Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why it's never been better to be a Brighton Fan

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Runaway Championship, brilliant new stadium, top quality Chairman, superb management team and now we can talk about paying seven figures for a player without having our tongues in our cheeks.

Oh, and now being completely sure we are so much better than Palace in every way.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Whole Heartedly agree BHAexpress, we are ver lucky to have Mr Bloom, what a fantastic man and Albion fan

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In some ways I agree, however the best time I think was when we were in the FA Cup Final. That was a fantastic achievement for a club like Brighton and the first game with a world wide audience of millions will still go down as the major event in our history. I hope one day that is repeated !

BTW I assumeing they are expecting something at the AMEX as wheneve I drive past it to get to Esporta, there are a bunch of security guards pratrolling - I wonder if they are worried about pykies parking their vans on the new tarmac'd parking area

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In some ways I agree, however the best time I think was when we were in the FA Cup Final. That was a fantastic achievement for a club like Brighton and the first game with a world wide audience of millions will still go down as the major event in our history. I hope one day that is repeated !

BTW I assumeing they are expecting something at the AMEX as wheneve I drive past it to get to Esporta, there are a bunch of security guards pratrolling - I wonder if they are worried about pykies parking their vans on the new tarmac'd parking area

Totally disagree, being in the Cup Final was fantastic but you have to balance it with meekly giving up our League 1 spot whilst doing it. What is happening today is far more exciting as we can potentially become a much bigger club than we were as we have a decent infrastructure this time. The Cup Final was a final hoorah to the good times, where we are now is at the beginning of what should be better times than we've ever had.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Totally disagree, being in the Cup Final was fantastic but you have to balance it with meekly giving up our League 1 spot whilst doing it. What is happening today is far more exciting as we can potentially become a much bigger club than we were as we have a decent infrastructure this time. The Cup Final was a final hoorah to the good times, where we are now is at the beginning of what should be better times than we've ever had.

MY thinking too, the Cup Final was great but going into it knowing we'd been relegated rather tarnished it for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and the ability to tag people in posts [MENTION=273]bhaexpress[/MENTION].

We've literally never had it so good.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Being born a month after the Cup Final i've had to rely on my Dad to inform of the bygone glory days.

The position we find ourselves in at the moment makes me feel like i'm supporting a completely different football club to what i have been for 20+ years.

Whilst i have always banged on about lower league football to my Premiership supporting mates, real football, real grounds, real atmospere etc, I cant deny how good it feels to now be splashing out £1m on players, watching my team play in front of 20,000+ every week and have a chairman & manager who's ambition know no limits.

Just bloody brilliant.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Have to say that, yes, we are in good times, but have not yet reached the highs of being promoted to the top flight, the first game in the top flight (I know we lost), Manure, Arsenal etc at home every week, the Cup Final. Wait till we are in the Premiership, just then, maybe it will be the best time to be a Brighton fan.

Sent from my Android thingy by Tippy Tappy.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hope the novelty of being able to genuinely talk about a player 'only' being a million and being worth signing doesn't wear off

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

It wasnt't our League 1 sport we "meekly" gave up, it was our PREMIER LEAGUE spot (as the First Division has matmorphosed into!)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Runaway Championship, brilliant new stadium, top quality Chairman, superb management team and now we can talk about paying seven figures for a player without having our tongues in our cheeks.

Oh, and now being completely sure we are so much better than Palace in every way.

And...a spanking new kit, hopefully with collars, Gully's Girls doing new routines in sexy cloths, A sold out stadium, and proper pies in the kitchens.......A FAB time to be a seagull

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
'79 promotion to old 1st div tops it for me... also, our remarkable survival in top flight for 4 whole seasons... why, oh why we sacked Mike Bailey, I'll never know... spot the old timer!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Really? Has the Championship started already and I've missed it?

I agree you're in a better place than us now but it's yet to be proved on the pitch. I'd also say we've a good manager and great joint-owners who really care about the club rather than their ego/tan (we won't mention the stadium).

I'll take my hat off to you in May 2012 if you finish above us, finally, but we'll see.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I agree you're in a better place than us now but it's yet to be proved on the pitch. I'd also say we've a good manager and great joint-owners who really care about the club rather than their ego/tan (we won't mention the stadium).

I'll take my hat off to you in May 2012 if you finish above us, finally, but we'll see.

Gonna be great to play you without being at a massive disadvantage in facilities and quality of players :thumbsup:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Dream on mate. You seriously have to be the most deluded poster on this forum! How is you're squad better than ours? Ambrose, Clyne, Zaha, Speroni, Gardner, Iverson, Danns and Moxey would all walk into you're first team.
I admit that were more than likely to lose Clyne and Danns but there will be money at the ready for replacements. And silly me, i forgot a certain Glenn Murray, remember him?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It wasn't just the cup final though. That 7 year period was fantastic and even though we didn't set Division 1 alight, I believe that in our four year spell we beat every team at least once. That was a great era but the current period is second to that and may yet surpass it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It wasn't just the cup final though. That 7 year period was fantastic and even though we didn't set Division 1 alight, I believe that in our four year spell we beat every team at least once. That was a great era but the current period is second to that and may yet surpass it.

I don't remember us ever beating Arsenal?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

My advice, don't get a hair cut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here