Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Dunk not playing? (merged)

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Alright Carol, don't believe it then. Couldn't give a f*** either way. Just what I was told by Two different people close to the club.

Sorry I dont believe you either. Just being rested

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
H block may be many things but a wind-up merchant he aint. So pay attention to what he says.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Alright Carol, don't believe it then. Couldn't give a f*** either way. Just what I was told by Two different people close to the club.

Close to the club? Do they live in Moulescoomb? ;)

Fair enough, if you reckon you have two good sources it's probably true. I'm sure you're aware that there are plenty of bullshitmongers on here, so it's necessary to try and find out who's in the know and who's just guessing or full of shit.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sorry I dont believe you either. Just being rested

You see, the one thing that makes me doubt that is that he was "rested" for two games on the trot. One I could understand, but two? I know he's young - maybe he was given half term off?

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Also why would Poyet come out in the press saying he feels responsibly for Dunks poor form because he has put to much pressure on him, Does'nt sound like Dunks pissed him off to me

Correct.... Pressure led to slightly poor form. People claim Gus blames him for the West Ham goal but Gus wants them to pass the ball he is not gonna slaughter people for wanting to pass it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Let's all start rumours from 'good sources' about every player having a spat with the manager and them all being sold in the January window. Beggars belief :facepalm:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Also why would Poyet come out in the press saying he feels responsibly for Dunks poor form because he has put to much pressure on him, Does'nt sound like Dunks pissed him off to me

He's hardly going to announce the world that his valuable asset is a cocky little fucker with no respect for his manager! Potential January prices slashed by a million overnight...

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
You see, the one thing that makes me doubt that is that he was "rested" for two games on the trot. One I could understand, but two? I know he's young - maybe he was given half term off?

Had to go away with the family to Devon LOL. On a serious note Scouts all over him I expect "I dont know" he will be back for Barnsley.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Close to the club? Do they live in Moulescoomb? ;)

Fair enough, if you reckon you have two good sources it's probably true. I'm sure you're aware that there are plenty of bullshitmongers on here, so it's necessary to try and find out who's in the know and who's just guessing or full of shit.

Fair point. I'm certainly not on here to post bullshit, and I really hope I'm wrong. However you don't 'rest' a soon to be u21 international centre back, when you have no other centre halves to fill the gap. Thinks it's obviously true to me. But hey believe what you want out there!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't believe a word of it.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Let's all start rumours from 'good sources' about every player having a spat with the manager and them all being sold in the January window. Beggars belief :facepalm:

f*** off back to supporting Chelsea then if you don't like it.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Oh dear. I think people are looking into this way too much. A bust up? No. He's 19 and has jumped straight from playing reserve games to playing week in week out in the Championship, his potential has been noticed by 3/4 huge clubs in England including Man City and Chelsea. He has a lot of pressure on him to do well and perform so he's been rested for a couple of games.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If this is true, Poyet knows he's young and he'll make mistakes. It won't be long before he is back (hopefully around three days...)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
f*** off back to supporting Chelsea then if you don't like it.

Do you know how to interact with people without sounding like a complete tool? It is not my duty to subscribe to your point of view if I so wish not to. Get back in your cave and take your toys with you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we sell him, we want a part exchange deal, I think. I was more impressed with Cook.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I would rather we raised a few million for Dunk, and got El Abd in.

I thought Poyet said he was to blame for the West Ham goal, so can't see why he would have blamed Dunk, but something has to have happened since he isn't even on the bench.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I misread the thread title as Poyet/Drunk at first and wondered whether some alkie had had a pop at Gus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here