Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why no palace p1ss take thread ?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Funny how for years we missed the rivalry and now several don't care too much about it.
Surely it means a bit more than "not bothered" or "don't care".
Could you image Saints and Pompey or Arsenal and Spurs fans saying similar.
What's changed?

Funny how for years we missed the rivalry and now several don't care too much about it.
What's changed?
It's the lickers! The same who would sit on their hands and drink tea at the match, wanting to shake hands with the opposition and clapping attendances.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What's changed?
That Saints and Pompey rivalry transcends football though and as such is a far bigger rivalry. It's an unfair comparison.

Our rivalry with Palace is between two similar sized clubs that has no real geographical basis. I doubt they gave us much of a thought for the 20 years we were a division of more below them. It is a bit odd as to why some of us don't really care about them right now I suppose, but when we're fiercely competing with them again, I'm sure it'll all come flooding back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's changed?
I have no idea how many don't care. I certainly do and they're always the games I most want to win. And as above, I get great pleasure from watching them fail even when it's not against us.

Maybe a few here are too cool or too old to care.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because every single time without fail it backfires.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
People go on about the distance between us but never mention that in other rivalries. For instance Norwich v Ipswich, Plymouth v Exeter, Swansea v Cardiff. All similar miles apart I would guess but never mentioned. Strange.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
During the World Cup I glanced at their fixtures and thought they had to win their last game against Fulham and the next one against Bournemouth away.

After that they have

Jan - Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle
Feb - Man U, Us, Brentford away , Liverpool
Mar - Villa away, Man C, Arsenal.

That's a terrible run of fixtures and by April 1st they could be in the bottom 3.
Interesting. Currently 14/1 with sky et to be relegated. Brentford are shorter odds at 12/1!

I’m just wondering whether the stars can align enough for both Palace and Leeds to go down…

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because every single time without fail it backfires.
Well this tweet kind of backfired on the Palace muppet that tweeted it:

Even allowing for benefit of hindsight with our 3-1 win and their 0-3 defeat 5 days after it was published, it seemed a very oddly timed tweet with us having scored 23 (now 26) goals to their 15 (now 15) at that time.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I enjoy the extra tension and atmosphere at matches Vs Palace, but none of the encounters I've been to since 1976 can match the sheer vitriol and noise that poured out of the stands when Potter's Chelsea came to us in October. Personally it took me a week to get my voice back to normal....
We couldn't even catch breath at half time, as Chelsea fed us Roberts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here