Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why it's never been better to be a Brighton Fan

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
1. Last time i checked the stadium move was still on. These things take time, you should know, Falmer took long enough.
2. There you go, back to your favourite subject. Get a life you boring old fool. You talk as if were this evil club that cheats people! Do you honestly believe that? I doubt Jordan and Goldberg went out of there way to go bust. We have been very unlucky that we have had 2 chairman who have been naive but to say were cheats is just b*llx. Also ever considered factors beyond our control such as the collaspe of ITV Digital, an aggressive hedge fund demanding there money without notice and a certain RECESSION? There are many clubs close to admin and one day you may be in that boat so i would pipe down. The gambler that is Bloom is hardly the most stable person to run a club is he?
3. Why would not risking the future of the club mean we will end up in League 2? Money is at Dougie's disposal if needed but within reason. Our budget this year is the same as Norwich and Swansea's last year and they did pretty well. Add to that the promotion of youngster's from our amazing academy and it's exciting times ahead.
4. Keep believing that. The fact that we got Murray is that we offered him a 3 year deal and the rest of the teams interested did not. Whether or not that proves to be good or bad business remains to be seen.

1. Bloom gambles with his own money, unlike your shower of shit board(s). Falmer is fully paid for.
2. Why is it that Palace fans will blame anything but the simple fact that they couldn't afford the team they had. We cut our costs, you just ripped people off. As a tax payer I'm one of them.
3. You're potless and most people see you as certs for relegation, this is what happens to teams that are forced to live within their means, a very new concept to a Palace fan.
4. You just wanted to pay over the odds for Murray. Believe me if his tea doesn't have enough sugar in it he'll want a transfer. Bear in mind that as I have said before, hos performances with a poor team were poor, with a good team he's okay. The problem is, you are not a good team.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Look at it as the football equivalent of wifeswap.we have wigman,dougdeep,wehatepalace,bombardierbotty,richardrussell,hitler, etc.,etc on our site talking bollocks so it is only fair we come on here and do the same.

You talk bollocks wherever you are, still you can't expect too much from a former pupil of Priory School can you ?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You talk bollocks wherever you are, still you can't expect too much from a former pupil of Priory School can you ?
Regarding your post about Murray shall i quote the post from you where you ask Bloom/Poyet to pay him whatever he wants?Bit extreme for an O.K. player.Who's talking Bollocks now or do you not like the truth getting in the way of a good story?
No idea where the priory is I never stayed in one place long enough,you know how it is for us travelling folk.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Regarding your post about Murray shall i quote the post from you where you ask Bloom/Poyet to pay him whatever he wants?Bit extreme for an O.K. player.Who's talking Bollocks now or do you not like the truth getting in the way of a good story?
No idea where the priory is I never stayed in one place long enough,you know how it is for us travelling folk.

You should do, it's the special needs school less than a hundred yards from Selhurst Park, it was put there so that the kids who go there could see Palace fans walk by and would then know that they weren't that thick after all.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You should do, it's the special needs school less than a hundred yards from Selhurst Park, it was put there so that the kids who go there could see Palace fans walk by and would then know that they weren't that thick after all.

The disabled and now kids with special needs,is there no end to your rapier wit.

Dream on mate. You seriously have to be the most deluded poster on this forum! How is you're squad better than ours? Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha, Speroni, Gardner, Iverson, Danns and Moxey would all walk into you're first team.
I admit that were more than likely to lose Clyne and Danns but there will be money at the ready for replacements. And silly me, i forgot a certain Glenn Murray, remember him?

The bookmakers have looked at both our current squads after recent transfers and have Brighton @ 6/1 for promotion and Palace @ 20/1.

That's a massive gap!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not sure were you have got this info from? There's been nothing to suggest Speroni is going anywhere, in fact he signed a new deal last season. He loves the club and is settled in Surrey with his family. Same applies to Ambrose, new deal signed last year and nothing to suggest he's off at all. It's you're team not ours that is selling all it's best players. I'd say at the minute you're team is worse than the one that finished last season, you've lost a main play-maker in midfield and you're star striker. Yes, you've replaced them but i think with weaker players. Just my view though...

And drop the administration crap, your like a broken record. You don't know the full circumstances for starters but why let the facts ruining a good story (just as your signature says!). Were now run by one of the best boards in the country and they all have Palace in there blood.

Great use of your and you're, there. The Evening Standard's got it right after all :wozza:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
1. Bloom gambles with his own money, unlike your shower of shit board(s). Falmer is fully paid for.
2. Why is it that Palace fans will blame anything but the simple fact that they couldn't afford the team they had. We cut our costs, you just ripped people off. As a tax payer I'm one of them.
3. You're potless and most people see you as certs for relegation, this is what happens to teams that are forced to live within their means, a very new concept to a Palace fan.
4. You just wanted to pay over the odds for Murray. Believe me if his tea doesn't have enough sugar in it he'll want a transfer. Bear in mind that as I have said before, hos performances with a poor team were poor, with a good team he's okay. The problem is, you are not a good team.

1 and 2. Again, you've just come out with drivel and insults rather than facts. You haven't challenged any of the valid points i've made and instead you've just gone back to your usual cheats line which show's you have no come back. As i said, a number of circumstances led to our admins and neither were down to intentionally cheating. BUT DON'T LET THE FACT'S GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

3. We don't have a pot to piss in? Again, this show's you know nothing about us. How did we afford these huge wages that Murray has demanded then? Also, how come last January we agreed a price of £1 million with Everton for James Vaughan to join us in the summer if we could agree personal terms etc. In the end Norwich came in for him and we missed out but who can blame him, a move to the Prem is fantastic for the lad. As i said earlier, were also in for Rhodes who will cost a fair bit. BUT DON'T LET THE FACT'S GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

Certs for relegation? Yes the bookies have us there but how often do they get it wrong? Last year they had Boro to go up and Watford to go down. Watford finished above Boro comfortably. The year before, everyone had Blackpool to go down to League One and they got promoted to the Prem. Says it all. Also, if you judged our results just on Freedman's reign we would have finished mid-table. George Burley was 90% of the reason we were sh*t last year...and he's gone. BUT DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

4. With Ambrose, Zaha and a few new signings supplying Murray, i'm sure he'll be just fine. BUT DON'T LET THE FACT'S GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
4. You just wanted to pay over the odds for Murray. Believe me if his tea doesn't have enough sugar in it he'll want a transfer. Bear in mind that as I have said before, hos performances with a poor team were poor, with a good team he's okay.

This is complete bollocks. His goalscoring record in terms of goals per game was

2010/11 0.42
2009/10 0.38
2008/09 0.43
2007/08 0.41

Never let the facts get in the way of a hysterical rant though. As for being 'okay' in a good team, that is shite, he was a major reason why we were such a good team last season.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he is rubbish for Palace, and vice versa, but you're rewriting history in terms of his contribution, he is the second highest Albion scorer at Withdean, and being second behind Bobby Zamora is an achievement.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Great use of your and you're, there. The Evening Standard's got it right after all :wozza:

Arrrggghh, that old chestnut, attack someone's grammar which really is saying "i have no come back to the point they've just made". :facepalm:

Last edited:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Totally disagree, being in the Cup Final was fantastic but you have to balance it with meekly giving up our League 1 spot whilst doing it. What is happening today is far more exciting as we can potentially become a much bigger club than we were as we have a decent infrastructure this time. The Cup Final was a final hoorah to the good times, where we are now is at the beginning of what should be better times than we've ever had.

I agree, but the one day that will last with me for life is the game at Hereford. To any of our younger fans or people who weren't there, I simply cannot describe or help you to understand the emotions of that day, the day we as a club turned the corner and never looked back

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree, but the one day that will last with me for life is the game at Hereford. To any of our younger fans or people who weren't there, I simply cannot describe or help you to understand the emotions of that day, the day we as a club turned the corner and never looked back

It is certainly the most memorable match I have ever attended, and will NEVER be beaten, irrespective of what we achieve. The two seconds between Craig Maskell hitting the post, the ball bouncing out and half a dozen players descending on the it, only for Robbie Reinelt to belt it into the net was the longest few seconds of my life, and the feeling it generated was the highest of all highs.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The two seconds between Craig Maskell hitting the post, the ball bouncing out and half a dozen players descending on the it, only for Robbie Reinelt to belt it into the net was the longest few seconds of my life, and the feeling it generated was the highest of all highs.

I can picture it now, when Reinelt put it away the whole end went INSANE. Bad times, but good times - if that makes sense :shrug:

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
The bookmakers have looked at both our current squads after recent transfers and have Brighton @ 6/1 for promotion and Palace @ 20/1.

That's a massive gap!

That's because of what Norwich did last year you fool. The bookies don't want to get caught out again. When the season starts, you clowns will realize two important things..
1) Having a new stadium doesn't give you any points.
2) There is a difference in class between the Championship and League One.

Enjoy the fleeting success 'Weeds. And hopefully in 11 months, you mugs will be right back where you belong..the 3rd tier :bigwave:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
That's because of what Norwich did last year you fool. The bookies don't want to get caught out again. When the season starts, you clowns will realize two important things..
1) Having a new stadium doesn't give you any points.
2) There is a difference in class between the Championship and League One.

Enjoy the fleeting success 'Weeds. And hopefully in 11 months, you mugs will be right back where you belong..the 3rd tier :bigwave:

We'll be just fine. It's your lot you need to worry about :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here