Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Dunk not playing? (merged)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lets face it, if anyone does know anything, if there is anything to know. Then there is very little point in putting it on here as everyone just says your either shit stirring or just generally slags you off, when all you are really doing is passing on information to fellow fans.....I like the theory that Dunk and Caskey for that matter are our little gems and by not playing them avoids other clubs sniffing around them. That's a good one, because we are really in the position not to play players that maybe so good, that top clubs are looking at them!!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
didn't go to watford but Calde was superb vs brum , perhaps a new position for him ?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Rumour Poyet/Dunk

Heard a rumour this morning from someone connected to the club that Poyet had a massive go at Dunk after the WHU game. Apparently Dunk just laughed at him and Poyet responded with a tirade that included the words ''You are out in january' and also that he would not be playing again.

Now it could be complete bollocks but I have no reason to disbelieve the person who told me. He also said that Gus was getting pretty irate on a regular basis (dont blame him for that if its true)

Anyway I thought I`d share it on here. Like I said I have no reason to doubt the source.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds to me like a story with a GRAIN of truth, that's been MASSIVELY embellished, to make it sound far more dramatic than it really is.

the truth is probably closer to: Gus felt Dunk was poor v West Ham, so decided to rest him. LD might not have taken that too well, and is now on the naughty step.

IF, Gus was of a mind to sell LD in January, do you REALLY think that he would go about that by never playing him again, and watching his potential transfer fee drop like a stone?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I've heard simular things. Not quite sure about the wording there as can't see him Barry Fry style shouting YOUR OUT!!!! But they have definately had words

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think everyone's looking way too much into this, The kids 19 isn't he?! Clubs like Man City, Arsenal and Spurs all want to sign him, he's got a lot of pressure on him to perform so maybe Poyet has given him a couple of games rest. People need to stop over reacting.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know what the fuss is about, Dunk hasn't actually played well since our decent run in August/September. He's got away without too much flak due to his age, whereas Greer would have been slaughtered for the same mistakes. I think it was entirely reasonable to give him a rest.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it's no use having a spaz attack is it....??you could drag some tit out of the dhs queue......to have a f***ing spaz when we underperform......would have thought the BALLS of the team would come from the local players, surprised and gutted if this is true , there is definitely something going wrong at the moment.......we sound well off the mark and 0 shots on target against watford is a massive indication of how shit our current form is.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've heard simular things. Not quite sure about the wording there as can't see him Barry Fry style shouting YOUR OUT!!!! But they have definately had words

So this is a definite? Lewis Dunk and Gus Poyet have had a ruck. How can you be so sure? Do you have a source that was in the dressing room at the time?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Also why would Poyet come out in the press saying he feels responsibly for Dunks poor form because he has put to much pressure on him, Does'nt sound like Dunks pissed him off to me

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Heard a rumour this morning from someone connected to the club that Poyet had a massive go at Dunk after the WHU game. Apparently Dunk just laughed at him and Poyet responded with a tirade that included the words ''You are out in january' and also that he would not be playing again.

I hope it isn't true ... a Manager (no matter what of) simply can't go around losing it like this ... he's going to come up against a lot more precocious sorts than Dunk in his career. A test of a good leader is how well they cope when the chips are down ... if it's true then it implies the early stage of disintegration ... only got to read the words of Lee Camp at Forest to see the impact of that

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
So this is a definite? Lewis Dunk and Gus Poyet have had a ruck. How can you be so sure? Do you have a source that was in the dressing room at the time?

Alright Carol, don't believe it then. Couldn't give a f*** either way. Just what I was told by Two different people close to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here