Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why was Fab sent off?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Will be interesting to see what action, if any, is taken against Nuno and Gibbs-White. The former clearly screaming 'f***ing ****' at the ref repeatedly and the latter absolutely losing it with the officials and appearing to offer a punch up in the tunnel to our manager?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Isn't it the case that it's the manager that is sent off if the general bench misbehave? That is - they are the ones 'responsible' for controlling the staff. Maybe we should be looking at what the rest did, not just the manager(s)?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've just watched the whole incident again and Fab seems fairly calm whenever he is in shot as do his assistants. No evidence of shouting and swearing unlike Nuno and the Forest ratboy, both of whom were in the faces of the officials wagging fingers and shouting abuse. The coverage didn't show Fab immediately after the tackle though so maybe that's when his "transgression" occurred, likely telling ratboy what he thought of his tackle. If I was Fab and I was only a few yards away when ratboy nearly snapped JP's leg followed by Jones saying he got the ball I might have said a few choice words in a slightly elevated tone.
As for the tackle itself, he did make contact with the ball but his foot slid up over the top of the ball and got JPs legs in a scissor action with the other foot. A red card tackle imo.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Noticed also that Fab had the presence of mind to pass a message off to Crofty and Dunky. He did this straight away rather than pointlessly standing there arguing
Out of interest, if a Manager gets red carded, are they still allowed to hold the post match interviews?

I note Rui Pedro Silva stood in for Santo (and we had Crofty obviously) so just wondered whether ot was a thing or managers just prefer not to. I can’t remember if RDZ did post-red card interviews - I know Crofty stood in for a few and Lallana at the Bournemouth away last season.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
In my humble opinion from the get go the ref , ruined the game yesterday. Don't know if anyone else heard it, but pretty sure I heard the Forest 'supporters' singing "Rob Jones, he's one of our own" ?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Out of interest, if a Manager gets red carded, are they still allowed to hold the post match interviews?

I note Rui Pedro Silva stood in for Santo (and we had Crofty obviously) so just wondered whether ot was a thing or managers just prefer not to. I can’t remember if RDZ did post-red card interviews - I know Crofty stood in for a few and Lallana at the Bournemouth away last season.

Never mind.

Found the answer to my own question which was as I thought:

”… managers may [also] complete pre and post-match media duties, even if several of them can't stand it. However, they can not do a touchline interview as the rules outline that coaches are not allowed to be pitchside two hours before or after.”

Guess who you see at the top of the page when you open the link to the article quoted :lol:

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
In my humble opinion from the get go the ref , ruined the game yesterday. Don't know if anyone else heard it, but pretty sure I heard the Forest 'supporters' singing "Rob Jones, he's one of our own" ?
Don’t think so. The Forest forum where worried when the ref was announced.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was that before or after their player got a second yellow?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1727122966944.png

Didn't see any of this.

Kicking things (a water bottle) should be a yellow though.
1727123076511.png

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
They did - after a stadium chorus of “you’re not fit to referee.” Thought theirs was a funny response👏

Ps. Forest thought he was poor too

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I doubt it. Looking on Wikipedia (I know) Forest have made official complaints to Howard Webb about him, and seem to have been on the end of some awful decisions in various defeats.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I doubt it. Looking on Wikipedia (I know) Forest have made official complaints to Howard Webb about him, and seem to have been on the end of some awful decisions in various defeats.
Meh, they can shut up like all other ref moaners including ours.

If the ref makes a couple of bad calls, teams will simply have to use the 55-60 minutes of effective game time to put the ball in the opposition net. In every game every player makes a thousand decisions on where to move, how to play, what run to make - everything. These decisions are the important ones. The handful of bad decisions a ref will make in any game is a poor excuse not to win a game.

Forest are tinpot though and have spent more of the last few years whining about refs than they've done developing their football. Its a good way of getting absolutely nowhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here