whole point though. We didn't match them for 90 minutes. It was fairly obvious to most that were there, that after 70 mins they were getting the upper hand.
what a few soft crosses in to the box is getting the upper hand?

apart from the beckford/kandol header dont remember to much to worry about

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what a few soft crosses in to the box is getting the upper hand?

apart from the beckford/kandol header dont remember to much to worry about

Must disagree, I thought in the last 20 minutes it looked inevitable that Leeds would score as they were pushing us back further and further and I think Wilkins thought so to, because Butters was up ready to go on and when they scored he put his coat on and sat down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness to Wilkins, who I dont think is up to the job, he doesnt appear to get much help from the other 2 clowns on the bench but then I may be wrong. Neither Wilkins White nor Chapman have had managerial experience at this level and I think that it shows and that we desperately need to bring in an experienced man to either help Wilkins or replace him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wilkins was happy with the draw so that is why he was not pro-active but in doing nothing he handed Leeds the initiative.
Hes a bad boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here