Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why was Fab sent off?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Improper manner?
Picking your nose and flicking it is improper, but I don't ever know anyone that has been charged with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it a lesser charge?
Yes. Nuno has also been charged with abusive language, whereas Fab has been charged solely with improper conduct
(whatever that is).

Both Nuno and Hurzeler are charged with acting in an improper manner, with the Portuguese also alleged to have used abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official.

The general reaction of St Pauli fans is how has it taken him so long

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So Fab didn’t use foul/abusive language & didn’t physically hurt anyone, so got sent off for what? Waving his arms?
Didn't he walk on to the pitch or something?

Like said previously in the thread, I think they sent him off to calm Nottingham down. They were deeply unhappy for whatever reason, got people sent off and got even madder, and then you kind of subconsciously do something "fair" in the other direction as a pure psychological thing. Our players were screaming for a red and their players were angry as f*** and... you know, there's a certain pressure to not letting Brighton go "unscathered" out of the thing where Nottingham got two people (MGW and Nuno) sent off.

Fabian might have walked too close to the playing area or said the tiniest thing wrong and it was convenient to cut his head off. Maybe not the worst thing as otherwise our players could have been walking a thin line.

Anyway, if he gets banned for a game or two... its not a big thing. If not 90% of your job is already done by the game starts, you're f***ed anyway. Was never a problem when Potter was MIA and never with RDZ either, it still was what it was, with our big balls and spaghetti football. Anyone could clown around on the sideline for a week or two, no biggie.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So Arteta can spend almost entire games outside his technical area parading down the touchline and nothing happens, but Hurzeler steps a yard on to the pitch to talk to one of his players when the ball is dead and has the book thrown at him?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anyway, if he gets banned for a game or two... its not a big thing. If not 90% of your job is already done by the game starts, you're f***ed anyway. Was never a problem when Potter was MIA and never with RDZ either, it still was what it was, with our big balls and spaghetti football. Anyone could clown around on the sideline for a week or two, no biggie.
He’ll wear it like a badge I suspect - so yes, no biggie.

He wasn’t shy about coming forward at St Pauli and admitted to needing to work on his discipline - he was booked 7 times last season and was sent off on a second yellow during the German equivalent to the FA cup in their quarter final against Dusseldorf in January - they still finished top of B2. Had a reputation for being a bit of a ‘hot head’ at SPFC.

(If I remember rightly, we played rather well with RDZ conducting the game via mobile from the West Stand terraces)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
So Arteta can spend almost entire games outside his technical area parading down the touchline and nothing happens, but Hurzeler steps a yard on to the pitch to talk to one of his players when the ball is dead and has the book thrown at him?
If I were the club I'd appeal it and I'd use any video of any Arsenal match in the last 24 months as exhibit A

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s the context and timing though - he did it when it was all kicking off.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Was it forest who had a "referee consultant" person (can't remember who it was) last season? Due to their utter conviction that they were being treated so appallingly by the refereeing mafia? And has this had a subconscious effect on refs, causing a certain reluctance to do anything that might be interpreted at "victimisation" or "big team bias" with the inevitable ensuing whining and whinging? Is this why Saturday's ref initially didn't book their player, and only did so after the 4th official intervened? And why Fab was booked for standing in the wrong place and getting a bit annoyed? Have our club moaned about the red card? I don't know, but I hope not. It might not be "fair", but at the end of the day maybe it would just be a bit more dignified to accept what it is and move on. I wouldn't like us to become one of those whiny clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our players were screaming for a red and their players were angry as f*** and... you know, there's a certain pressure to not letting Brighton go "unscathered" out of the thing where Nottingham got two people (MGW and Nuno) sent off.

We didn't go 'unscathered' or unscathed, Pedro got wiped out.

If your guess is correct, then refereeing is worse than I thought, and I thought it was f***ing atrocious.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Was it forest who had a "referee consultant" person (can't remember who it was) last season? Due to their utter conviction that they were being treated so appallingly by the refereeing mafia? And has this had a subconscious effect on refs, causing a certain reluctance to do anything that might be interpreted at "victimisation" or "big team bias" with the inevitable ensuing whining and whinging? Is this why Saturday's ref initially didn't book their player, and only did so after the 4th official intervened? And why Fab was booked for standing in the wrong place and getting a bit annoyed? Have our club moaned about the red card? I don't know, but I hope not. It might not be "fair", but at the end of the day maybe it would just be a bit more dignified to accept what it is and move on. I wouldn't like us to become one of those whiny clubs.
Childish I know but I'd like them to appeal taking with them a 2 hour video of Arteta encroaching, moaning at the ref constantly and inflaming every situation and getting no punishment and then when the panel think it's over, bring out another one with Pep going bananas and again receiving no punishment and then, when they get up to leave bring PBOBE in to deliver the final sermon.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Any Prem manager who walks onto the pitch will get a red card. The dictate from the PGMOL suits'. Shame it's only happened to Fabian. As it was their player sent off, naively can't think of a reason why he should use foul language to the ref ? Talking of whom, I hope his assessor noted how crap he was !
Plus the ball was dead at the time, he was talking to Dunk.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Correct

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clattenberg. Didn’t last long.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
They should take lots of footage from our game with arsenal. Stepping a yard on the pitch is no where near as bad as standing g on the touchline as an opponent dribbles down the line. I am convinced Mitoma was going to go down the line until he cut in to avoid the bloke blocking his path and was tackled.

Attachments

• IMG_2865.jpeg
    IMG_2865.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 94

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here