Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why is Nigel Farage on Question Time tonight ?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Having such infrequent LD/Green representation seems a bit odd, especially given polling margins of error.

But he really Is an odious “populist”

Not sure this helps
“Question Time is rooted in politics and therefore has to achieve fair and appropriate representation from the various political parties across the UK.

This means there will nearly always be a representative from the UK government and the official opposition on the panel.

The panel will also feature representatives from other political parties across the series, taking as our guide the level of electoral support at national level which each party enjoys.

Sometimes parties may be represented by politicians who conspicuously do not support their party leadership – this too will be on a consistent basis.”

1717094894589.png

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
60% of the panel aren't MPs; of the three non-MPs, apart from Farage, one's a professional Christian and one's a retired phone hacker. Wonder why you aren't so incensed about them?

P.S. I know the answer, so don't bother............................

I did ask for Farage supporters to explain why he has appeared on Question Time more than any other individual in the history of Question Time - the floor is yours :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So that he can fully explain the Reform Party's immigration national insurance levy, and while they believe that this won't cause inflation, and is right to apply to those who have settle status.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I was told a few years ago that the other figure who gets a spike in viewing figures is Caroline Lucas. The difference is Farage keeps the show in the news for a couple of days after. Lucas gets people watching, but doesn't get the newspapers talking.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When we were in the EU, who was the only MEP that got a regular gig?

Little surprise our country took the fork in the country towards decline

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Morgan too, TV OFF
That's the beauty of TV.
Same as the wannabee star shite, the roller skating whilst baking a dress on ice bollocks and soaps.....if you don't like them don't watch.
I've just never got folks that moan about things then say 'WELL IM NOT WATCHING THAT RHUBARB'.
Some souls simply like to be upset by something.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I am a big BBC fan, but they got this so wrong tonight, thank god for that young Wesley chap.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Back in 2016 The Times called him “the most influential politician of the last decade”. Might have something to do with it. (Could have been ‘significant’ rather than influential, but you get the idea.)

(Don’t shoot the messenger)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Back in 2016 The Times called him “the most influential politician of the last decade”. Might have something to do with it. (Could have been ‘significant’ rather than influential, but you get the idea.)

I guess Hitler was the most-influential leader of the last century.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I think he was very influential.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love a bit of Farage for entertainment value - will improve the programme no end!
The ultimate grifter, a coward too scared of losing for the 9th time. Instead prioritises work for a racist, sex offender who doesn't believe in democracy across the pond

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Love a bit of Farage for entertainment value - will improve the programme no end!
Yes, I must confess that the prospect of Farage and Morgan on the panel might lure me into watching it for the first time in probably 6 or 7 years. I have very little in common with these people but like many, I have a slightly weird and disturbing fascination for them, and am quite drawn to seeing them together. It’s an opportunity for Wes Streeting to come across as the sane one in the room.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The ultimate grifter, a coward too scared of losing for the 9th time. Instead prioritises work for a racist, sex offender who doesn't believe in democracy across the pond
All that and Auntie Beeb give him airtime.

Tut tut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here