Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why was Fab sent off?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In my humble opinion from the get go the ref , ruined the game yesterday. Don't know if anyone else heard it, but pretty sure I heard the Forest 'supporters' singing "Rob Jones, he's one of our own" ?
Fairly sure it was "It's all about me, it's all about me, Rob Jones, it's all about me"

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Forest don't like Rob Jones. At all. Ironic, as that probably played into them getting every 50/50 decision going their way in the 1st half.

Irrelevant really in this incident as Rob Jones had immediately ruled in Forest’s favour initially - saying Gibbs-White won the tackle and called for a throw.

It was Anthony Taylor acting as the 4th official from pitchside) that overrode Jones’ call (which is why it kicked off in the technical area/touchline ). AT would have been seeing the incident from the opposite angle to Jones.

Anthony Taylor was removed from refereeing duties this weekend ( edit pending investigation into last week match between Chelsea Bournemouth) - both Brighton and Notts are facing further investigation. As far him giving Santo a red card, it is a no brainer I would have thought but Hürzeler’s red card is controversial to say the least.

Doesn’t change the incompetency of the initial refereeing from Jones though - it should have been an immediate yelloe or even a straight red.

Premier League clubs call for refs to be banned on a frequent basis - it doesn’t take much googling to find some club or other asking for a particular ref to be banned/demoted.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Irrelevant really in this incident as Rob Jones had immediately ruled in Forest’s favour initially - saying Gibbs-White won the tackle and called for a throw.

It was Andrew Taylor acting as the 4th official from pitchside that overrode Jones’ call (which is why it kicked off in the technical area/touchline ). AT would have been seeing the incident from the opposite angle to Jones.

Doesn’t change the incompetency of the initial refereeing from Jones though - it should have been an immediate yelloe or even a straight red.

Premier League clubs call for refs to be banned on a frequent basis - it doesn’t take much googling to find some club or other asking for a particular ref to be banned/demoted.
Yup, happens a lot more than refs publicly call out players and managers to get banned for trying to cheat in every possible situation and bringing both the game and refs into disrepute.

f*** the ref moaners.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've no time for managers who send out their players to dive and cheat then complain that a decision has gone against them.

But I think the standard of officiating isn't that high. The World cup or Euros ones all seem to be a lot better

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Feel sorry for Fab. Cutting to the chase, he was just losing his shit like the rest of us in the ground because the referee didn't book Gibbs-White, despite recklessly going straight through Pedro and injuring him!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I've no time for managers who send out their players to dive and cheat then complain that a decision has gone against them.

But I think the standard of officiating isn't that high. The World cup or Euros ones all seem to be a lot better
The standard is low because everyone wants it to be low.

Refs in England should go on a strike.

Every team in the league: "Ok boys, lets dive, feign injuries, kick the ball away, kick the living shit out of their best player and intimidate the ref any time you can".

Ref: *makes a mistake or two*

Every team in the league: "The refs are a DISGRACE!!!"

ZERO self-criticism.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The standard is low because everyone wants it to be low.

Refs in England should go on a strike.

Every team in the league: "Ok boys, lets dive, feign injuries, kick the ball away, kick the living shit out of their best player and intimidate the ref any time you can".

Ref: *makes a mistake or two*

Every team in the league: "The refs are a DISGRACE!!!"

ZERO self-criticism.
I am wondering why you waste your time following a PL team, if you can’t get on board slagging off refs! :smile:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

It was Andrew Taylor acting as the 4th official from pitchside) that overrode Jones’ call (which is why it kicked off in the technical area/touchline ). AT would have been seeing the incident from the opposite angle to Jones.

Andrew Taylor has been removed from duty apparently pending an investigation into the red cards given to the managers. As far him giving Santo a red card, it is a no brainer I would have thought but Hürzeler’s red card is controversial to say the least.

Where did you see that Anthony Taylor (bald prick) has been stood down pending an investigation into the managers' red cards?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If they are decent then not a problem, the ref against Ipswich was actually alright and fair and made some good calls, Sunday was atrocious
They have to live up to the supporter definition of decent in that case, which is "pefect/near perfect".

If you read old fanzines and media, you'll see endless moaning about every f***ing ref that has ever walked this planet. Always been the case. What does that indicate? That every person who has ever refereed "isn't decent", or that people are idiots with unreal expectations?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Where did you see that Anthony Taylor (bald prick) has been stood down pending an investigation into the managers' red cards?

I can’t see anything about him being taken off duty pending an investigation into the red cards given in our game against Forest.

However he was taken off refereeing duties for the weekend following online abuse he received after the Chelsea vs Bournemouth match.

SkirlieWirlie

Jan 6, 2024

It was Andrew Taylor acting as the 4th official from pitchside) that overrode Jones’ call (which is why it kicked off in the technical area/touchline ). AT would have been seeing the incident from the opposite angle to Jones.

Andrew Taylor has been removed from duty apparently pending an investigation into the red cards given to the managers. As far him giving Santo a red card, it is a no brainer I would have thought but Hürzeler’s red card is controversial to say the least.

Ah, makes perfect sense now thank you. Some random imposter pretending to be a fourth official. No wonder NooNoo kicked off if Andrew made the Ref change the decision 😂

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Sorry post edited - I was speed reading some background before work and misread a report also brain farted Taylor’s name 🙄.

He was already stood-down from refereeing duties this weekend because of the controversy at Bournemouth last weekend ( 14 yellow cards + 2 for coaches) hence the 4th Official role.

Thanks for the FACT CHECK

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here