Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have you removed these questions?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
This morning i put the following questions on "ask the club".
Who are our lawyers?
What "tender" process did the club go through to choose them?
How much have they charged the club so far?
How much of their profit have they put back into the club through advertising and Sponsorship?
What future plans for advertising and sponsorship have they made with the club?

WHY HAVE THESE BEEN REMOVED?
WHAT ARE THE CLUB HIDING?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I've gone through 3 hours worth of threads following a search using "lawyers" and didn't see them answered. Where do you suggest i look? If you are right why don't they just email me and tell me that with a link to the info? Seems to me this site reflects the service given by the club when you write to them. In other words, if we ignore they will go away.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Saint Lennard said:
Who are our lawyers?
How much of their profit have they put back into the club through advertising and Sponsorship?

It is always possible that the assumption was made that you were a 'sniffing' NIMBY, and on that basis the decision was to be as helpful to you as the LDC/Anti-Falmer brigade have been to the club.

But that is only my view and I could be completely wrong of course.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would say that with the exception of "who are the clubs lawyers", the rest is priviledge information.

The name of the lawyers is probably shown in the published accounts.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why the shit-stirring, St Lennard ??

I wouldn't expect the club to answer questions like these - they are a matter for the Board of Directors, not for 'fans'.

Divulging information about employees, contractors, agents and sponsors is not something I would expect from a responsible board.

Unless you think something to the detrement of this club's future is going on ? If so, what ?? and can you prove it ??

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
Who are our lawyers?

I'm not trying to be funny, but why would you wish to know such things? Is there something behind your questions.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Why, oh why would you want to know this. As mentioned before, most of the questions are business activity related, and therefore do not and should not have to be declared.

The only possible answer is you are trying to stir things up in regards the Falmer enquiry. Is this so ?

What do you mean by lawyers?

The barrister who has been representing the Club at the Public Inquiry?

The solicitors who act for the Club on routine legal matters?

What do you mean by "tender process"?

Should the Club be using the cheapest? Or the best?

And - forgive this one if it's inappropriate - why should the Club reveal this sort of information? Particularly when the only person to have asked the question is a complete newcomer to NSC and it's a well known fact that, in the run-up to a Public Inquiry, all sorts of dirty tricks get dreamt up by interested parties.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've put a listening device in the office of Martin Perry. There have been some very interesting little titbits that i've picked up and considered passing to Randy Naylor. Only the other day i heard Dick Knight enter the room, his nefarious cackle evidence enough of a plan hatched from the darkness that sometimes engulfs us all. He said something about the legal representatives of the club - Beel & Zebub - and the directors meeting in Castle Greyskull to discuss further ways in which they could profit from us ordinary folk. They'd all laughed at us and our efforts to introduce a modicum of solidarity into football, and downed a pint of toddler blood as part of their unholy agreement. Dick "Dark Overlord" Knight himself spoke briefly of the real business behind the facade of BHA. He's selling defective upside-down baby eyes to the parents of the blind. Needless to say, i choked on my blancmange.
Rest assured that i called the police and the National Association of Eye Trafficking and they are looking into this at the moment. ANy updates i have will be posted here.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
.......... also this is a board run by the fans for the fans, not an official outlet for the Club...............

....as was said, this info is private for the most part..............

By the way S.L., can you let me have details of the transaction costs involved in your last house purchase?...... I am just interested thats all.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
Seems to me this site reflects the service given by the club when you write to them. In other words, if we ignore they will go away.
Seems to me that you are working under the assumption that:
(a) NSC is here to provide you with a service (it isn't).
(b) That the club are obliged to answer any question you post on the 'Ask the Club' forum (they're not).

Asking the club to just give out detailed information on a public forum about their tender processes and private financial agreements they have with outside companies is, I think, beyond the remit of the Ask the Club forum.

Dunno why they deleted your question, but not much point leaving it there if its not going to be answered I suppose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The question was removed because of the snotty nature of the way it was written.

The 'ask the club' feature is a privelege not a right, so when someone who has never before posted on NSC , it will be removed. If people ask questions that are of a commercially sensitive nature then they will not be answered. The club is a limited company and does not have to answer such things. We have already had to remove a lot of questions from the 'Ask the Albion' section because they were either rude or irrelevant.

For example, you asked 'how much of their profit have they put back into the club through advertising and sponsorship?'

a) How is the club supposed to know the level of profits made by a firm of solicitors?

b) The club is buying professional services, rather than adopting a 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' approach to business. Surely what is important is that the lawyers are good at their jobs, rather than sticking their name on an advertising hoarding or sponsoring David Lee's jockstrap.

You then go on to claim that the club has something to hide. If you knew anything at all about the club or NSC you would already know that this board is 100% independent, and intends to stay that way. Therefore the club is not hiding anything as the question was removed by a moderator (in this case me) who is a fan, not an employee of the club.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Silly me, i just wanted to know whether one of (if not the biggest) cost so far for getting Falmer is putting something back into the club. And if so where? As for asking how they were chosen I just wondered if the club had asked them for something back as part of the deal.

We are putting as much as we can into this club. The Barrister, solicitor, Legal team whatever you want to call them are costing us an arm and a leg. Why is it wrong for me to question if they have pledged any of their profit towards saving the club.

Everyone seems to be so aggressive about such an innocent inquiry. I have not seen any advertising etc from anyone of this nature and just wondered why not. Why don’t you want the people who are a large overhead for this club to put something back into it? It seems absurd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
Silly me, i just wanted to know whether one of (if not the biggest) cost so far for getting Falmer is putting something back into the club. And if so where? As for asking how they were chosen I just wondered if the club had asked them for something back as part of the deal.
For christs sake, why on earth should a lawfirm who's services the club are employing feel obliged to "put something back into the club" ? They are a commercial company who the club currently have a business arrangement with. To think that a lawfirm, out of the goodness of its heart, will "give" the Albion something back is naive in the extreme. What are you expecting ? Buy a prolongued planning application, and get a litigation thrown in for free ?

:dunce:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Thank you 3 gulls for being civil and having the common sense to try and answer my question.

As for the rest of you, If the legal fees ended up being one of the reasons for us going out of business would you still be so abusive?

Someone is making alot of money out of the club and i just wondered if they were putting anything back. Why is that so wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here