Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is no-one having a go at that idiot scholes

DTES said:
How can we criticise Scholes after last night? There are so many who deserve it first:

Rooney for not giving Vassell the open goal opportunity
Beckham for taking every penalty exactly the same way - including this one against his former teammate!!!!! Even Silvestre stated that's how it was saved!
Eriksson for bringing on the appalling Emile Heskey
Heskey for giving away the free kick
Gerrard for that backpass
Or maybe the ref for not sending off Silvestre?

To apportion any blame to Scholes is a joke to me.

You missed out that feckin clown James from your list. What was he doing coming out feet first when confronted with Henry running at him.,

All he had to do was stand up and force TH into shooting. OK he might well have scored but he might have missed. Zidane from 12 yards however................................

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Storer68 said:
You missed out that feckin clown James from your list. What was he doing coming out feet first when confronted with Henry running at him.,

All he had to do was stand up and force TH into shooting. OK he might well have scored but he might have missed. Zidane from 12 yards however................................

Behave, not much James could do. Gerrard put that ball back and left Calamity in one of those situations. If it had been Neville people would be calling for a public flogging by now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Scholes had a great game, bossed the midfield and sprayed the ball around very well indeed.

I suggest you actually WATCH the game next time before making such ridiculous comments Dave...bring back Shearer....indeed! :shootself :p

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Storer68 said:

I have to agree with you! The more times I see it, the more obvious it is that James should have stayed on his feet or at the very least gone to ground 'hands' first.....he actually just chopped Henry down...It was an awful pass but I thought the challenge was just as bad!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave , join the miserable old gits club !.

I had the audacity of putting a couple of similar threads earlier and got flamed and accused of " turning into the biggest prick on NSC " !.

Maybe we haven't got the youthful enthusiam and optimism of the teens and students on here anymore as we are the wrong side of 40 !.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Rusthall Seagull said:
I have to agree with you! The more times I see it, the more obvious it is that James should have stayed on his feet or at the very least gone to ground 'hands' first.....he actually just chopped Henry down...It was an awful pass but I thought the challenge was just as bad!

i think James let his (understandable) frustration get too much of him. did anyone else notice him boot the ball away in anger (straight into Trezeguet's face - haha) when they equalised?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes but Gareth you have to realise that a lot of the younger generation on here have only seen a few competitions where England have flattered to deceive....I remember 1966 ( I was 8) and also remember the horrendous dissapointment in the 1970 WC when Bonetti gifted Germany with two goals in the semi's.

Every championship I can remember we have gone into, be it WC or European Championships we have gone in as expecting to win. I remember the mauling of the EC when we lost to Holland Ireland and someone else ( I cant remember who) to go out in the first round.

I come from a basis that we will not win it, therefore if we win games then its a bonus.

I also tend to look at it by working out which one of our players would get into the French/Brazillian/Argentinian/ German first team. If you look at it that way then you realise that when push comes to shove we do not have the "world class" players we think we have.

What frustrates me is that we are trying to play the European type of highly skilled game with players who do not posess that kind of skill. Over the years we have had Brian Little, Tony Currie, Stan Bowles, Joe Cole, Paul Gascoigne...all very skillful players, but as we have found out these last 38 years, it is not enough.

Where I really get annoyed is people who do not put 100% effort in and who would "die" for their country. The England rugby team had it, our footballers sadly on the whole with a few exceptions do not.

We must still get it in perspective though. We have just lost one game, there are 2 more to go to make sure we get through. Lets hope we learn the lesson.............Mr Heskey....if you are near the goal and there are three other defenders around the attacker yoyu are trying to hack down, just jockey him....also mr Gerrard, when you have the ball in extra time facing your goal.....ROW Z.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was slated earlier today for blaming James for bringing Henry down when the ball would have gone out of play. Now peeople are coming round to my way of thinking.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Gareth Glover said:
I was slated earlier today for blaming James for bringing Henry down when the ball would have gone out of play. Now peeople are coming round to my way of thinking.

didn't see your earlier thread GG, but i don't think James had any choice but to come out at Henry's feet, and once he was committed it was always gonna be dangerous if Henry played the ball past him. the problem that i have with his challenge is that he came out feet first, giving himself practically no chance of winning the ball fairly.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Paul Scholes is a doubtful starter for England's game against Switzerland on Thursday because of an ankle injury.

Happy now Dave the Gaffer?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Sneaky George said:
Paul Scholes is a doubtful starter for England's game against Switzerland on Thursday because of an ankle injury.

Happy now Dave the Gaffer?

Push Ashley Cole up to left wing, bring in Wayne Bridge for left back. Job done.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not happy that he is out through injury..No I wouldn't wish that on anyone, however, it will be interesting to see if Sven has the balls to play Hargreaves, ie switch bex into the middle with lampard, hargreaves one side and gerrard the other.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Gareth Glover said:
Dave , join the miserable old gits club !.

I had the audacity of putting a couple of similar threads earlier and got flamed and accused of " turning into the biggest prick on NSC " !.

Maybe we haven't got the youthful enthusiam and optimism of the teens and students on here anymore as we are the wrong side of 40 !.

Or maybe perople just don't agree with you! I am not that youthfull but I think a lot of what you have said today is rubbish!

Just answer me this, if England had held out for the last 'three' minutes....would you feel the same?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DTES said:
Push Ashley Cole up to left wing, bring in Wayne Bridge for left back. Job done.

agree with that, have them lapping over an dcovering each other too. Bridge's crosses are better than Cole's too!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we held out I would have a much worse hangover so I suppose I should be grateful for that.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
i'd rather have bridge on the left of midfield, but agree that they would work well together. cole's quick and useful going forward but lacks a bit of defensive positional awareness, so bridge would provide him with a bit of extra protection.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Set of Tracksuits said:
i'd rather have bridge on the left of midfield, but agree that they would work well together. cole's quick and useful going forward but lacks a bit of defensive positional awareness, so bridge would provide him with a bit of extra protection.

this has been tried and did not work in a qualifier against Macedonia, end of. Sven is hardly going to do this in a tournament.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Uncle Buck said:
this has been tried and did not work in a qualifier against Macedonia, end of. Sven is hardly going to do this in a tournament.

fair point, but of the limited options we have for the left hand side of midfield (hargreaves, cole?, god forbid heskey) i still reckon this is the best.

we were poor all over the park in the macedonia game, not just on the left hand side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here