Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why it's never been better to be a Brighton Fan

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
1. They interact with our fans on a different level to most chairman/boards. They are a member on our forums and often post about the goings on at the club and take on board feedback from the fans.
2. They are respectable business men who have made there money the hard way (unlike the gambler Bloom)
3. They will not risk the future of the club. (Cue admin comments from BHAexpress)
4. They signed Glenn Murray, our biggest rivals best player. If that isn't enough to endure them to Palace fans then i don't know what is!

I think you will find Norwich have signed our best player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
4. They signed Glenn Murray, our biggest rivals best player. If that isn't enough to endure them to Palace fans then i don't know what is!

On a serious note, do you think that part of the reason for signing Murray on a wage no one else would match was to piss on the Albion's fans chips, and if he had been from another club you would have offered him less?

If that was the case it has certainly worked.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
1. They interact with our fans on a different level to most chairman/boards. They are a member on our forums and often post about the goings on at the club and take on board feedback from the fans.
2. They are respectable business men who have made there money the hard way (unlike the gambler Bloom)
3. They will not risk the future of the club. (Cue admin comments from BHAexpress)

1. They bullshit the fans, how's the stadium move going ? Not is it ?
2. The word 'respectable' used in conjunction with the words 'Palace Board Members' is nothing but a joke after two administrations in less than ten years..
3. Not risk the future of the club ? Oh, so they're happy to see Palace in League One or two in that case.
4. Murray was allowed to leave, let me spell it out again, Southampton, Derby, Bristol City and Millwall didn't sign him despite all being clubs with some ambition. They felt, as we did, that he wasn't worth as much as his agent did. So he mugged you, the next Lombardo ? In three and a half years he's had one decent season when he was playing for the best side in the division, something he certainly won't be next season. Worth noting that one of the players we've signed scored 20 goals for a team that did a 'Palace 2011-2012' i.e. relegated. And yet he is not our last signing for the record. If e's our best player how come he didn't win player of the season ? Actually, in fairness at least he's have picked the award up if he had.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
On a serious note, do you think that part of the reason for signing Murray on a wage no one else would match was to piss on the Albion's fans chips, and if he had been from another club you would have offered him less?

If that was the case it has certainly worked.

My last point was tounge-in-cheek. It certainly got a bite though!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I think you will find Norwich have signed our best player.

A lot of Brighton fans i know (friends, work collegues) have said to me that it was between Elliott and Murray for who you're best player was last year (El-Abd also got a big mention which i found suprising, he was pants last time you were in the Championship). Anyway they've both gone so what does it matter.

Let me ask you a serious question. Would you honestly at the start of the season have swapped Bennett and Murray for Hoskins and Buckley? I think 99% of you would say no if truth be told. It's funny how a player is idolised at a club but turns sh*t as soon as he leaves...

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nope I spent two years thinking Muzza was the biggest waste of money ever and hating the lazy shit, fair dues he turned it around this season and put some effort in and for that he was rewarded, Barnes is good aswell dont forget he scored two less than Murray and played less games, I am not bitter it doesnt bother me where Murray goes but he isnt the player (in my opinion) that you lot think he is, come on here in six months time and one of us will eat hu8mble pie.....I am fairly confident it wont be me

Your absolutly right I wouldnt want any other player for Bennett, but ask yourself we pay 1M for Buckley but wont meet Murrays demands, that says it all he wasnt wanted by Gus, sorry to burst the bubble

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
1. They bullshit the fans, how's the stadium move going ? Not is it ?
2. The word 'respectable' used in conjunction with the words 'Palace Board Members' is nothing but a joke after two administrations in less than ten years..
3. Not risk the future of the club ? Oh, so they're happy to see Palace in League One or two in that case.
4. Murray was allowed to leave, let me spell it out again, Southampton, Derby, Bristol City and Millwall didn't sign him despite all being clubs with some ambition. They felt, as we did, that he wasn't worth as much as his agent did. So he mugged you, the next Lombardo ? In three and a half years he's had one decent season when he was playing for the best side in the division, something he certainly won't be next season. Worth noting that one of the players we've signed scored 20 goals for a team that did a 'Palace 2011-2012' i.e. relegated. And yet he is not our last signing for the record. If e's our best player how come he didn't win player of the season ? Actually, in fairness at least he's have picked the award up if he had.

1. Last time i checked the stadium move was still on. These things take time, you should know, Falmer took long enough.
2. There you go, back to your favourite subject. Get a life you boring old fool. You talk as if were this evil club that cheats people! Do you honestly believe that? I doubt Jordan and Goldberg went out of there way to go bust. We have been very unlucky that we have had 2 chairman who have been naive but to say were cheats is just b*llx. Also ever considered factors beyond our control such as the collaspe of ITV Digital, an aggressive hedge fund demanding there money without notice and a certain RECESSION? There are many clubs close to admin and one day you may be in that boat so i would pipe down. The gambler that is Bloom is hardly the most stable person to run a club is he?
3. Why would not risking the future of the club mean we will end up in League 2? Money is at Dougie's disposal if needed but within reason. Our budget this year is the same as Norwich and Swansea's last year and they did pretty well. Add to that the promotion of youngster's from our amazing academy and it's exciting times ahead.
4. Keep believing that. The fact that we got Murray is that we offered him a 3 year deal and the rest of the teams interested did not. Whether or not that proves to be good or bad business remains to be seen.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let me ask you a serious question. Would you honestly at the start of the season have swapped Bennett and Murray for Hoskins and Buckley? I think 99% of you would say no if truth be told. It's funny how a player is idolised at a club but turns sh*t as soon as he leaves...

I personally was always a big Murray fan, but many other never shared those views. Bennett was immensely popular right from the start. Having seen Hoskins he is very exciting to watch, but his previous experience in the CCC was poor.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Nope I spent two years thinking Muzza was the biggest waste of money ever and hating the lazy shit, fair dues he turned it around this season and put some effort in and for that he was rewarded, Barnes is good aswell dont forget he scored two less than Murray and played less games, I am not bitter it doesnt bother me where Murray goes but he isnt the player (in my opinion) that you lot think he is, come on here in six months time and one of us will eat hu8mble pie.....I am fairly confident it wont be me

Your absolutly right I wouldnt want any other player for Bennett, but ask yourself we pay 1M for Buckley but wont meet Murrays demands, that says it all he wasnt wanted by Gus, sorry to burst the bubble

Sorry to burst your bubble...Gus wanted him to stay but didn't offer 3 years. We did, we got him. End of.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
2. There you go, back to your favourite subject. Get a life you boring old fool.
He ain't started yet.Wait till he starts on your mum,caravan,sister,prison experience,line dancing,american tours,used to live in Beckenham-till parents had good sense to move out, etc ,etc,get used to it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He ain't started yet.Wait till he starts on your mum,caravan,sister,prison experience,line dancing,american tours,used to live in Beckenham-till parents had good sense to move out, etc ,etc,get used to it.

I see you omitted the drug taking :smokin:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
they all have Palace in there blood.

Surely there's some sort of vaccine for that?

Murray is a bloody good player when he's fit & interested but if he makes a slow start I cant see palace fans giving him much of a honeymoon period .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry lost interest now, you must be a retard if you think a £93 million stadium paid off in full is all down to a bit of gambling

Suprising when you remember that your whole sad recent history is the result of failed gambling.

After all the specs were upgraded and the additional 1901ers restaurant/hospitality facilities in the East Stand isn't the figure now standing at around £105M ?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Palace fans obsessed with us at the moment, very amusing, we must be doing something right at last.
Look at it as the football equivalent of wifeswap.we have wigman,dougdeep,wehatepalace,bombardierbotty,richardrussell,hitler, etc.,etc on our site talking bollocks so it is only fair we come on here and do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here