Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the HELL is the joke thread locked?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
agreed, freedom of speech ring any bells???

Yes, but freedom of speech doesn't give you a license to say whatever you want.

I can see why any jokes about his death, that suggest he was a paedophile, are beyond what a moderator would accept as OK on this forum.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've no idea what has gone on, having just got in from a night out.

But one thing is clear:

No-one is entitled to complete freedom of speech on NSC. So stop all this "freedom of speech" shit. If you want freedom of speech, you probably need to have your own forum for that purpose.

Thank you and good night.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I've no idea what has gone on, having just got in from a night out.

But one thing is clear:

No-one is entitled to complete freedom of speech on NSC. So stop all this "freedom of speech" shit. If you want freedom of speech, you probably need to have your own forum for that purpose.

Thank you and good night.

And why don't we have freedom of speech??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And why don't we have freedom of speech??

Because I say so.

As I say - start your own forum if you want to say whatever you want when you want.

When you do so, when the legal challenges start rolling in, perhaps you will also then consider that a degree of moderation is, at times, appropriate.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes it does. That's why it's not called censorship of speech.

You do have freedom of speech, but it's not a license to say whatever you want.

Just like you can pass your driving test, but it's not a license to drive whichever direction you want on any road.

You have rights, but you have to exercise them responsibly.

Just like you can pass your driving test, but it's not a license to drive whichever direction you want on any road.

You have rights, but you have to exercise them responsibly.

Just like you can record events with restricted rights, but that does not give you a licence to broadcast them over the internet :laugh:

Congratulations on your 1000th post, BTW.:dance:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just like you can record events with restricted rights, but that does not give you a licence to broadcast them over the internet :laugh:

Congratulations on your 1000th post, BTW.:dance:

heeheee :lol:

These analogies are crap. As pointed out, there's not freedom of speech on this board because the owner makes the rules (fair enough) but the right to free speech isn't licensed. It's a given. You just have to accept the consequences of it.

Fortunately, the dead can't sue for libel.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Which retarded moderator is at it tonight?

A common form of getting over the feeling of sadness from tragic events is to have jokes go around about it.

This board will be FLOODED with them tomorrow, might as well have them on one thread rather than clogging up the tribute ones.

I know a LOT of people on here think i'm a wanker, but you'll find the majority agree with me on this one. You haven't got a f***ing clue what you're doing.

:thumbsup:

Oh I think we do know what we are doing, and the personal insults (to all moderators who are also members) wont do your cause any good.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The one thing I have noticed about NSC moderation is that it is often linked to the poster rather than the content.

Note that this thread is still active - jacko jokes - North Stand Chat
It's the more recent Jacko Jokes thread which has a few of the more 'established' posters contributing if my link doesn't work.

And this comment seems to go uncensored -
Apparently he melted

Abuse of members often leads to a ban for some yet you often get Hiney launching into a tirade of abuse when he deems someone is being overly negative to the club after a defeat and I'm sure I saw LB referring to Nibble as an arsehole in a thread recently.

But, as the owner says, whose ball it is - take it or leave it

I mostly leave it with regards to posting now a days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here