Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why it's never been better to be a Brighton Fan

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dream on mate. You seriously have to be the most deluded poster on this forum! How is your squad better than ours? Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha, Speroni, Gardner, Iverson, Danns and Moxey would all walk into your first team.
I admit that were more than likely to lose Clyne and Danns but there will be money at the ready for replacements. And silly me, i forgot a certain Glenn Murray, remember him?

So good that you finished way below the two clubs we knocked out of the cup. You'll lose Ambrose and Dann and almost certainly Speroni. As for Murray, you got him because Millwall, Southampton, Derby, Bristol City plus ourselves don't think he's worth what you're paying him. The only deluded poster is you because you may or may not have noticed but we are buying players for amounts only your creditors can understand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dream on mate. You seriously have to be the most deluded poster on this forum! How is your squad better than ours? Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha, Speroni, Gardner, Iverson, Danns and Moxey would all walk into your first team.
I admit that were more than likely to lose Clyne and Danns but there will be money at the ready for replacements. And silly me, i forgot a certain Glenn Murray, remember him?
You're having a f***ing laugh. That team finished 5th bottom for fucks sake, and even that was an improvement on the previous season. Plus, at least 3 of them will leave anyway, and NONE of the remainder would "walk" into our team at all.

You are going to be as f***ing shit as you have been for the last two seasons, and we will finish far far above you.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So good that you finished way below the two clubs we knocked out of the cup. You'll lose Ambrose and Dann and almost certainly Speroni. As for Murray, you got him because Millwall, Southampton, Derby, Bristol City plus ourselves don't think he's worth what you're paying him. The only deluded poster is you because you may or may not have noticed but we are buying players for amounts only your creditors can understand.

Not sure were you have got this info from? There's been nothing to suggest Speroni is going anywhere, in fact he signed a new deal last season. He loves the club and is settled in Surrey with his family. Same applies to Ambrose, new deal signed last year and nothing to suggest he's off at all. It's you're team not ours that is selling all it's best players. I'd say at the minute you're team is worse than the one that finished last season, you've lost a main play-maker in midfield and you're star striker. Yes, you've replaced them but i think with weaker players. Just my view though...

And drop the administration crap, your like a broken record. You don't know the full circumstances for starters but why let the facts ruining a good story (just as your signature says!). Were now run by one of the best boards in the country and they all have Palace in there blood.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Were now run by one of the best boards in the country and .

That's more hope than fact though isn't it? Unless of course you want to elaborate as to why you should think that when they've been in control about 5 mins

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's more hope than fact though isn't it? Unless of course you want to elaborate as to why you should think that when they've been in control about 5 mins

By that he means 'The best board we have had for a while', frankly that's not saying a lot though. All the talk of the move to a new home is now decidedly quiet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And drop the administration crap, your like a broken record. You don't know the full circumstances for starters but why let the facts ruining a good story (just as your signature says!). Were now run by one of the best boards in the country and they all have Palace in there blood.

Why ? So we should ignore the years when we've struggled and been mocked by a bunch of con men who had they paid their way as we did probably would be in League Two now ? What's pathetic is I've never met a Palace fan who's the slightest bit ashamed about it. Not much changes though does it, even your manager is a proven liar.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
10/04/82 Brighton 2 Arsenal 1

07/09/82 Brighton 1 Arsenal 0

Sent from my Desirable Android thingy by Tippy Tappy.

Worrying I don't remember either of those wins

Sent from the fading memory banks of an old timer

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
10/04/82 Brighton 2 Arsenal 1

07/09/82 Brighton 1 Arsenal 0

Sent from my Desirable Android thingy by Tippy Tappy.

Definitely remember the first of those, John Hollins scored for Arsenal, who were very much our bogey team, and somehow we forced ourselves back into the game and Andy Ritchie and Michael Robinson brought us victory.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I do however think that in 1979, with Ward, Lawrenson, Horton and co, it was great to be an Albion fan.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe you can remember Sammy Nelson taking down his shorts when he scored the winner!

Nope, I thought Sammy Nelson was well gone by 1982?? Getting really worried about my memory now!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nope, I thought Sammy Nelson was well gone by 1982?? Getting really worried about my memory now!!

He was with us in 1983, but lost his place to Graham Pearce and retired at the end of the cup final season.

His daughter is married to Matty Prior.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
You're having a f***ing laugh. That team finished 5th bottom for fucks sake, and even that was an improvement on the previous season. Plus, at least 3 of them will leave anyway, and NONE of the remainder would "walk" into our team at all.

You are going to be as f***ing shit as you have been for the last two seasons, and we will finish far far above you.

Clown. The year we were put in administration we were deducted 10 points. Before the deduction we were fighting for the play-offs.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

1. They interact with our fans on a different level to most chairman/boards. They are a member on our forums and often post about the goings on at the club and take on board feedback from the fans.
2. They are respectable business men who have made there money the hard way (unlike the gambler Bloom)
3. They will not risk the future of the club. (Cue admin comments from BHAexpress)
4. They signed Glenn Murray, our biggest rivals best player. If that isn't enough to endure them to Palace fans then i don't know what is!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
And this year? Just plain old f***ing shit? Nob.

The rebound from admin had a massive impact. I think we had 9 senior players at the start of pre-season last year and had to play a lot of youngsters. Couple that with the appointment of Burley who crazily played gung-ho football from the off and it was a recipe for disaster. He was right man, wrong time. From then on we were playing catch up and we were involved in the pressure cooker situation of a relegation battle. Dougie had to play in a way that stopped us shipping golas. It worked, we achieved 8 clean sheets at home in a row, even you would admit that that is decent if you can put the rivalry to one side for a minute. On our day we proved we were a decent side. We took 4 points from both Norwich and Cardiff, who finished 2nd and 4th. Yes, the away form was dreadful but it improved as Dougie had longer to put his stamp on the club.

The other problem was that we lacked a proper goal scorer. We now have that in Murray and were after another, Jordan Rhodes currently being heavily linked in our local press. Those 2 would be a decent partnership IMO. I'm confident next year we will have a decent season. I'm not expecting us to pull up any tree's but i think were be nicely placed in mid-table come May and at least 4 places above you.

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Biggest Rivals BEST PLAYER??!!!! You didnt sign El Ebd or Bennett
You mug, If gus wanted him he would be playing for us, truth is (and no not because he is coming to you) but he wouldnt get a regular game next season FACT!
And dont try and put down Mr Bloom with your comments, the man is a god and you are not worthy
Utter utter clown, havent you got a car steel or a school girl to get pregnant, now fk off to your own forum I am sure you only come on here because most of your comrades cant read or write so forum with four people isnt much fun you have to come on here spouting your bollocks

Deep breath....... and rant over

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
2. They are respectable business men who have made there money the hard way (unlike the gambler Bloom)
!

Sorry lost interest now, you must be a retard if you think a £93 million stadium paid off in full is all down to a bit of gambling

Suprising when you remember that your whole sad recent history is the result of failed gambling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here