Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why not ban every bleedin' thing

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Jarvo said:
So what do we exactly celebrate in a 'midwinter festival' and why would it be any less b*ll**ks that celebrating the natvity of Christ?

well it would make it a bit more honest.

How many do believe that Christ was the son of God - born to a virgin, and visited at his birth by three wise men who followed a star to find the stable where the birth took place.

I mean I like the story - it gives me a warm glow. But how does that bear any relation to the partying around Christmas these days. Why not have a party because - well, that is what we have always done.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The whole idea and reasons for christmas have gone out of the window.

I'm not religious but I do find the whole thing a complete load of bullshit these days. It's just one big marketing scam in my eyes. You may have different opinions.

A lot of people put themselfs under financial pressure when they dont need to.

I try to avoid buying christmas presents if I can. If someone wants to get me something I say dont worry about becuase I dont need anything, becuase I dont.

I really enjoy the time off dont get me wrong, but giving presents and getting one back is stupid.

This is just my opinion.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've just come in to find my workstation is covered in tinsel, and I've had to push fake snow off the keypad on my phone. UK firm, Canadian outsourcer... hrm, banned commonly you say?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think its a shame that the "loonies" bandy around PC for fear of offending anyone. Whats worse is that people THINK other people will be offended when they wont.

Ask those that dont celebrate christmas will they be offended? Will they bollocks. There is nowt wrong with a bit of decoration.

I worked with Muslims and Jews who gave christmas cards to their workmates because they knew that it was "customary" to do so even tho they didnt "celebrate" it themselves.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Stinkers Bridge said:
Does anyone know when Christmas is this year? And how many ticket stubs will I need in order to celebrate it?

I believe its the 25th December but Im not sure if its for STH only?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Complete non-story. This type of thing has been wheeled out each and every year for if not quite as long as I can remember, then at least the last ten years. :yawn:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Complete non-story. This type of thing has been wheeled out each and every year for if not quite as long as I can remember, then at least the last ten years. :yawn:
This year, like crappy tinsel at Woolies, it was being wheeled out by morons for morons during late November. Ooh, it comes earlier every year, eh?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Originally posted by BBC
Khadija, a Zimbabwean-born British citizen who has been wearing the full veil - or niqab - for 10 years, has been given the slot.

i bet she has.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Virgo's Haircut said:
This is a CHRISTIAN country FFS. :angry:
You Christians can f*** off back to Rome, this is a Pagan country. :angry: :angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Why not ban every bleedin' thing

Silent Bob said:
You Christians can f*** off back to Rome, this is a Pagan country. :angry: :angry:

Yeah, and you can take your festival renamings with you! I'll be celebrating the winter solstice, as per normal....

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
In New York all we heard and saw was "Happy Holidays" when there are Xmas Trees etc. Never "Happy Christmas".

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Re: Re: Why not ban every bleedin' thing

British Bulldog said:
Thats exactly what a few of us have been saying for a while VH, But you can now expect to be put into the same catagory as the rest of us so called right wing racists!

Not really. I quite agree with what VH is saying. Its silly political correctness, if its true. Which appears doubtful. However, there is a big difference with agreeing that banning Christmas decorations is a nonsense, and some of the horrible anti-Muslim, anti-asylum seeker nonsense that is spouted by the boneheads on here.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
ahh yes but Christians have Christ whose Dad was the real God with white hair a smock and a nice smile and stuff. Not that rolling-eyed suicide bomber that those muslims pray to.

I read this on the internet and felt the need to share the knowledge.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Seagullible said:
takes the piss, if we went to their countries and complaine dthat their festival upset us we'd be stoned to death.

Sorry, EXACTLY which muslims/ethnic minorities/people of other faiths/stinking bloody foreigners with chocolate faces have complained about the Christmas decorations then? Please find me the quote...

readingstockport said:
Ok, quick poll.

Anyone on here whose company have banned xmas decorations?

My company is a no ban, decorations ARE allowed and in fact 2 muslims have them on their desks. Lets see if anyone can come up with an instance where a ban has been imposed?

Xmas directions about to go up where I work and we have people of plenty of faiths here. I often wonder where this parallel universe of DailyMailLand is.

Virgo's Haircut said:
In New York all we heard and saw was "Happy Holidays" when there are Xmas Trees etc. Never "Happy Christmas".

And..?? So what? How does this harm your life in any way whatsoever?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here