Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why is Nigel Farage on Question Time tonight ?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets
But I don't get what this society wants

From 44 years ago, some things never change
Come the week leading up to the election I always have Our Favourite Shop on a constant loop. It always inspires me into not doing anything stupid when I get to the ballot box

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who’s in charge of the BBC?
The BBC?
The BBC?
Who’s in charge of the BBC?
Not Libs, nor Greens or SNP!
Question Time is produced by Mentorn Media. The audience producer Alison Fuller-Pendly has been criticised for right wing posts on Facebook, and more observant viewers have spotted audience members making multiple appearances no matter the area, also some have been identified as local politicians.

Take it with a pinch of salt, or ignore it as I do since Fiona Bruce took the chair.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets
But I don't get what this society wants

From 44 years ago, some things never change
It's so so sad that songs and poems written 40 years ago that struck my chord as a kid . . . . Are still , if not more relevant now than then.

Ghost town was haunting as a 10 year old, sadly still so relevant now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's so so sad that songs and poems written 40 years ago that struck my chord as a kid . . . . Are still , if not more relevant now than then.

Ghost town was haunting as a 10 year old, sadly still so relevant now.
As a kid of that age, does it not reinforce the point that's it's all a cycle, nowt really changes?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was so unhappy that I have written to the BBC

Here we are the first question time election format prime time 20:00 providing a chance for the public to ask important questions of those who want to lead our country over the next five years.

I would expect to see five candidates on the panel who are putting themselves forward for election but no we have a member of the clergy, a radio talk show host and a the third is a TV chat show host leaving only two individuals who are standing for election.

The other three panelist’s already have their own means of communicating with members of the public who choose to listen to them but let’s be honest all three are niche.

During this election campaign I want to see and here from the candidates

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As a kid of that age, does it not reinforce the point that's it's all a cycle, nowt really changes?

That's what I find frustrsating. . .is being a decent human being accepting you're the minority? Or just that the establishment ensure the majority are ill educated and brainwashed?

Nowt changes in some respects, except we're al worse off and its now all our own fault . . .those telling us are massively better off . . .whilst the/us peasants fight amongst ourselves . . . and the cnnts that instigated it waft about on yachts with our tax payement/pensions Etc.

UKIP and Farage got exposure way beyond their popularity for years - it's an objective, evidence-based statement of fact that the coverage they had on the BBC, compared to the Greens who were electorally the same or more popular, was greater by several orders of magnitude. Imagine what the country would be like today if the bias had been towards equally representating all views, and not towards disproportionate stoking of controversy to drive viewing figures. And that's why he's there again. Controversy makes people watch.

Spot on.

He was indeed influential in changing to future course of the UK. I presume from the tone of your post you think that is a good thing. Plenty of people - probably the majority - would disagree. Personally I think it is the most idiotic thing this country has ever done, and all because of one man’s ignorant and ill-informed prejudices.

Spot on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BBC is now hugely right wing, just watch your news somewhere else
Where would you suggest? I'm relaxed about the BBC. I listen to radio 5 a lot and while Chiles and the drive bloke annoy me a bit (one doesn't listen or think during interviews, and the other sometimes slips into his former ooh, aah, Daily Star persona) it is largely excellent, especially Nicky Campbell and Nihal Arthanayake. I stopped watching question time years ago because, when Clark Carlisle sounds like the most balanced pundit you know the programme is f***ed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
QT should have been binned a long time ago. It is a formulaic and tedious watch. The only redeeming feature is to demonstrate how low the quality of our politicians has become. It is sad how many people are mentally trapped in the archaic ideas of right and left and define and categorise everyone they meet in those terms. They say a country gets the leaders it deserves and nowhere is it more true of this land, where self has replaced nation and rights have replaced responsibilities.
I don't care about soundbiters like Morgan and Farage. It's the morons in office who have lost control of this country.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Sorry, but in a democracy, don't we want our representatives to have views and policies which are popular with the majority of voters - I mean, that's what populist means isn't it?
(odious, we don't want, of course).
Populist is not synonymous with popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here