Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why shouldn't I vote for the Tories?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Did gorden brown put public money into privatised hospitals that just happened to be owned by people eho also bought peerages from mr brown? Personally I think both parties are out of touch and out for themselves, dont think there is any choice

Yes the scumbag did, however the spinless one is old labour, GB was new labour.

Before we get into this btw, i'm not a 'labour voter' traditionally. Although i'm still open minded this time around.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The Labour Party launched an attack on the chief executive of high street chemists Boots today. after he claimed it would be a 'catastrophe' if Ed Miliband became Prime Minister.
Stefano Pessina said the Labour leader's plans were 'not helpful for business, not helpful for the country and in the end it probably won't be helpful for them'. Another reason not to vote Milliband

Or rather, it's a good reason not to shop at Boots.
Not quite clear why we in the UK should take electoral advice from a tax-avoiding Italian millionaire who lives in Monaco.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
"Pride" and "self-respect" would do it for me.
Certainly keeps me from voting Republican in our forays into democracy.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
To be fair there is barely any difference between Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dems. They are all part of the privately educated clique who only got where they are due to being born into privilege. We really do need some new parties to emerge. And, no, I don't mean UKIP or the Greens.

Anyone who seriously thinks that there's no difference between Labour and the Tories in the forthcoming election really hasn't been paying attention....
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/feb/01/general-election-voters-size-of-state-uk-spending

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
if this well worn notion were true why do at least 30% of the voting electorate back them?

Because a huge amount of people have no idea of the Party's manifesto but will vote based on who they think they should vote for, who they've historically voted for, who their family tell them they should vote for or even which candidate they find most attractive. There's not a lot of thought goes into who they should vote for.
A news team should go out with a camera and ask people the reason for their voting choices and report on all. I think the results would tell a lot.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyhow i give to you the 'Privatisation of the NHS'.

What has happened to the NHS under both the Tories and Labour can be argued as good or bad but the one thing it isn't is privatisation.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
What has happened to the NHS under both the Tories and Labour can be argued as good or bad but the one thing it isn't is privatisation.

You are of course quite right, my point is in the next 4 years under a Tory government.

Add TTIP (which the tories support) to the mix, and we'll be being run by corporations rather than elected bods.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You are of course quite right, my point is in the next 4 years under a Tory government.

Add TTIP (which the tories support) to the mix, and we'll be being run by corporations rather than elected bods.

Exactly which bits of the NHS are the Tories planning of selling off ?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Good grief :facepalm: - that isn't privatisation. It doesn't matter how many times Labour and the left leaning press use the word, they are using it incorrectly.

However TTIP would open up the NHS for complete privatisation.
On a side note, that bloke that criticized Miliband, the Boots guy from Monaco, i wonder if he has any interest in this?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My mother is standing for election for the first time this year for Labour in the St Peters and North Laine ward. She's not been privately educated or looking for financial gain by standing, and, my i add, she's not in the continuously bamboozled state her second son, me, is. She's a thoroughly good person, never rash and endlessly caring and hard working. She's a good reason not to vote Tory. Along with the horrendous mess the current lot, sickeningly with the puny aid of the Lib Dems, have made of the NHS and social care.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or rather, it's a good reason not to shop at Boots.
Not quite clear why we in the UK should take electoral advice from a tax-avoiding Italian millionaire who lives in Monaco.

And a company owned by a USA company

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Exactly which bits of the NHS are the Tories planning of selling off ?

They haven't let me know yet, but DC said he'd gimme a bell next week...

Are you suggesting the under this government and previous governments the tories haven't sold off public infrastructure?
Last thing was the post office, which they undervalued IIRC?

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but it does tend to massage the wealth upwards.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

You were like many others in your 20s in thinking it's cool to vote labour but by the time you get to 40,50,60 you join the higher & higher percentages voting Tory in every single higher age bracket. The young are stupid and vocal, it's now time go grow up. Vote Tory

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

Well the reason I'll be voting against the Tories is that Cameron is way, way too Eurosceptic for me.

His ridiculous manufactured spats with Europe make me want to hurl to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here