Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why not ban every bleedin' thing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Apologies for bouncing this MONGFEST of a thread, but a thought occured to me today, and it's that throughout my 28 short years I have never, ever encountered a foreigner of ANY denomination expressing their dislike / outrage / offence towards Christmas.

Each passing year I've seen these stories wheeled out, it has only ever been WHITE people behind moves to make Christmas inoffensive. The problem is not with FOREIGNERS trying to change England's culture, it's with BRITISH people.

Anyone with half a brain knows the culture of the UK won't change becuase some PC DICKS try to make it, so the people who get so OUTRAGED becuase that's what they think is happening just need to get in contact with said PC GOONS and express their worries. Spouting CACK about ASIANS and BLACKS on an internet messageboard is pathetic really.
What he said, ten times over.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why not ban every bleedin' thing

London Calling said:
But none of the political parties are saying don't celebrate XMAS, so its not politica correctness at all.

Just bosses who are either:

tight,
stupid
stupid and tight
wankers.

saddly it does happen and not for tightness. Certain middle class types fear offending anyone. in the public/local government/charity sectors in particular theres a lot of this crap. there truly is a fear that a non christian will complain that the decorations are offensive, and indeed there is the very real probability that some stirring trouble maker will take offense.

though I generally have always worked in the public, voluntary sectors, its never been an issue. Yes you get a white middle class goon, who sprouts every right on bollocks. But generally they also live in the sticks or some nice middle enclave of London. And never come into contact with local people, whether they are black, white, asian, turkish, hindu, moslem or jewish.

XMas decorations in our area get put up by the locals in November, so why would they be offended by festive decorations, being put up a few weeks later.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
London Calling said:
though I generally have always worked in the public, voluntary sectors, its never been an issue. Yes you get a white middle class goon, who sprouts every right on bollocks. But generally they also live in the sticks or some nice middle enclave of London. And never come into contact with local people, whether they are black, white, asian, turkish, hindu, moslem or jewish.

XMas decorations in our area get put up by the locals in November, so why would they be offended by festive decorations, being put up a few weeks later.

I'm sitting in my public sector office right now.

Decorations are up - the hindu gentleman I sit next to and the Jewish guy up the other end of the office have both requested Turkey for our Christmas lunch do, tomorrow. We've got a muslim IT guy seconded to our dept who will probably plump for the veggie option and NONE of them bring their religion to work, none of them are moaning about Christmas (except Sanjay 'cause he's got 4 daughters and it costs him a fortune in presents).

On behalf of them, Merry Christmas NSC.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Apologies for bouncing this MONGFEST of a thread, but a thought occured to me today, and it's that throughout my 28 short years I have never, ever encountered a foreigner of ANY denomination expressing their dislike / outrage / offence towards Christmas.

Each passing year I've seen these stories wheeled out, it has only ever been WHITE people behind moves to make Christmas inoffensive. The problem is not with FOREIGNERS trying to change England's culture, it's with BRITISH people.

Anyone with half a brain knows the culture of the UK won't change becuase some PC DICKS try to make it, so the people who get so OUTRAGED becuase that's what they think is happening just need to get in contact with said PC GOONS and express their worries. Spouting CACK about ASIANS and BLACKS on an internet messageboard is pathetic really.

Absolutely. Unfortunately many people use these kind of (non) stories as a vehicle to spout the same old predictable anti-immigration rhetoric.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We can put decorations up at our place.

Problem is, no one can be arsed to put them up!

Some more points

Last XMAS we complained to our local Sainsbury's store manager, why no XMAS decorations or lights. "Health and Safety" was the dismissive reply. "Health and Safety we said, So that only applies to the Dalston Sainsbury? Cos in Brighton, Islington, Cheshunt and we went on.....there's decorations!!!" No the plan is to take our XMAS cash and now do the minimum necessary.

In addition, where will be the most festive building this year as per normal. That's right Harrods, it will be lit up and glowing away in Knightsbridge, a real festive delight, stocked through with XMAS decorations. And owned by a Muslim?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here