Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why shouldn't I vote for the Tories?

They majority of both of them are private schoolboys who are in it to keep themselves in power and rich. Tell me how can they represent the people in Britain if they are from a very select section of British society? They may go about the details differently but the outcome will be the same: the rich get richer, the rest get poorer and the next set of public schoolboys will take over the baton to oppress, sorry govern, the next generation.
What we need is a party which consists of people from all areas of British society so that it can actually speak for the people they represent!
At least Miliband went to a comprehensive school.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Vote for whoever you want. I doubt anyone on an internet message board will be able to convince you either way.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Tell me how can they represent the people in Britain if they are from a very select section of British society?

Tell me why does their school mean that they cannot represent people? What lesson do private schools miss out that leaves people unprepared to represent people?

Did any of us chose our secondary school? Why can a person not be judged on the outcome from the school rather than the school itself?

The problem is not the party leaders' educations, it is your own bigotry.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I do chuckle when the blame game kicks in, Tories blaming labour for the financial crash, the left blaming everything on the rich and then ultimately right back to Thatcher , who apparently started the whole thing!
In modern day football terms it's like an " assist", when you can eventually trace all those passes back to the "lad" Thatcher who kicked off.
I'd like to see the day when on PMQ's an opposition leader stands up and agrees with the opposite party about a policy that is for the good of the people of this country and not the polar opposite for the sake of votes and just for the sake of opposition.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How is the NHS in Wales i Believe it run by Labour ! We will need to continue to keep putting money into the NHS as we discovery new cures and increasing population and increasing ageing population ( WSU ) But it's not just money it's how we organise this massive organisation its not easy . I salute our workers in the NHS.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tell me why does their school mean that they cannot represent people? What lesson do private schools miss out that leaves people unprepared to represent people?

Did any of us chose our secondary school? Why can a person not be judged on the outcome from the school rather than the school itself?

Errr .... yes, I did. That said I agree with your point entirely.

D

Deleted member 22389

Get on my nerves with the current political parties, if we get in we will do this. Not one political party has made a single effort to promote manufacturing in this country for so many years. How about turning the focus to building industrial estates and helping manufacturing companies get on their feet, re-invest in mechanical engineers and our young people, and bring the focus to buying our own goods.

Makes me sick when I see them celebrating the fact that the largest container ship arrives in the UK stacked high of electronic and electric goods, shame we are not celebrating the fact this container ship is going to other way full of our own goods.

Don't care how much they go on about this so called great economy, great economy in what? Someone please tell me. Our economy is just about buying things, not making things. I know we can't turn the clock back to old days but we can certainly do a lot better than what we are doing.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
..because you're not a part of the richest 1% in the country that the Tories look out for?

Because the last Labour government made everyone so much better off financially!!!!. They inherited a strong economy from the Tories in 1997 and then handed it back in 2010 with the county on the brink of economic collapse. Labour have demonstrated that they can't be trusted with the British economy. I can't think of one time when they have been in power in the last 50 years that there has not been huge financial problems cause by there economic mismanagement.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because the last Labour government made everyone so much better off financially!!!!. They inherited a strong economy from the Tories in 1997 and then handed it back in 2010 with the county on the brink of economic collapse. Labour have demonstrated that they can't be trusted with the British economy. I can't think of one time when they have been in power in the last 50 years that there has not been huge financial problems cause by there economic mismanagement.

You seem to have forgotten that right up to the global meltdown, the deficit was, as a percentage of GDP, relatively stable and below 40%, less than during Major's government. Furthermore, can you explain exactly what the Tories would have done to a) prevent Global meltdown of economies and, failing that, b) how they would have handled the crisis differently and what the repercussions of that would have been. If you want to isolate facts without looking at the bigger picture, we can argue that national debt has risen from £0.76 Trillion in 2010 to an expected £1.36 Trillion in 2015.

In 2010, the Tories inherited an economy that was in recovery but they successfully turned that around.

ukgs_chart4p03.png

I think your opening line pretty much sums it up. It seems to you it is all about you being better of financially rather than society as a whole.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Absolutely right.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do chuckle when the blame game kicks in, Tories blaming labour for the financial crash, the left blaming everything on the rich and then ultimately right back to Thatcher , who apparently started the whole thing!
In modern day football terms it's like an " assist", when you can eventually trace all those passes back to the "lad" Thatcher who kicked off.
I'd like to see the day when on PMQ's an opposition leader stands up and agrees with the opposite party about a policy that is for the good of the people of this country and not the polar opposite for the sake of votes and just for the sake of opposition.

Or a Prime Minister that answers a question from the opposition without resorting to personal abuse.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Seems about right.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I would like to ask all the potential Labour voters if they can honestly see Milliband as Prime Minister of this country.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Torres has been poor all year. Having said that Ronaldo has already won the Ballon D'or and I don;t think the general public could have voted anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here