Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why The Steward bashing

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I feel some of the stewards both on here and at Withdean need to take note of this;

http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/publications/GuidetoSafetyatSportsGrounds.pdf

4.10 c says:

c. Stewards are not employed, hired or contracted to watch the event. They should at all times concentrate on their duties and responsibilities.

d. Stewards should never:

i. wear clothing that may appear partisan or may cause offence while on duty

ii. celebrate or show extreme reaction to the event

iii. eat, drink or smoke in view of the public

So not only are the stewards that watch the game and drink hot drinks, whilst they meant to be working, essentially do not give the club value for money, but in fact they are breaking the rules.

So please do your jobs properly.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I feel some of the stewards both on here and at Withdean need to take note of this;

http://www.culture.gov.uk/images/publications/GuidetoSafetyatSportsGrounds.pdf

4.10 c says:

c. Stewards are not employed, hired or contracted to watch the event. They should at all times concentrate on their duties and responsibilities.

d. Stewards should never:

i. wear clothing that may appear partisan or may cause offence while on duty

ii. celebrate or show extreme reaction to the event

iii. eat, drink or smoke in view of the public

So not only are the stewards that watch the game and drink hot drinks, whilst they meant to be working, essentially do not give the club value for money, but in fact they are breaking the rules.

So please do your jobs properly.

good find.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt there something in there about 1 steward per 250 fans or something like that??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Train them all you like, if it really kicked off there would be f*** all they could do. They couldn't even control a friendly pitch invasion.

As for pointing out that 75% are SIA licenced, that is no validation of ability. I have my SIA Door Supervisors licence and I can honestly say any moron could pass that exam. And many have. £350 of my money down the pan taking that exam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here